Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yep. She understands that. I honestly thought about calling the local Chevy dealer and asking what they would charge to replace the brake lines on that car just to give her an idea of what she is saving. At least she actually has money to pay for it right now. Her paycheck from her second job went into her account yesterday. I told her i will be transferring money from her account to pay for the parts. I also told her that the first trip for parts was around $100 and I wasn't sure after that. After the initial YIKES text I got, she said it was okay because this is money that is not allocated for monthly bills.

I believe I will spell out for her just we saved by not having to have it towed, hubby doing the work, etc. She needs a dose of reality.

Good luck with that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. She understands that. I honestly thought about calling the local Chevy dealer and asking what they would charge to replace the brake lines on that car just to give her an idea of what she is saving. At least she actually has money to pay for it right now. Her paycheck from her second job went into her account yesterday. I told her i will be transferring money from her account to pay for the parts. I also told her that the first trip for parts was around $100 and I wasn't sure after that. After the initial YIKES text I got, she said it was okay because this is money that is not allocated for monthly bills.

I believe I will spell out for her just we saved by not having to have it towed, hubby doing the work, etc. She needs a dose of reality.

This is just a start Mom.
    My son is getting reality in large doses now. It was the best thing he could have had happen.
    If you provide a net to catch them they will continue to walk along the edge.
    I know this as we are guilty of the same thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, CM, I mounted that optic...I can see the front sight post in the picture...think I might need to mount it on top of the carry handle. Carry handle does have a hole in it though.

I have my 10.5 set up to co-witness. I can see the front sight post in the optic but the red dot is zero magnified. There is 2 ways to do this. Optic riser or the carry handle.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    My son is getting reality in large doses now. It was the best thing he could have had happen.
    One hates to see them have to go thru this. Price paid to not listening to experience. I was there, somewhat.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

I was just reading on one site where a guy works in a shop and they replaced the lines on a similar style car and the bill was $2200. I think I may have to share that with her!

I rarely help her with money because I see how the idiot spends her money. The brakes are a safety issue so we will help her.

My son had gotten in the habit of calling me when he was short on cash for a while. Then I would see where he was using the debit card at bars and paying pretty sizable tabs with it. The next time he called me, I had NO cash to assist. He freaked but he figured it out and now only calls me when he absolutely has to. He was not in school at that time. Now he is, and he spends his money much more wisely. He is also paying all of his bills.

I will help them within reason, but I have no problem telling them no and making them figure it out. Hubby and I had a talk today on the way to get her car about how he has to start being less willing to help her every single time she calls. She called him once last year when the roads were horrible and she wanted him to pull her out of the ditch. We do not have a tow truck or a four wheel drive and she was in the median of a very icy 4 lane highway. I told her to stay in the car and call the tow truck. Hubby ended up going to make sure she got out okay but he also ended up paying the tow truck driver. That won't happen again.

I don't think she liked it much last night when she called here crying about her brakes, and I told her "I will not allow your crises to become my crises".

That is a line I used to tell the doctors all the time when they wanted me to do stuff for them at the last minute when I worked at the hospital. They would tell me the night before their vacation that they hired a locum tenens (substitute doctor) to cover their patients and needed them credentialed by the next day. I laughed in their face and told them they were not leaving until all credentials were verified. I always got my way and after they figured that out, they started giving me much more notice. A couple had to cancel vacations.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    beyond-hooters-9-restaurants-to-visit-for-the-wings-or-whatever_zps92de10d8.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom