• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I'm interested to see what you guys came up with. I just picked up my 10mm commander bobtail from Allen last week. Very tight and accurate. Mine was probably a boring build for Allen, but I really like it. Very clean and simple. I would post pics, but don't know how now that Photobucket sucks.

OK. The initial plans are laid down. New we get some parts coming our way.
    I am excited.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm interested to see what you guys came up with. I just picked up my 10mm commander bobtail from Allen last week. Very tight and accurate. Mine was probably a boring build for Allen, but I really like it. Very clean and simple. I would post pics, but don't know how now that Photobucket sucks.

He posted a pic of that I believe. I asked him how much...:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a Gen 4 G20 last month and yesterday, I picked up a set of Dillon 10mm dies. I've been reloading 10mm for years but have been sharing dies with my .40 setup and have not reloaded 10mm as much as I like because of the PITA it is to adjust dies. I hate screwing with a nicely set up 550 tool head so I now have a dedicated 10mm toolhead that lets me run 10mm any time I want without messing my .40 settings up. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I picked up a Gen 4 G20 last month and yesterday, I picked up a set of Dillon 10mm dies. I've been reloading 10mm for years but have been sharing dies with my .40 setup and have not reloaded 10mm as much as I like because of the PITA it is to adjust dies. I hate screwing with a nicely set up 550 tool head so I now have a dedicated 10mm toolhead that lets me run 10mm any time I want without messing my .40 settings up. :):

Sweet.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The thing that sucks is that my old setup was enough of a PITA to run 10mm that I rarely ran it. And that meant that I rarely ran the guns. And, since I rarely ran them, I sold my G29, then my G20 and finally the Witness until all I had left was the custom DE. I just replaced the G20 and will probably replace the Witness eventually. Either that or I'll explore some other 10mm pistols that I had not before. Sig and Ruger come to mind.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    The thing that sucks is that my old setup was enough of a PITA to run 10mm that I rarely ran it. And that meant that I rarely ran the guns. And, since I rarely ran them, I sold my G29, then my G20 and finally the Witness until all I had left was the custom DE. I just replaced the G20 and will probably replace the Witness eventually. Either that or I'll explore some other 10mm pistols that I had not before. Sig and Ruger come to mind.

I have dies/ tool head for 10 and 40. It definitely makes it nice having both set ups. Then you just have to change primer tubes, which ain't too bad.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Here is my contribution.

Grip work was done by 5B Gunworks in Texas. I can't believe I spent that much and waited as long as I did (9 months) but it really did make a world of difference.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    The funny part is I had to pay half up front (March), received the request to send it in 12/12 and got it back 12/20.

Edit for clarity:

I placed the order and sent in the first half of what was owed in March of '17. I didn't have to send the frame in until requested, which was 12/12. Then it only took 8 days to receive it back in the mail. I thought it was kind of silly but it was nice that:

A. I wasn't without the pistol for nine months
    B. It took less than 10 days to get it turned around.

I have a G29 I'm thinking of doing but I'm really not sure it's worth it for something I rarely carry.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom