• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now we're talkin!

Also posting on camaros forum. Turns out it was also listed on ebay awhile back, didn't meet reserve at 27600. I was thinking 28-30 would be about as much as I want to go on this one. Just not the right color and trans. The wife did remind me that I have nothing but time to wait for the right one. However if this one could be had at the right price I could rock it for a bit :)

As I've been sanding/painting the mantel I made last week I've been pondering the pale yellow one CP posted. I bet it would pretty decent with more modern wheels. Black spokes and a polished lip. Maybe some stripes or a black berger panel. The wheels in my head keep turning LOL.

There's also this one. I absolutely love the blue and white stripes on it. Asked him about pictures of the undercarriage but he doesn't have any but is maybe sending a walk around video.

That is a very quick auto sought after by class racers as the gearing is sweet "BUTT" they are weak unless the proper parts are used in them and even then they have short fuses. Ask me how I know....:):

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I auto-x’d for 10 years. Got drug along on One Lap in 2018 as a transit driver and have been jonesing to go back. Planned to in 2020 with the tib but we know how that worked out.
    This year I started playing with the Grid Life group in Sundae Cup which is basically b-spec cars under a certain power to weight threshold (that I obliterate)

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I auto-x’d for 10 years. Got drug along on One Lap in 2018 as a transit driver and have been jonesing to go back. Planned to in 2020 with the tib but we know how that worked out.
    This year I started playing with the Grid Life group in Sundae Cup which is basically b-spec cars under a certain power to weight threshold (that I obliterate)
    Were you at Putnam Park with Indy SCCA?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So when I was putting the new cap/rotor on the MSD Pro Billet distributor I found the reluctor and Magnetic pick up to be totally corroded. I guess letting these sit for a few years in a non-conditioned space is not Kosher. I have the new reluctor and pickup. Dismantled the dist. and am almost done with the refit. I need some 100% clear silicon to mount the Mg pick up as thats the way it was from factory.
    The old reluctor had to be pressed off. IMG_4966.jpgIMG_4967.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    man oh man if the bids stopped right now at 40 I'd be all over this.

Very nice. He is gonna miss that when its gone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The MSD is complete and back in the engine. New reluctor and Magnetic pickup. That was not as easy as I originally thought it might be.

Nitrous plates are loose fit assembled to check for clearances and positions. Everything seems to fit nicely as planed. I have to pipe in the purge for the Nitrous solenoids.

IMG_4999.jpgIMG_5003.jpgIMG_5002.jpg

Top Bottom