Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I transferred down here from Benton County. I'm new enough to the area in Sullivan County that I do not know many people yet. I knew quite a few crop dusters and such up in the Benton/Warren County area but not down here yet.
    I phesant hunted for years in Boswell. I've walked a lot of miles in Benton county.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Ha! Benton County...I went to college with a guy from up there...should have gotten arrested up there but came back to Indy a day early instead of staying for the party on Sat night.

Sounds like a good time! Small world, haha. I liked Benton County quite a bit, all except those damn windmills and how the wind blew 20+mph no matter what. It felt like you were in Chicago when you got up in those fields in Benton/Newton/Jasper/White counties.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It is sounding that way. With no reserved lanes it might be a bit of a jumble. I like to shoot but I hate to be rushed. I may go and meet some of those folks.
    Im about the same, if nothing's going on I'll roll that way. I just don't want to commit and not make it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi guys and gals! I am finally home again.

Had a meeting tonight and then hubby wanted to go out for dinner so off we went to the local Mexican place.

My daughter has Thursday evening off so I guess she is riding down to Indy with me. I will have to ask many questions about how the dingbat has changed....BWAHAHAHAHAHA! She will be captive in my truck for at least 5 hours between the ride down and back.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I phesant hunted for years in Boswell. I've walked a lot of miles in Benton county.

I know my way around that area very very well. I only worked up there for about 2 years but when you're expected to find Joe Farmer's field on the corner of X county road and Y county road you get pretty good with directions!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Sounds like a good time! Small world, haha. I liked Benton County quite a bit, all except those damn windmills and how the wind blew 20+mph no matter what. It felt like you were in Chicago when you got up in those fields in Benton/Newton/Jasper/White counties.

The wind farm was a huge project for my company (before I worked there) I've heard there are some mighty big wind catchers up there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Had a meeting tonight and then hubby wanted to go out for dinner so off we went to the local Mexican place.

My daughter has Thursday evening off so I guess she is riding down to Indy with me. I will have to ask many questions about how the dingbat has changed....BWAHAHAHAHAHA! She will be captive in my truck for at least 5 hours between the ride down and back.

I have removed myself from that ara of my kids lives. They have wrote the checks and now they have to be cashed. I love them but done worrying.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

Be nice to her, mom...she 'loves' the dingbat...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Next meeting. Use the decoder ring to decipher the next series of memos.

han-solo-salute-o.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Be nice to her, mom...she 'loves' the dingbat...

As a man, speaking as a man, knowing what men do, and what we are capable of doing I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt and all you manly men have to agree on this 1 point...........We were all dingbats at some point in our lives and we could, if looked at closely, still fit into that description.....if only a little.

What say you all?????

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

Lt6 will be on standby. Country mouse coming to the big city.:laugh:

try not to hurt our troubled youth to much.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    The wind farm was a huge project for my company (before I worked there) I've heard there are some mighty big wind catchers up there.

Yessir, they are awfully big and from my understanding they produce a decent amount of electricity.. when running that is. Most of the time they'd have half or more of then shut off. They make a awfully eerie sound when you get directly beneath one.. It's a swoosh I can't hardly describe. They were cool at first but after working around them for a couple years they become more of a nuisance than anything. The locals absolutely hated them. None of the electricity produced helped out the locals.. it all got pumped up to Chicago from my understanding.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom