• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'll add my submission to the wishful thinking portion of this thread. Sounds like a lot of the hard work may be done.

https://bloomington.craigslist.org/cto/6099304460.html

I could get down with that Falcon. Would have concern if there's a a new engine why no pic? Hiding something? I would prolly have to mini tub it and squeeze some 315 drag radials under the back. With coil overs all around to give it the right attitude. If the engine isn't very healthy I would probably go with a 351C w/4V heads and a 4 spd. Then I would give it a fairly plain coat of paint and burn up the streets

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Finally got caught up on Street Outlaws. The Death Trap is on big tires and it is FAST! Chuck is #1 now. Dave threw out the NO2 and went procharger and Jeremy (Bank Note Chevelle) also went turbo.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Finally got caught up on Street Outlaws. The Death Trap is on big tires and it is FAST! Chuck is #1 now. Dave threw out the NO2 and went procharger and Jeremy (Bank Note Chevelle) also went turbo.

Pretty sure Jeremy went procharger. Did you see the crappy editing last week? When Jeremy's car had the blue front end, then a flat black front end and then blue again? And the death trap was painted and the lower front bumper/air dam was black? Oops discovery needs to pay better attention in the editing room.
    No doubt Dave had to be running the NOS on the ragged lean edge for waaaay too long. Funny his stuff always melted pistons but Doc & Monza rarely hurt their engines. A man has got to know his limitations. Good series again so far. That whole list shake up deal really put some perspective on just how closely paired all the cars on the list are. Also shows the fastest or baddest on paper don't always win.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I could get down with that Falcon. Would have concern if there's a a new engine why no pic? Hiding something? I would prolly have to mini tub it and squeeze some 315 drag radials under the back. With coil overs all around to give it the right attitude. If the engine isn't very healthy I would probably go with a 351C w/4V heads and a 4 spd. Then I would give it a fairly plain coat of paint and burn up the streets

Exactly what I was thinking but add in some corner turning components.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty sure Jeremy went procharger. Did you see the crappy editing last week? When Jeremy's car had the blue front end, then a flat black front end and then blue again? And the death trap was painted and the lower front bumper/air dam was black? Oops discovery needs to pay better attention in the editing room.
    No doubt Dave had to be running the NOS on the ragged lean edge for waaaay too long. Funny his stuff always melted pistons but Doc & Monza rarely hurt their engines. A man has got to know his limitations. Good series again so far. That whole list shake up deal really put some perspective on just how closely paired all the cars on the list are. Also shows the fastest or baddest on paper don't always win.

Doc and Monza have way more power on tap than they can put down on the street. They know (well maybe not Doc) how to tune-em up to the conditions.
    Dave's car usually hooks up and sails. It runs on the top of the front shocks all the way through. If you watch the exhaust on Daves car you can see the engine start to loose pistons. Not every pass but the signs are there.

We always run a bit fat when the stupid switch is engaged.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For that kind of money, I'd go this direction

https://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/6113303484.html

I know I nit-pic a lot but that one is sorely under carbed. Also the Jag rear is tissue paper and would not stay under me for mare than a day if that. I used to pop the ring/pinion in my 67 Vette with regularity until we put the big block center section under it. There is a diff.

Not sure the 428 would be OK with me. They have a tendency to lay down when a Chevy guy runs them. Might be the rock ape driving style...:laugh6:

It is a nice looking piece. Very nice.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Doc and Monza have way more power on tap than they can put down on the street. They know (well maybe not Doc) how to tune-em up to the conditions.
    Dave's car usually hooks up and sails. It runs on the top of the front shocks all the way through. If you watch the exhaust on Daves car you can see the engine start to loose pistons. Not every pass but the signs are there.

We always run a bit fat when the stupid switch is engaged.

When I had the opportunity to check out both Doc and Monza's cars last spring, they both had 4 kits on them. They both seem fairly sharp but I think Monza has his act together a little more. For some reason Doc & his car are too unpredictable. As for Dave, yeah the back end is down low and the front is up keeping the power/ weight applied. On spray you could always watch the little sparks shooting from the header flames and that only means one thing..it's hurting parts.

We always try to be just a little bit conservative with our tune. Crazy thing is years ago a good rule of thumb was 4-6 jet spread..now there are guys running a 20 jet spread. Some with several kits are also injecting water to help keep the cyl's cool enough.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I know I nit-pic a lot but that one is sorely under carbed. Also the Jag rear is tissue paper and would not stay under me for mare than a day if that. I used to pop the ring/pinion in my 67 Vette with regularity until we put the big block center section under it. There is a diff.

Not sure the 428 would be OK with me. They have a tendency to lay down when a Chevy guy runs them. Might be the rock ape driving style...:laugh6:

It is a nice looking piece. Very nice.

Better?

https://bgky.craigslist.org/cto/6081837563.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom