mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I do not want to be a butt although I am.......is there not an unemployed person at home that might just do something to help you out just a little bit.

Just saying. When spousal unit is overwhelmed my job is to cut through the "Whelming" and get things back on track.

Just saying. Cause we care.....:)

I have to agree with what CM is saying, but I also realize that not all men were raised to think this way. If I ask my husband to do things, he will do them. When he first retired and I was still working full time, I still did the laundry, the house cleaning and the cooking. He has always done a great job of taking care of our vehicles, the yard, chopping the firewood and stocking it for winter, etc. If I was tired and didn't feel like cooking, we went out for dinner.

Mrs. G...you need a break. I sure hope he gets this job. I understand he may be dealing with some depression with being unemployed and that can impact his feelings about helping out. You mentioned getting the toe checked...is it still bothering you a lot?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I do not want to be a butt although I am.......is there not an unemployed person at home that might just do something to help you out just a little bit.

Just saying. When spousal unit is overwhelmed my job is to cut through the "Whelming" and get things back on track.

Just saying. Cause we care.....:)

yes there is and I am so tired of making excuses for him to myself.

"he's depressed"
    He's overwhelmed with it all"
    "he can't do the laundry right"
    "he doesn't know how to cook"

etc, etc

That is why he isn't going with me and also why I let him have it good when he told me we didn't have money for me to go north this weekend. I also went straight to my purse and pulled out MY Christmas money from Dad and told him I had $130 and that's more than enough to get me there and back and eat out every ****ing meal. Then I told him to go pound sand

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I have bottles labeled for the relpax. I'll only take a few out at a time. Just refilled it one more time before we lose insurance. Co-pay applies to it. Insurance saved me $302 and I paid $220

If I didn't need them before, I needed them after she told me that

Have you tried Imitrex MrsG?

Let me know if you need help regarding meds and their costs. I'm no miracle worker but I have some pretty good tricks up my sleeves.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    yes Mom

it hurts non-stop. the swelling at the end of the toe is huge, it is a very bright pink. The rest of the foot and toe looks great, just the end of that toe

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

"he's depressed"

etc, etc

That is why he isn't going with me and also why I let him have it good when he told me we didn't have money for me to go north this weekend. I also went straight to my purse and pulled out MY Christmas money from Dad and told him I had $130 and that's more than enough to get me there and back and eat out every ****ing meal. Then I told him to go pound sand

I LOVE a woman who can take care of herself!! :+1:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

"he's depressed"

etc, etc

Good for you.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    yes Mom

it hurts non-stop. the swelling at the end of the toe is huge, it is a very bright pink. The rest of the foot and toe looks great, just the end of that toe

Don't let it go too long before you get it checked. It may already have been too long. Standing for work probably isn't helping any.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Don't let it go too long before you get it checked. It may already have been too long. Standing for work probably isn't helping any.

This. Even without insurance right now there are places where you can get it looked at cheap or free.

If you want or need help trying to get some insurance coverage, let me know that as well, MrsG. I don't get to utilize those skills very often but I really enjoy it, so don't hesitate.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Have you tried Imitrex MrsG?

Let me know if you need help regarding meds and their costs. I'm no miracle worker but I have some pretty good tricks up my sleeves.

relpax was the first thing he prescribed and it works so we stopped there.

I have 33 pills backed up. I take about 3 or 4 a month. I knew without insurance I would have a heck of a time so I refilled every 30 days. today was the last before insurance runs out.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    relpax was the first thing he prescribed and it works so we stopped there.

I have 33 pills backed up. I take about 3 or 4 a month. I knew without insurance I would have a heck of a time so I refilled every 30 days. today was the last before insurance runs out.

That's right, I remember you saying that. The offer is a standing offer for you and anyone else, of course.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I will go to a medcheck after work tomorrow. and no, on my feet all day doesn't help
    This. Even without insurance right now there are places where you can get it looked at cheap or free.

If you want or need help trying to get some insurance coverage, let me know that as well, MrsG. I don't get to utilize those skills very often but I really enjoy it, so don't hesitate.

I have insurance until the 24th. The boy and I lose it then. Hubby will still be covered per affordable care act guidelines through the VA

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to agree with what CM is saying, but I also realize that not all men were raised to think this way. If I ask my husband to do things, he will do them. When he first retired and I was still working full time, I still did the laundry, the house cleaning and the cooking. He has always done a great job of taking care of our vehicles, the yard, chopping the firewood and stocking it for winter, etc. If I was tired and didn't feel like cooking, we went out for dinner.

Mrs. G...you need a break. I sure hope he gets this job. I understand he may be dealing with some depression with being unemployed and that can impact his feelings about helping out. You mentioned getting the toe checked...is it still bothering you a lot?

I used to think like he did. Wifes work. Then the wife went down......hard and for a long time. 6 months. I had a little girl in Kindergarten and a son in the 3rd grade.
    I became the man/woman of the house. I soon realized why woman drive like maniacs and will run you right over in the aisle at the store.....they have way to much to do and are way short of time to get it done. "But"...my spousal unit made it look so easy. It is not. I pulled it off. I am forever a changed man. When she went down again.....and again...and again....and again (I lost track) It did not get any easier. Woman rule.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I have insurance until the 24th. The boy and I lose it then. Hubby will still be covered per affordable care act guidelines through the VA

After that point you will, very likely, be eligible for a tax subsidy through a marketplace plan. You obviously know your situation, so forgive me if you've already looked into such things, but I don't want you to get lost in the convoluted system like so many people do.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    After that point you will, very likely, be eligible for a tax subsidy through a marketplace plan. You obviously know your situation, so forgive me if you've already looked into such things, but I don't want you to get lost in the convoluted system like so many people do.

I haven't. But yes, if he doesn't have a job, I will qualify for a lot of things

I still have that link you gave me for Indiana Drug Card and I have looked into a few other things as well.

I got the link you sent me via rep, I will look into that as well. Thank You

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I used to think like he did. Wifes work. Then the wife went down......hard and for a long time. 6 months. I had a little girl in Kindergarten and a son in the 3rd grade.
    I became the man/woman of the house. I soon realized why woman drive like maniacs and will run you right over in the aisle at the store.....they have way to much to do and are way short of time to get it done. "But"...my spousal unit made it look so easy. It is not. I pulled it off. I am forever a changed man. When she went down again.....and again...and again....and again (I lost track) It did not get any easier. Woman rule.
    +

It is good to know there are guys out there like you and Sam and the others here who step up and help out. I know my husband will when needed and he doesn't mind shopping. He just spends way more than me and tends to buy things we won't eat. He likes to try new things just because "There are so many things in this store we never try"....and then when we try them, he realizes WHY I don't buy them. :laugh:

When I have had surgery of any kind, he is more than happy to sweep, clean bathrooms, do laundry, cook, etc. However, he does not do it routinely. He does stay busy though and hates days when it is too cold to be in his shop tinkering or outside doing stuff he enjoys. Until the last couple of years, I NEVER saw him sit on the couch to watch TV or sit in the lawn chair and just relax. He just never did it. I am glad he is finally learning to relax and enjoy his life a bit.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    alright

I need to get moving

I will be back later

thank you for just letting me vent. Sometimes that's all I need. and especially, thanks for caring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom