• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Given the fact that it was a turd floater downpour when we woke this morning we decided to forgo a trip to the fairgrounds. I would have liked to met BZ finally and watched the fun but it did allow me to work on my own car. And although we also missed a trip to the Mug we did do teriyaki A1 burgers on the grill and they are always GREAT!:rockwoot:

I've got all the Ride Tech parts trial fit except for the coilovers which will be tomorrows project. I want to get it where the steering wheel actually causes the front tires to move in the desired direction then I'll start dummying up some C4 and C5 wheels to determine wheel offset and size. It's getting 12" wide wheels but haven't decided on diameter although my brakes require 16" minimum.

I'm still missing the idler arm and pitman arm to tie into the Ride Tech parts but already have them on the way so time permitting I'll get that on the car and then start working on the wheel hubs, brakes, etc. I guess given the time my engine has been sitting that I'll probably have to tear it down and re-ring and bearing it.

6J9L7L8.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    So, I put my car up for sale or trade on good old craigslist. I hadnt had any bites really so i figured id just sit on it, then the other day inget a text from a guy up in lafayette who wants to trade me a crazy clean 1980 fire bird. Id even get to keep my engine. I went uo to look at it and it really is very clean. Saginaw 4 speed, complete interior, under side is coated, full exhaust, audio, new suspension. He is supposed to come take a look at my car this week or next. Its interesting offer anyway. Heres a picture
    IMG_8887.jpg the main issue on it is paint. Its a crazy uneven black cherry, except not enough black in places and not enough clear coat all over. Still a cool car. And id consider the trade about even

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So, I put my car up for sale or trade on good old craigslist. I hadnt had any bites really so i figured id just sit on it, then the other day inget a text from a guy up in lafayette who wants to trade me a crazy clean 1980 fire bird. Id even get to keep my engine. I went uo to look at it and it really is very clean. Saginaw 4 speed, complete interior, under side is coated, full exhaust, audio, new suspension. He is supposed to come take a look at my car this week or next. Its interesting offer anyway. Heres a picture
    View attachment 67530 the main issue on it is paint. Its a crazy uneven black cherry, except not enough black in places and not enough clear coat all over. Still a cool car. And id consider the trade about even

That era has grown on me but MAN I hate t-tops!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Damn. The only cool racer I ever knew was Paul Newman. . . He showed up at a divisional event at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit outside Tulsa one year when we were there. Just another racer to shoot the **** with, pretty cool! IIRC he set a track record in GT1 that weekend and got into a mild argument with a race steward when she told him he had to weigh with the car. Seems just because she was in a bikini he didn't think she she was official until she showed him her "Official" I.D. smartly hanging from the backside of the bikini bottom. To say she had his undivided attention at that point was an understatement!

I don't remember if we got smoked in the Motion Corvette our driver usually ran in GT1 that weekend or if that's the weekend we scared the **** out of him when he complained that the newly purchased Lola was slower than the GT1 car.

Until we reset the throttle stop where he'd get full throttle instead of half!:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Damn. The only cool racer I ever knew was Paul Newman. . . He showed up at a divisional event at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit outside Tulsa one year when we were there. Just another racer to shoot the **** with, pretty cool! IIRC he set a track record in GT1 that weekend and got into a mild argument with a race steward when she told him he had to weigh with the car. Seems just because she was in a bikini he didn't think she she was official until she showed him her "Official" I.D. smartly hanging from the backside of the bikini bottom. To say she had his undivided attention at that point was an understatement!

I don't remember if we got smoked in the Motion Corvette our driver usually ran in GT1 that weekend or if that's the weekend we scared the **** out of him when he complained that the newly purchased Lola was slower than the GT1 car.

Until we reset the throttle stop where he'd get full throttle instead of half!:rockwoot:

Rick Hendrick would put on a fun day back in the mid 80's for all the team members on all of his teams and there would be guest drivers as well. Paul Newman was at one of these. We strapped him into the GTP Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette GTP - Photo Gallery - Racing Sports Cars) Look at #22/#52. We let him roll at 40 pounds of boost. He did well. Huge smile. Later Rick asked us to turn it up for him and we complied. 55 pounds. That is where we raced the car in endurance runs over 3 hours. He did pretty well with it. At 65 pounds it got away from him and he garfed the side up on it.

He was a stellar guy.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not a bad deal. Those 2.3's usually take a good beating. Couldn't build it for that.

I think it would be close. The turbo could be the budget breaker on that deal. But the 2.3 is cheap to build. Speedway Motors has all the parts to make good power with that little 2.3 otherwise a fox body is a fox body there are atill plenty of them out there.
    On this one though that retarded wing on the hatch would have to go. Always looked like a cheesy afterthought

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it would be close. The turbo could be the budget breaker on that deal. But the 2.3 is cheap to build. Speedway Motors has all the parts to make good power with that little 2.3 otherwise a fox body is a fox body there are atill plenty of them out there.
    On this one though that retarded wing on the hatch would have to go. Always looked like a cheesy afterthought

Is this the same package they put in the Turbo Birds.
    2 friends had those and when they applied some effort to modifying them they did haul the mail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom