churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No ****?!?!

Yup. I lived in the extreme west side of town. I owned the old Marathon station on center street (I think) and ran my HVAC business and drag cars out of that building. I was part owner in the Standard station on the east side as you left town right across the Creek. Been a long time ago but I was there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Dog is being dealt with today, unfortunately.

I'm not a huge Beatles fan. I do like Tull, though. Skating Away is one of my favorite songs ever.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was OK with the Doobie Bros. and GA. The eagles were great to a point.
    I was more Moody blues, Tull, Yes, Captain Beyond, Ozzy, Montrose, hard core kick ass of the day R&R.

I could never get into the Moody Blues. All the rest :yesway:. I love the Beatles, old Stones, Who, Yes, old Heep, definitely Tull, Foghat and so many more.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yup. I lived in the extreme west side of town. I owned the old Marathon station on center street (I think) and ran my HVAC business and drag cars out of that building. I was part owner in the Standard station on the east side as you left town right across the Creek. Been a long time ago but I was there.

Does this look familiar? It's out by the high school on 44. It's the western most gas station I can think of

2mwugpd.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was a huge contingent of street racers when I was there.
    That forced me into buying and building up a 70 Dart. 340 with a lot of very nice parts in it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I used to have over 800 music CDs of 60's through 90's. I really liked Smashing Pumpkins, STP, Pearl Jam, etc. Now I don't think I have any.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Nope. Lots has changed since my time there.

True...some good changes, and many bad as you've probably seen on the news.

There was a huge contingent of street racers when I was there.
    That forced me into buying and building up a 70 Dart. 340 with a lot of very nice parts in it.

Still a fair amount of racers there, although nothing like I'm told it once was. The dirt track between Connersville and Liberty still fills stands, though, at least last I knew.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does this look familiar? It's out by the high school on 44. It's the western most gas station I can think of

2mwugpd.jpg

My operating Gas station was right on the point where (I think) 44 went west. It was on the south west corner just across the bridge. It had mechanics bays and pumps that we actually pumped your gas for you.....remember that. It may well be gone by now.
    I sold my interest in it and my HVAC building/business when I divorced my 1st "X"
    Moved to Ricmond and bought into Hirst Richmond heating. Lived there for a year or so and sold out to move back here. I got back here in Late 79.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    My operating Gas station was right on the point where (I think) 44 went west. It was on the south west corner just across the bridge. It had mechanics bays and pumps that we actually pumped your gas for you.....remember that. It may well be gone by now.
    I sold my interest in it and my HVAC building/business when I divorced my 1st "X"
    Moved to Ricmond and bought into Hirst Richmond heating. Lived there for a year or so and sold out to move back here. I got back here in Late 79.

Oh hell, I was backwards. I know exactly where you're talking about now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True...some good changes, and many bad as you've probably seen on the news.

Still a fair amount of racers there, although nothing like I'm told it once was. The dirt track between Connersville and Liberty still fills stands, though, at least last I knew.

Both my drag engines ended up at that track when I parted out my cars after the divorce. I sold my 4X4 to a local nut job that totaled it off road down by Liberty.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I would roll down there and use the lift to work on the race cars. Just after closing I would make a few "Passes" out front to "Test" my work. Local LEO's loved us. Not sure why really.

I have it on good authority (:laugh:) that the LEOs were damn good guys in that time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom