• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    There’s signs of a really well done build going on there. Super clean engine bay. High dollar serpentine drive. What looks like functional A/C. Billet Specialty wheels. Definitely going to inquire on this one.
    Looks like it could one heck of a build and if it is I would think that price would be pretty good. I'd likely hurt myself in a car like that LOL

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Even the mildest street cam’d 557 gotta be makin over 500 ponies.
    Well with 500+ cubes and SCJ heads there's really no reason why it shouldn't make 500+ ponies even with a street cam.

The SCJ heads are are a more street friendly head but are often used on what I would call a more moderate race engine.

I wonder what transmission is in it and what has been done to the rear end. If it's factory 4 link, hopefully the torque boxes are reinforced too. I also wonder what size tire is stuffed under the back
    I like it though and sure looks like a fun car. Depending how the headers are made, I bet changing spark plugs can be little fun though.
    They weren't horrible but there wasn't much room to get to them back when we had the factory front clip on the T-Bird.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Talked to the original builder for about half an hour tonight. Sounded like an old school hot rodder. He definitely poured a lot of time and effort and money into the car. He couldn’t remember if they were Eagle or Scat rods. JE pistons. Worked over SCJ heads. Reed camshaft, but he didn’t have the cam card anymore. 10.5:1 compression. Supposed to be in the 650-ish hp range. Built AOD trans. Built rear with 4.10’s. He even went so far as to cut and weld the subframe connectors up into the floor pan.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Talked to the original builder for about half an hour tonight. Sounded like an old school hot rodder. He definitely poured a lot of time and effort and money into the car. He couldn’t remember if they were Eagle or Scat rods. JE pistons. Worked over SCJ heads. Reed camshaft, but he didn’t have the cam card anymore. 10.5:1 compression. Supposed to be in the 650-ish hp range. Built AOD trans. Built rear with 4.10’s. He even went so far as to cut and weld the subframe connectors up into the floor pan.
    Would the AOD be the weak link there?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah that sounds pretty encouraging especially for the listed price. Through the floor subframe connectors is by far the best and cleanest way to go. 4.10 gears maybe a tad much for highway cruising..maybe not but will help keep the RPM's up. 10.5:1 compression isn't bad for keeping street manners.

Well are you going to pull the trigger on it?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Would the AOD be the weak link there?
    Yes no kinda sorta. Even though it has a decent size cu.in. the HP isn't too drastic so it will probably survive pretty well. Depending whether the rods inside the engine are H beam or I beam, the 650HP maybe pushing their limits more than the limits of the AOD trans.

I'd beat on it like it owed me money

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah that sounds pretty encouraging especially for the listed price. Through the floor subframe connectors is by far the best and cleanest way to go. 4.10 gears maybe a tad much for highway cruising..maybe not but will help keep the RPM's up. 10.5:1 compression isn't bad for keeping street manners.

Well are you going to pull the trigger on it?

4.10’s with overdrive and a decent size tire wouldn’t be too bad I would think.

Top Bottom