• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Is Wells Hardware & Lumber still in business downtown?? I used to sell them caulking, adhesives and weatherstipping back in the 90's. Messiest, most packed with stock store I ever entered, but the owner knew exactly where to find anything

Still there, although old man Wells (Willie) is not doing well. The store is still as messy, but his kids still know EXACTLY where everything is.

There was Stantz, D&M and a few others back then. Plus Richmond was close by. All that is gone now. Many I knew moved to where the work is.
    If you come into town on Hi-way 1 south bound you run next to the elevated tracks. 1st road at the light up and over the tracks and back to the extreme NW corner I owned the corner house below the big hill. Street names escape me as I am.....well......:fogey:

I'll have to take a peak next time I'm in town.

Great memory's living there.

I have some guns to build and service.

Likewise, wish it was in better shape.

Go make 'em sweet

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Still around, and still ancient! Not doing well, though, unfortunately. Still lives like he's poor despite being the richest man in the county :laugh:

He has got to be pushing 100 then. And I believe you, even back then if I saw him outside the Kroger and didn't know him, I'd want to give him a couple of bucks to get something to eat.....:laugh:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    3b5dd4693db7f00c7d460dcfc8e4456d_zpsccaf0e27.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi guys! I ran out this morning before I even turned the computer on. Neighbor's daughter texted me first thing this morning saying her mom had fallen during the night and asking me to check on her as early as I could. She was putting away a big crock pot in her spare room in the middle of the night. She tripped and fell and hit her face on a dresser. She was bleeding like crazy from an abrasion on her forehead but it wasn't a cut that could be stitched. When I got there this morning, half of her face was black and blue. She has quite a shiner and a big bruise on her forehead. She said she had a headache but felt ok otherwise. She was quite relieved that she didn't hurt anything else and was still able to get around. The last time she fell about a year ago, she was laid up for a while and we thought she had broken a hip.

I spent extra time there today but she was doing better when I left. I told her to call if she needs anything so I am sticking close to home the rest of the day. Doing laundry and crocheting. I decided to make a shawl to go with the dress I plan to wear to my son's art exhibit next week. My daughter isn't sure yet if she is going to get to go. Her replacement for work is up in the air as that girl's stepdad is dying. If he passes between now and Thursday, she will not have anyone to cover her shift.

Hubby is off coyote hunting again. The sun is shining and we are at about 35 so that is a nice change.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sounds like you been busy! Hope the neighbor lady is going to be ok. Good on ya for keeping up on her. :wavey:

She was at least in good spirits. I told her if anyone says anything about her eye, to be sure to tell them that the other guy looks a lot worse. I'm sure it will still be quite colorful when I take her for her bloodwork on Monday.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    She was at least in good spirits. I told her if anyone says anything about her eye, to be sure to tell them that the other guy looks a lot worse. I'm sure it will still be quite colorful when I take her for her bloodwork on Monday.
    That's funny! My 96 yr old aunt fell on the ice, not good. Saw her Sun. past at the family gathering. Don't know the details yet.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's funny! My 96 yr old aunt fell on the ice, not good. Saw her Sun. past at the family gathering. Don't know the details yet.

She said she must have been tempting fate cause she had been doing so good lately. I notice she keeps trying to carry things without using her walker, so I reminded her that she can set things on the seat and push them to where she wants them. I also suggested that bigger/bulkier things could be left for me or her daughter to put away for her. I know she hates losing her independence, but she is also deathly afraid of falling and breaking something. She was lucky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom