• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    When I was 17 I had a Buick Apollo, the sister(brother?) car to this. It had a 350 Buick motor and TH350.

No hot rod at all, but it was my first paint job and turned out so good, I starting painting my friends cars. Nice white with Crager SS wheels, slightly wider in the rear, nice tires and a nice rake to it.

I was going to put the Pontiac shaker scoop in it, but didn't have the guts to cut into a perfectly good hood at the time.

If I had it now, I think it would be fun car to drop a 383 in.
    I like that your first spray was white. That's brave

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I like that your first spray was white. That's brave
    That was back in the lacquer days. Many coats wet sanded in between, then final wet sand, wheel and buff. Looked like it was wet. No clear needed.

Too bad that was also pre digital camera and I think I have one, maybe two pictures of a Kodak print in an album.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As much as that sucks for internal combustion enthusiasts, it does make sense. Gas engines physically can’t compete with the INSTANT torque of electrical batteries/motors on the street.

Electric has it's place in motorsports. Heck, Don Garlitts proved that long ago. Then just recently Bob Tasca showed how much potential the E- mustang has by running 8's in the 1/4. I appreciate the power and performance but dang the lack of an angry throaty screaming engine is a HUGE drawback for me.
    Maybe Charlie Daniels said it best... It's a downright joy to a country boy to hear them engines moan.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    @gregkl I know you said squarebody, but this OBS looks pretty clean in the couple undercarriage pics.

Little expensive,but they're not getting cheaper.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    @gregkl I know you said squarebody, but this OBS looks pretty clean in the couple undercarriage pics.

Little expensive,but they're not getting cheaper.
    That isn't too bad however my ties to the older Chevy's are the 78-80 or so.
    That was when I worked at GM building them. Outside of the squarebody era, they really don't hold any pull for me. After those years, they are just another truck to me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That was back in the lacquer days. Many coats wet sanded in between, then final wet sand, wheel and buff. Looked like it was wet. No clear needed.

Too bad that was also pre digital camera and I think I have one, maybe two pictures of a Kodak print in an album.
    I took a picture of my only picture of the car. Not very good quality but the print is 40+ years old now, but I'm still happy with how the car turned out being that I was a 17 year old kid at the time.Buick Apollo.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been mulling this one over for a few days. Honest opinions about the price?
    That car screams for one of the shaker hoods of the day. Pricewise, dunno. . looks like a nice ride that needs nothing (except above mentioned hood) comparing it to Camaros and Mustangs it looks like a pretty good deal. Maybe? Not my thing so he'd have to drop to under 10k to interest me but market segment. . . dunno.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't know if the price is right, but about the only thing I would want is to add heat to defog the window. Looks pretty clean.
    Yeah I started to mention that too but after my "needs nothing" statement I didn't want to contradict. Honestly I'd like to see a vintage air system installed, 3 pedals and 6 gears, some suspension upgrades to improve it's poise through the twisties, bigger brakes, . . . . . . .

Yeah, it's a sickness. :lmfao:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah I started to mention that too but after my "needs nothing" statement I didn't want to contradict. Honestly I'd like to see a vintage air system installed, 3 pedals and 6 gears, some suspension upgrades to improve it's poise through the twisties, bigger brakes, . . . . . . .

Yeah, it's a sickness. :lmfao:

Yeah but then it would be $25k not $15k

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah but then it would be $25k not $15k
    :stickpoke::stickpoke: maybe the better question is will you be able to get at least 15k out of it when you move on to the next toy?

Didn't you have one of these before? How does the price and condition of this one compare to the price condition of the other one?

I mean it's a pretty good, clean looking car. If you prefer to make mods to it as FE stated above to make it carve up the twisty's and such are you willing to end up closer to the 25k range or would you simply plan to hit the road and cruise it pretty much as is?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    :stickpoke::stickpoke: maybe the better question is will you be able to get at least 15k out of it when you move on to the next toy?

Didn't you have one of these before? How does the price and condition of this one compare to the price condition of the other one?

I mean it's a pretty good, clean looking car. If you prefer to make mods to it as FE stated above to make it carve up the twisty's and such are you willing to end up closer to the 25k range or would you simply plan to hit the road and cruise it pretty much as is?

I wouldn’t do a thing to it. That was my mistake with my first Ventura.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There’s signs of a really well done build going on there. Super clean engine bay. High dollar serpentine drive. What looks like functional A/C. Billet Specialty wheels. Definitely going to inquire on this one.
    Is that a PS reservoir fill on the right by the radiator cap? Well thought out and clean installation, looks factory not bubba!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom