• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I feel you. Have you ever just hung the mufflers off the headers and drove the car until such time funds were available for a real set of pipes. Holy mother that is loud.

Back in the day a buddy and I drove from Key West to Hollywood (FL) to hang out for the weekend. We took my 66 Mustang that we had literally just finished the 6 to v8 conversion on. It had Blackjack headers (which in my opinion are some of the best fitting headers ever, at least the old Blackjack) and a set of cherry bomb header mufflers for the exhaust, nothing else. Gave a whole new meaning to the term "buzzed" by the time we got to Hollywood and home on the return trip!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back in the day a buddy and I drove from Key West to Hollywood (FL) to hang out for the weekend. We took my 66 Mustang that we had literally just finished the 6 to v8 conversion on. It had Blackjack headers (which in my opinion are some of the best fitting headers ever, at least the old Blackjack) and a set of cherry bomb header mufflers for the exhaust, nothing else. Gave a whole new meaning to the term "buzzed" by the time we got to Hollywood and home on the return trip!

Cigarette filters (un-smoked :)) are a great sound deadener but the harmonics generated will mush you brain.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I forgot what a turd that movie was and other than the blond chick in the desert it's best forgotten.

I was working evenings part time at the Laff. road drive in theater and that played 2 times a night for 14 straight days. As I was the field manager I was outside all night......with the movies. I know every word and every scene. To this day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    So the guy who i hired to put my engine in my car did a killer job. He is a clean worker and seems to be a straight shooter. I told him id be glad to have him come back and work on whatever i cant figure out and he told me hed be happy to make a list of what is needed and what he would need in compensation in order to get the car running.

I dont think ill go that route because i dont really want it all done for me. But it seems like a good resource. Im anxious to see his list.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So the guy who i hired to put my engine in my car did a killer job. He is a clean worker and seems to be a straight shooter. I told him id be glad to have him come back and work on whatever i cant figure out and he told me hed be happy to make a list of what is needed and what he would need in compensation in order to get the car running.

I dont think ill go that route because i dont really want it all done for me. But it seems like a good resource. Im anxious to see his list.

Even I have to ask questions and do some research. New things come up. Something I have not seen. Use the resource if you can.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Even I have to ask questions and do some research. New things come up. Something I have not seen. Use the resource if you can.

Solid advice. I did the things I could do on my car and jobbed out the rest. Asked a lot of questions and learned a great deal through the process, but if I do it again there will be things I'll pay others to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Solid advice. I did the things I could do on my car and jobbed out the rest. Asked a lot of questions and learned a great deal through the process, but if I do it again there will be things I'll pay others to do.

I will no longer hang quarters or replace floors. Screw that noise. I will hang a dog house. Line it up and set the doors. Drive line's are my specialty though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom