Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bring it. I’ll take on a half breed anytime. Think I’m gonna reroute exhaust exit tomorrow as well as raise the tunnel for the Tremec install.

On paper this would be a seriously close race. Both cars would be traction limited to some degree. The Ventura would have its advantages as would the tin Indian.

That is one I would like to see. It would fall back on the drivers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hell yeah it would. I'd kinda like to see that

Best 2 out of 3 would level the thing out. All 3 in the 1/8th. Big block tin indian versus half breed small block slush box with a converter.
    Small block stroker versus big black stroker. I would say it could be pretty close. Probably go right to the 3rd race.

I get to tune CP's car. I know the Hornet has a guy.....:cool:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Best 2 out of 3 would level the thing out. All 3 in the 1/8th. Big block tin indian versus half breed small block slush box with a converter.
    Small block stroker versus big black stroker. I would say it could be pretty close. Probably go right to the 3rd race.

I'll bring popcorn and watch/help if needed

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Putting them out in front of the front tire?
    Only if I added another muffler... I’m too old for that crap. They are right behind the tire now, but one of the welds broke loose... I’ve been looking for a reason to run them straight out the back. Hate that look, but I also can’t stand the noise inside the car right now... when you have to yell at the person next to you while the car is going down the road.. that crap is only cool when the cutouts are open.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Only if I added another muffler... I’m too old for that crap. They are right behind the tire now, but one of the welds broke loose... I’ve been looking for a reason to run them straight out the back. Hate that look, but I also can’t stand the noise inside the car right now... when you have to yell at the person next to you while the car is going down the road.. that crap is only cool when the cutouts are open.

I feel you. Have you ever just hung the mufflers off the headers and drove the car until such time funds were available for a real set of pipes. Holy mother that is loud.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

It would certainly be entertaining. I’ll be coming in around 500hp, 600ft lbs in a prolly 3700lb car with me in it. 4.11 and the close ratio 5 speed will keep the big Poncho in her power band. Just the idea of a Poncho screaming around 6000rpm is getting me excited.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It would certainly be entertaining. I’ll be coming in around 500hp, 600ft lbs in a prolly 3700lb car with me in it. 4.11 and the close ratio 5 speed will keep the big Poncho in her power band. Just the idea of a Poncho screaming around 6000rpm is getting me excited.

It should.
    HP would be close between the 2 cars. Weight advantage might go to the Ventura but I do not know what wet curb weight is on that car.
    The slush box/converter combo would be easier to launch.
    The real race would be around 500 feet.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Mine should make an honest 400hp, 450+lb.ft. Probly 3250 lbs with me in it. Decent converter, 3.90 gears.

The online calculator spit out yours with an 11.9 and mine with a 12.2. :cool:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    It should.
    HP would be close between the 2 cars. Weight advantage might go to the Ventura but I do not know what wet curb weight is on that car.

Oh shoot, if we’re talking your motor I’d walk him. Same horsepower and I’ve got 400-500 lbs on him.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It should.
    I’ve decided to build a tractor engine. Much easier on the parts. Will just let the torque pull me around. I’d like to be able to run on 89-91 octane since this will be a driver and who knows where I’ll end up and what kinda fuel I’ll run into. Eventually it will be fuel injected.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom