Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I dug out the 400 crank we are putting in CP's block. It has not seen the light of day in 12 years. Maybe more. Yeah it is more.
    It is slathered in axle grease.
    b3MNEh0.jpg

Cleaned off the main journals and it is swinging in the front and rear mains. I cleaned off the rod journals after I took this pic.
    I need to hang a rod/piston to see where I need to clearance the oil pan rail for the longer stroke...

tL6cEDy.jpg

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I dug out the 400 crank we are putting in CP's block. It has not seen the light of day in 12 years. Maybe more. Yeah it is more.
    It is slathered in axle grease.
    b3MNEh0.jpg

Cleaned off the main journals and it is singing in the front and rear mains. I cleaned off the rod journals after I took this pic.
    I need to hang a rod/piston to see where I need to clearance the oil pan rail for the longer stroke...

tL6cEDy.jpg

Wish I was there...

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Gutted crx is a great little track day it autox car. I got no beef with them. Spinning Doritos I never understood. V8 fuel consumption with 4cyl tq and the worst exhaust nite on the planet.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Gutted crx is a great little track day it autox car. I got no beef with them. Spinning Doritos I never understood. V8 fuel consumption with 4cyl tq and the worst exhaust nite on the planet.

I got into autox back in the late 70's when I lived in Key West; there was a guy down there that had a late '50's Fiat Abarth that wasn't particularly fast but was a downright badass on an autox course. It wasn't very often that he didn't have top time of day at an event. In race trim it was just under 1000 pounds and had a sub 1 liter engine in it. Slicks on all 4 corners and some gnarly fender flares were a pretty good indication that he didn't come out to play! Couldn't stand the sound of that little zinger when he had it wound up but it's rumored that back in the day the go kart racers used to say their karts cornered like a raped Abarth!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Totally dumped my homemade bike hot rod thing last night. Came around a corner about 20-25 and hit a sand patch and hit the brakes when i shoulda rode it out. So happy I was wearing a real helmet, i rode it home but i havent gone outside yet to look at the damage.. lots of lessons learned. :(

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Totally dumped my homemade bike hot rod thing last night. Came around a corner about 20-25 and hit a sand patch and hit the brakes when i shoulda rode it out. So happy I was wearing a real helmet, i rode it home but i havent gone outside yet to look at the damage.. lots of lessons learned. :(

That sucks but at least you ar ok. Glad you had a real helmet too. I see so many people with tiny skul cap helmets. I have never riden a motorcycle, but as a racer I appreciate a good helmet

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom