• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Don't think I'd spend any time or money building a sbc 400. I think would be better off just finding a good 350 core. Have always heard of the cooling issues the 400 has.

On another note, I am heavily considering going ahead and doing the seat upgrade in the lemans that I've wanted to do for a year...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Seats ordered. Looking forward to this. Yes they aren't "speed parts", but I can no longer drive the car for any distance with the current seat.... This means building a custom console as well and looking into some tunes. I need tunes. And some quieter mufflers.... Damn I sound old.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seats ordered. Looking forward to this. Yes they aren't "speed parts", but I can no longer drive the car for any distance with the current seat.... This means building a custom console as well and looking into some tunes. I need tunes. And some quieter mufflers.... Damn I sound old.

Mufflers....WTF man.............:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I welded in the cutouts so I could go out and make some noise when I wanted to, but installed turbo mufflers so I could cruise and wouldn't have drone. Drone is bad, gonna need to work on that. Prolly change the mufflers, relocate the exit point.

When I 1st put the Biscayne on the street the exhaust went back maybe 3' to the dual chamber Flo-Masters and then immediately turned down. Budget exhaust.
    That was so damned loud both in and outside the car. Plus it made dust storms. It was loud to the point it hurt after a short while.
    Took it top my guy and he did a great out the back system.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have learned lots over the past couple years about what I like and don't like. I don't even care for headers anymore. Wish I wouldn't have put them on my car. Don't care for the "tininess" sound they have. When the 400 gets built, it will get repro ram air manifolds. They flow just as good as headers and they bolt right in the car....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have 3 or 4 cars that are have to's If I ever hit the lotto..(:lmfao:)

1966 "C" Cobra. Not the SC but the "C" and yes I would drive it...........................a lot.
    1967 Corvette coupe 427 435 3 peddles in dark jade white stinger.
    1969 COPO Camaro. Chinese red. Homely color. All business.

There are others but those 3 will be 1st.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom