Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There's a story, possibly an urban legend, that when Coca Cola corporation went into China, they tried to find Chinese characters for their name that would be pronounced as "Coca Cola". One of the sets of characters translated literally as "bite the wax tadpole", another as "female horse fastened with wax" among others. "Female horse fastened with wax" just isn't as snappy an insult as "bite the wax tadpole", though.
    I learn so much on :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yesterday was the 1st real day I have had recently. Enough energy to enjoy the day but hit the couch hard when I was done. This getting :fogey: thing seriously sucks.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The past ~1 week has given me a new found respect for people with chronic pain :faint: I must be a wuss
    About 25 years ago I had my ankle slammed in a door on the ship. It was an automatic closing door and I let it go before I should have. Anyway, I didn't know I had cracked the ankle until a few years ago. Now it talks to me every morning and sometimes during the day.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    About 25 years ago I had my ankle slammed in a door on the ship. It was an automatic closing door and I let it go before I should have. Anyway, I didn't know I had cracked the ankle until a few years ago. Now it talks to me every morning and sometimes during the day.

Damn...I can only imagine how good that must've felt and how good it must feel now

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got all of the parts in for RAMI #3 last week and didn't realize I had forgotten the 11.5# mainspring. Now it can't be finished until that part comes in. :(

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Damn...I can only imagine how good that must've felt and how good it must feel now
    I was in the midst of a battle with a kidney stone at the time and was eating percocet like candy. That's why I didn't realize it was broken until later. They had me on it for over a month.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now it's all about pacing.

I am learning this. I have always been several irons in the fire full speed ahead.
    Life is short and there is much to do. I have done a lot.
    Now, when those terrorists and their sister are here I see it is time to pull back on the throttle a bit.
    Just a bit though.....just a bit.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am learning this. I have always been several irons in the fire full speed ahead.
    Life is short and there is much to do. I have done a lot.
    Now, when those terrorists and their sister are here I see it is time to pull back on the throttle a bit.
    Just a bit though.....just a bit.
    The boys wear me out when they are here. I will be in deep trouble when they outgrow naps. ;)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I was in the midst of a battle with a kidney stone at the time and was eating percocet like candy. That's why I didn't realize it was broken until later. They had me on it for over a month.

Thats another thing I hope I never have to experience. :faint:

call me me what you will, but I don't like pain and will avoid it whenever possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom