• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Give him 2 weeks. He will get antsy and be looking for something else.

It is actually kind of fun to nit-pic the ads....:cool:
    Oh he said he's already got a guy coming to look at the truck tomorrow. I doubt he was even able to make it out of the parking lot before trying to trade it for one of the big rigs that was sitting there. ;)

Dont worry, you'll still get to nit pick. Now Rusty is gonna be looking for a replacement. Plan was to sell that one, then sell the little s10, drive the lemans daily and look for some kinda older truck for my new daily purposes. Only requirements as of right now, pre computers, 4x4 and some creature comforts such as A/C and cruise control. Oh and nothing but a GM will do for me. :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh he said he's already got a guy coming to look at the truck tomorrow. I doubt he was even able to make it out of the parking lot before trying to trade it for one of the big rigs that was sitting there. ;)

Dont worry, you'll still get to nit pick. Now Rusty is gonna be looking for a replacement. Plan was to sell that one, then sell the little s10, drive the lemans daily and look for some kinda older truck for my new daily purposes. Only requirements as of right now, pre computers, 4x4 and some creature comforts such as A/C and cruise control. Oh and nothing but a GM will do for me. :cool:

The Bow tie is ever present at the mouse compound. My Pick up is a GMC which is just a chevy with a tux.....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd like a GMC, mainly because of the Pontiac connection, but I also think they look better.

Yup.....a Tux.

I tore into the 12 bolt today.
    Damn that thing was a rusted up mess. I will have to torch off the passenger side backing plate bolts.
    Then off to the sand blaster.
    Moving right along.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I got a look inside Holbrook Racing Engines facility last Friday. That is who built the Ford crate engine that blew up on us at 471 miles... I brought it back to save on shipping since I was already driving to Detroit to do a dealer trade. Needless to say, I was not impressed. They really acted like they had the best **** out there, but walking around the back of the building I saw 5-6 pallets with the same exact engine stands bolted to them that they sent us.... We are awaiting the, to tell us how we screwed up changing the pan and pickup. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got a look inside Holbrook Racing Engines facility last Friday. That is who built the Ford crate engine that blew up on us at 471 miles... I brought it back to save on shipping since I was already driving to Detroit to do a dealer trade. Needless to say, I was not impressed. They really acted like they had the best **** out there, but walking around the back of the building I saw 5-6 pallets with the same exact engine stands bolted to them that they sent us.... We are awaiting the, to tell us how we screwed up changing the pan and pickup. :):

I am so underwhelmed by the crop of engine builders we have to endure.
    Yes, if you get a good one the crate engines are OK. They fill a void.

I actually love getting into my own engines. Not my street vehicles. I take exceptional care of them so failures are few.

When I turn the key the 1st time and it lites rite off I get all warm and gooey inside.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well, I have never done business with them but have heard/read some stories about them. From what I gather if Chris Holbrook does the actual build work it will probably be ok. But from what I hear some knuckleheads work there too
    Yeah I can't say that the people I saw working there I would trust with anything of mine.... Not that I would judge in any way. ;)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Nice but a tad pricey, I wonder if it's carbed or injected? I wouldn't want to feed a carbed version. I had an '89 injected 2wd (that I never should have gotten rid of) that was good for 22mpg on the highway.
    '87 was the first year for EFI on the GM trucks. I'd be fine with either, it won't stay stock anyway...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I got mine for $5K with 72K on it three years ago. Two wheel drive but in PERFECT condition...no rust anywhere.

DSC_1123.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom