• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    FINALLY got around to hooking up the manual choke one the Galaxie the other day, sure does make it easier to start on a cold day!! Later on I'll convert it to an electric choke. I've been working on dummying up the hydroboost for it; I bought an extra under dash brace and brake pedal for the car so I can figure out the mounting without having to take the car out of service. I need to space the hydroboost out away from the firewall to get the correct placement using the stock hydroboost push rod. I figured I'd be better off not modifying the hydroboost in case I ever need to replace it. So far it "seems" as if this will actually be straight forward.:laugh:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I’m considering doing the Hot Rod Power Tour this year.

Definitely do it! A buddy of mine did it a couple of years ago and had a ball. The only complaint he had was the lack (perceived) of early iron. Too many late models with AC, power windows and killer stereos. Not enough temperamental early iron with 460 AC and pipes you could hear in the next county!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh. I’d have to do a whole fuel system anyway for that kind of motor. Get one rated for the stuff and drop on an E85 carb.

Yup. I have friends that run the stuff. It is a bit more work or so it seems.
    I put my time in running methanol in the race cars. Pickle them if they are gonna set for a spell. Get-em back out and clear the system, change the oil, plug in the oil heater, put in the hot warm up plugs, get the cold natured SOB fired and warm. Put the race sparklers in it. Hang on.

Not that much to run E-85 I know but screw that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom