• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I always keep a little cash on hand for just such occasions.

As do I, but for the last year everyone has gotten more money than they've ever seen for doing nothing. Right or wrong, that doesn't make a great market for bottom feeders deal hunters like myself.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Hey! I used to race with Randy. Or rather I "also ran" with Randy. :lmfao:

Yeah Randy is the real deal. Him and Tanner Faust led the majority of the race. Tanner had a right front blowout about 3/4 of the way through and then Randy got mixed up in traffic with about 15 to go. That allowed Kevin to pull away late.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I really enjoy this channel. Mostly extremely rare elderly Euro exotics being brought back up to snuff.

This episode showcases a Mura that they cut the entire nose off of and remade from scratch. ~$5 million car... just grab the sawsall and get to work! Yeesh...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really enjoy this channel. Mostly extremely rare elderly Euro exotics being brought back up to snuff.

This episode showcases a Mura that they cut the entire nose off of and remade from scratch. ~$5 million car... just grab the sawsall and get to work! Yeesh...

My area being so close to the heart of racing is home to many people with those skills. What scares the crap out of me they just, as you say, get the sawzall and the plasma cutter out and start carving.
    The interesting part is when the start making the new panels/pieces and parts from flat metal.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My area being so close to the heart of racing is home to many people with those skills. What scares the crap out of me they just, as you say, get the sawzall and the plasma cutter out and start carving.
    The interesting part is when the start making the new panels/pieces and parts from flat metal.

In that video there is a Lambo that they've replaced probably 80% of the structure. He has some insanely talented guys working in his shop. His YouTube channel is just a small side chute of his real business so he doesn't get too down in the details, but I wish he would. Thankfully there are lots of talented guys that do. Ron Covell comes to mind.

At the end of the day it is "just" a car and it was made by man the first time (probably a guy with at least a bottle of wine in him at that), but wow... at some point it's pretty intimidating to know that you're working on a literal piece of art.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In that video there is a Lambo that they've replaced probably 80% of the structure. He has some insanely talented guys working in his shop. His YouTube channel is just a small side chute of his real business so he doesn't get too down in the details, but I wish he would. Thankfully there are lots of talented guys that do. Ron Covell comes to mind.

At the end of the day it is "just" a car and it was made by man the first time (probably a guy with at least a bottle of wine in him at that), but wow... at some point it's pretty intimidating to know that you're working on a literal piece of art.
    Yes art. And the craftsmen in that shop have no dies to form panels. Little if any schematics. They are fabricators in the 5truest sense of hat word.

Respect.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yes art. And the craftsmen in that shop have no dies to form panels. Little if any schematics. They are fabricators in the 5truest sense of hat word.

Respect.

Indeed. I'm not even sure if they built a buck to do that nose. What's really crazy is that shop has Mura and Countach parts laying around like you probably do (or once did) SBC stuff. Just like it's no big deal to have this 1 of a handful in the world of this or that bit of unobtanium.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    A 1.20 60ft. Is that what he said :faint:
    Doing this from memory but 6.01 in the eighth mile. On that 60 hell yes.

That Cummins has a lot of weight to transfer and it looks like the truck is doing it well. After that, it just has a lot of weight. A 6BT is 1100lbs (dry... I think). God knows what the transmission in it is or what it weighs.

To paraphrase a Jay Leno joke... It's like a fat lady square dancing. The fact that it does it at all is amazing, but doing it well? Wow...

Top Bottom