Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Remind everyone who subscribes to this that they're just democrat-lite, and advocate for people who don't put up with this trash.
    Not attacking people for their mental health is Democrat-lite? I think the thing to oppose is being forced to accept worldviews you don’t agree with. You don’t have to agree with Jenner. You don’t have to accept him as a woman. And frankly you can be just as much an ******* as you want to him. You’re not likely to be canceled for it in Indiana. But, it’s not Democrat-lite to not be the *******.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This is all I’m gonna say. My opinion, which, don’t really mean ****. Take it for that.

I see good and bad from this. On one hand, I’m a conservative because I wanna live my life and be left the hell alone. I don’t care what caitlyn Jenner does, if (s)he has conservative values and loves our country why would I mock that? Why should I care? If (s)he does something I don’t agree with I’ll ***** about it like I would anybody that does stupid **** I disagree with.

On the flip side of that coin. The right continues to move left. Generally, the transgender community has very left ideals, so it can move the party left. BUT. Why would we ever turn people away from our party? Why wouldn’t we welcome them with open arms and try to show them the light on the other side? Let’s no be miserable, ***** about everything-ers like the left. Let’s continue being the fun party that supports LEO, loves our country and constitution, and just wants to be left the **** alone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is all I’m gonna say. My opinion, which, don’t really mean ****. Take it for that.

I see good and bad from this. On one hand, I’m a conservative because I wanna live my life and be left the hell alone. I don’t care what caitlyn Jenner does, if (s)he has conservative values and loves our country why would I mock that? Why should I care? If (s)he does something I don’t agree with I’ll ***** about it like I would anybody that does stupid **** I disagree with.

On the flip side of that coin. The right continues to move left. Generally, the transgender community has very left ideals, so it can move the party left. BUT. Why would we ever turn people away from our party? Why wouldn’t we welcome them with open arms and try to show them the light on the other side? Let’s no be miserable, ***** about everything-ers like the left. Let’s continue being the fun party that supports LEO, loves our country and constitution, and just wants to be left the **** alone.

You're obviously not a "real" conservative.

Seriously, I mostly agree. I kinda get the vibe that Jenner is a Chamber-o-commerce kind of Republican at best. Probably not gonna get a lot better than that coming from Kalifornia, but if I'm going to get upset about him speaking at CPAC, it's that and not his gender dysphoria that would cause me to not want him there. If he starts talking like a CoC Republican (oh jeez. That just looks wrong in print) THEN it's time to throw the tomatoes.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You're obviously not a "real" conservative.

Seriously, I mostly agree. I kinda get the vibe that Jenner is a Chamber-o-commerce kind of Republican at best. Probably not gonna get a lot better than that coming from Kalifornia, but if I'm going to get upset about him speaking at CPAC, it's that and not his gender dysphoria that would cause me to not want him there. If he starts talking like a CoC Republican (oh jeez. That just looks wrong in print) THEN it's time to throw the tomatoes.
    Exactly.

As for as him or her being a man or woman. I don’t care. At all. It’s not my thing, but neither is pineapple on pizza. Actually. I’ll ***** about pineapple pizza before I will about someone being trans. Don’t go in the bathroom with my family, and we’re good. I think showing people on the left how welcoming the right truly is would be the better road to take. We love America, what it was (the good), what it is (the good), and what it can be. If you wanna be part of that, great. Leave your **** in your pants and I’ll never know or care.

I think it could have been a great thing to have her/him running Republican in California.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just don’t care what people do in their personal lives. One of my best friends is gay, but he’s as conservative as I am. Lives in the sticks, shoots guns, American flag and Trump flag flying. Do whatever you want in your bedroom. Don’t try to drag me into it, and I won’t care.
    Whoa there. That's probably a little too libertarian for Tombs. :):

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Whoa there. That's probably a little too libertarian for Tombs. :):
    Well. He’s right. I’m not a “real” conservative. I actually prefer libertarians. It’s just impossible to win with one, so I settle for the party who aligns closest, and that damn sure isn’t the left.

I honestly wish we would do away with political parties. Make people actually learn who the **** they’re voting for.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. He’s right. I’m not a “real” conservative. I actually prefer libertarians. It’s just impossible to win with one, so I settle for the party who aligns closest, and that damn sure isn’t the left.

I honestly wish we would do away with political parties. Make people actually learn who the **** they’re voting for.
    I guess it also depends on what you call conservative. I am a social moderate, not a social conservative. I am a fiscal conservative. I am conservative in that there are many traditions I want to conserve. Especially I want to conserve classical libralism, otherwise known as enlightenment principles, upon which this country was formed.

But about political parties. They formed as a natural result of polity. It's inevitable.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is Jenner a kid ****er. Is that what you’re saying?

Remember what my complaint is here. It’s one thing to oppose society’s insistence that I have to go along with critical gender theory. My complaint is that Jenner need not be attacked to oppose that.
    I think the criticism is of 'republicans' thinking that pushing forward a gender LARPer as a candidate will somehow make them seem woke and relevant to left and left adjacent voters

Its as if they think there are millions of untapped votes for the party if they only can convince them they are not 'transphobic' by groveling and pandering enough

Its as if people who thought Trump was too déclassé think that Caitlyn Heshe as standard-bearer says something about republicans that anyone to the right of Joe Scarborough ever wants to hear

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Especially I want to conserve classical libralism, otherwise known as enlightenment principles, upon which this country was formed.
    So what would the founding fathers have thought of men dressing up as, and claiming they were, women?

Would they have been celebrated and invited to run for office?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what would the founding fathers have thought of men dressing up as, and claiming they were, women?

Would they have been celebrated and invited to run for office?
    What does that have to do with enlightenment principles? I don’t recall Locke mentioning anything about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the criticism is of 'republicans' thinking that pushing forward a gender LARPer as a candidate will somehow make them seem woke and relevant to left and left adjacent voters

No one said they think that not being an ******* to Jenner makes them seem woke and relevant to the left. I think they’re just saying one doesn’t have to be an *******.

Its as if they think there are millions of untapped votes for the party if they only can convince them they are not 'transphobic' by groveling and pandering enough
    No. Jenner is on the CPAC stage because he’s running for California Governor as a Republican. Are there any other Republicans running for Governor in California?

Its as if people who thought Trump was too déclassé think that Caitlyn Heshe as standard-bearer says something about republicans that anyone to the right of Joe Scarborough ever wants to hear

No one is saying Jenner is a standard bearer. That he thinks he’s a woman is between him and his therapist. Not everyone right of Joe Scarborough is an *******.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Dr. Hyles used to say, "Be kind to everyone, because you never know who is having a bad day."

I saw a meme on here yesterday that said, "I've been bald for years, but I still carry a comb. I just can't part with it." I thought, "I can use that!"

Later in the day, pricing lumber, I used it with the salesman (also bald) and he got a good laugh. He then said, "Where were you two hours ago when I was having a bad time, I could have used that."

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Now granted, I’m not getting a “vaccination,” but I won’t bemoan those who do.

Everything about the Rona has been political, but apparently now the “vaccines” are racist:

Doctor Blames White Supremacy for Minority Vaccination Hesitation on MSNBC

“According to data from the CDC, less than 10% of black, non-Hispanic people in the United States have received at least one dose of the vaccination. This is a higher population percentage in comparison to Asian-Americans (6.1%). However, it is significantly less than both the White and Hispanic populations, at 59.2% and 15.9% respectively.

This disparity has been attributed to a plethora of factors. ‘Vaccine hesitancy,’ or reluctance or refusal to get vaccinated, is disregarded as a sufficient explanation by many academics. University professors Ryan Lindsay and Elisa Sobo argue insufficient internet access, unreliable transportation, and lack of information are the real obstacles for minority communities.

Pernell, however, blames another culprit for the low minority vaccination rates.

Of the anti-vaxxer movement, she told Cross “I actually see that as another example of the proliferation of white supremacy. Because in particular, they are targeting communities of color…And they are targeting the historical injustices, the atrocity, that communities of color have experienced, as a way to play on their vulnerabilities. You have people who have questions. You have people unfortunately who have become susceptible to the conspiracy theories.”

So again, we have the left’s bigotry of low expectations and belief that their constituency is too stupid to survive in modern society. And if their constituents don’t have access to the information, how is it that the “white supremacists” are “targeting” them?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No. Jenner is on the CPAC stage because he’s running for California Governor as a Republican. Are there any other Republicans running for Governor in California?
    You should get out more

1) John Cox
    2) Kevin Faulconer
    3) Jeff Hewitt
    4) Doug Ose

But those are serious candidates who are white men, so not 'stunning and brave' enough, I'm sure

You probably haven't heard much about them (no friends from California?) because the media is hyping the candidate that they're pretty sure will guarantee a republican loss - kind of like how they'll be trying to prop up Romney in '24

I cannot fathom why your vaunted 'just the facts' methodology can't see that most of the folks who will be swayed by the queerness of the candidate are already invested in left/progressive politics and politicians. I can't give you the ratio, but I'm reasonably certain that the ratio of weirdos who wouldn't normally vote republican, but would because of the Jenner candidacy, to those voters who normally would vote republican but will be put off by the Jenner candidacy, is not 1 to 1

I also would point to the case of PaulF as an example of fringe elements (like Jenner) who prove to be unreliable, fair weather allies the first time they don't get what they want or think they can get more of what they want elsewhere

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So one must attack the man in a dress to not be woke? If you’re not saying that, okay then. If your only objection is that whatshername acknowledged Jenner as a woman, fine. My objection, as I said, is about treating Jenner like ****. I think him “feeling” like he’s a woman is between him and his therapist. If he forwards otherwise good ideas at CPAC, I can support the good ideas. If he forwards bad ideas, I can attack the bad ideas. Attacking the person is silly.
    Hate the sinner to hate the sin. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom