churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    +

It is good to know there are guys out there like you and Sam and the others here who step up and help out. I know my husband will when needed and he doesn't mind shopping. He just spends way more than me and tends to buy things we won't eat. He likes to try new things just because "There are so many things in this store we never try"....and then when we try them, he realizes WHY I don't buy them. :laugh:

When I have had surgery of any kind, he is more than happy to sweep, clean bathrooms, do laundry, cook, etc. However, he does not do it routinely. He does stay busy though and hates days when it is too cold to be in his shop tinkering or outside doing stuff he enjoys. Until the last couple of years, I NEVER saw him sit on the couch to watch TV or sit in the lawn chair and just relax. He just never did it. I am glad he is finally learning to relax and enjoy his life a bit.

I am the fun police in the store. I go on all the supply trips. My wife likes to pamper us with treats. I have successfully cut the grocery bill down a lot and we still seat very well. I love going. Maybe I am becoming a woman.......:nailbite:

Sam is a the freaking man.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Man...yall are giving me some solid brownie point ideas :laugh:

Just being willing to help out and noticing when she is tired and needs a little help will get you tons of brownie points in my opinion anyway. It is a partnership...treat it as such. :):

alright

I need to get moving

I will be back later

thank you for just letting me vent. Sometimes that's all I need. and especially, thanks for caring.

You can vent here anytime....and we do care. That's what makes this thread such a great place to hang out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't. But yes, if he doesn't have a job, I will qualify for a lot of things

I still have that link you gave me for Indiana Drug Card and I have looked into a few other things as well.

I got the link you sent me via rep, I will look into that as well. Thank You

Mbills is the freaking man.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am the fun police in the store. I go on all the supply trips. My wife likes to pamper us with treats. I have successfully cut the grocery bill down a lot and we still seat very well. I love going. Maybe I am becoming a woman.......:nailbite:

Sam is a the freaking man.

I try to stick to the list. Hubby does not know what a list is for. He looks at it like it is a guideline but doesn't think about how items will be used in recipes and such. He just buys things because they "look interesting". He cracks me up when he tries one of those products and asks me why I bought it. :ugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I try to stick to the list. Hubby does not know what a list is for. He looks at it like it is a guideline but doesn't think about how items will be used in recipes and such. He just buys things because they "look interesting". He cracks me up when he tries one of those products and asks me why I bought it. :ugh:

I am huge on buying in bulk. Both freezers are bursting full....well, until my daughter hears we just went to Sam's club.....:):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am huge on buying in bulk. Both freezers are bursting full....well, until my daughter hears we just went to Sam's club.....:):

My niece that visited at Christmas says when the SHTF, she is racing to come here. We have two refrigerators with both freezers above them stuffed, the upright and the chest freezer. My cabinets always have backups for the backups. The laundry room upstairs has turned into the pantry with the 50# bags of flour and sugar and the canned goods we buy at the discount place by the case. When I took her into the root cellar, she declared she was moving in. LOL!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Guess I better go get the fixings ready for making dinner. The big bad hunter should be home fairly soon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My niece that visited at Christmas says when the SHTF, she is racing to come here. We have two refrigerators with both freezers above them stuffed, the upright and the chest freezer. My cabinets always have backups for the backups. The laundry room upstairs has turned into the pantry with the 50# bags of flour and sugar and the canned goods we buy at the discount place by the case. When I took her into the root cellar, she declared she was moving in. LOL!

If I had that kind of space it would be filled.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Be safe Mom. See ya later.

As long as the cats don't attack, I should be good. I need to go see if my deer are back. They have the whole yard torn up digging for acorns and were out there last night while I made dinner. The twins that the neighbor orphaned were all over by the front porch. I saw my three-legged girl the other day in the front as well so was glad to see she made it through another hunting season. She has been around for at least seven years now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom