• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, I could live with that. I had thought that you said that you sent the gun and it was sitting at their shop for 9 months. Sounds like they run a pretty good shop and are in demand due to the top notch work they do. The results sure look like they were worth the wait though.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Here is my GP100 in 10mm. Started out as a 357. Sent it to Clements to get an action job an conversion to 10mm. He had it for 7 months.
    img_1250.jpg

img_1249.jpg

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    The Smith 610's were, for me, too spendy. Once I paid the bill from Clements and after purchasing this gun I wasn't too far off from those prices, but it was so worth it.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/162569-my-happy-10mm-family.html

I now have more 10mms than I can remember.

2 1006
    2 1066
    4 G20
    3 G29
    1 G40
    1 CDE
    1 RIA 1911
    1 Olympic Arms 10mm AR15
    1 Custom G20 Longslide I built before the G40 was on the market.
    1 Bond Arms Derringer

And I am sure I am forgetting something.
    Edited to add
    1 EAA Witness Compact

Need a new family portrait, the ones in that thread are way out of date.

It's nice to see a few more avid 10mm fans here. I used to feel I was the lone voice in the wilderness.

Beautiful guns everyone! I am interested in the Witness as well, has it been reliable? I imagine I would put mine in a shoulder rig. I would also reload the round to save big $.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Steel,full size. When I was looking into the 10 originally, it was for polymer. I don't like the grip angle of Glock, and I am curious about reliability and fit. No shop has ever had a witness when I was there in 10. When I asked, they all say the same thing... Nah, we don't carry ANYTHING in 10... You don't want a 10.. it's a dead caliber. Well, maybe to you! I hear they're great for bear.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Steel,full size. When I was looking into the 10 originally, it was for polymer. I don't like the grip angle of Glock, and I am curious about reliability and fit. No shop has ever had a witness when I was there in 10. When I asked, they all say the same thing... Nah, we don't carry ANYTHING in 10... You don't want a 10.. it's a dead caliber. Well, maybe to you! I hear they're great for bear.

The 10mm round is alive and well here on Ingo and is well represented in my safe.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

You are unlikely to ever find a Witness in store. There is a Witness polymer but oddly it weighs almost as much as the steel models. I haven’t seen many people reports on the steel model, most that I’ve seen generally recommend starting at the Match model if you can swing the extra cost. Some quick googling shows the Steel model is out of stock most places but the Match can be had for about 200 more.

That said, I have two of the Tanfo Elite Witnesses and a bottom of the price range Pavona in my safe. The only quality difference I find is the Pavona is a hard plastic instead of steel. The only Witness I would avoid is anything with a Wonder Finish, too many reports of it being not so wonderful.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Keeping this thread alive. This is by far my least favorite 10mm that I own. It is not much fun to shoot because its so light. Full house loads are painful to shoot, this is one that the watered down loads are what you want. About the only reason I keep it is because its part of the collection.
    Smith and Wesson 310 Nightguard.
    20180128_155206-M.jpg

A

A
    A

Last edited:

kmurphy189

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    I use Wilson Combat 9 round mags in my Delta Elite and they run fine. In the TRP I had a lot of failure to feeds. Also if the mag ran all the way through the slide would never lock back after the last round. I put the factory mags in and the gun runs flawlessly. I also still have quite a few Colt 8 round mags and they worked without any problems too. I shot a box of 50 round (Double Tap 180gr) from 15yrs. Just standing, no bench or anything like that. Accuracy was excellent, this gun can shoot better groups than i can shoot though it. It also handled the Double Tap ammo just fine, and it's not weak, 1250fps. Here is my last target, a 30 round group.
    Z
    Z

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am made aware that all of my parts for the next custom 10mm 1911 are in the mail.
    AllenM will be starting up the mill as soon as he gets everything in hand.
    Now my part is to just add funds.....:cool:

More to follow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. I got deep into a new RIA 10mm today. I have mentioned that a few I have fondled were or seemed to be fit up pretty well. At least compared to the crap I was used to seeing a few years ago.
    At the risk of putting some butthurt on the happy RIA owners here on the forum I want you to know I am only speaking from 1st hand knowledge of these guns. If you have one and you like it great. Run it and have a ball.

This one came to me from an LGS owner that bought it NIB at the last 1500. He saw it, was interested in trying 10mm because I have been drooling over them. Price was right so he snagged it. 100 rounds into this he had more than a few feed issues and hammer follow. He showed me the gun yesterday and said he was not going to send it back and asked if I would pull up it's skirt and have a look see. He is a friend of long standing so yes, no worries.

This is the gun....
    LB54R13.jpg

These are the bits.....
    eR2oFQb.jpg

The entire gun was full of what felt like sand. Not metal from the process but sand. It was everywhere.
    The sear to hammer Geometry was so far off I am going to check the frame to make sure it is in spec.
    More to follow.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Churchmouse, very interested in your findings and opinion on the quality i was considering a Rock before i purchased my Colt Delta. If it is not to far out of spec, when you get done with it it'll be a heck of a gun. Patiently waiting your results lol. Is that a ramped bushingless barrel?

Top Bottom