actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I heard right, he has adopted kids.

I know it's not a conviction, but what's the "normal" case when that happens?
    Leave the kids with him because of "innocent till proven guilty"?
    Or take them away because "safety of the child"?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I heard right, he has adopted kids.

I know it's not a conviction, but what's the "normal" case when that happens?
    Leave the kids with him because of "innocent till proven guilty"?
    Or take them away because "safety of the child"?
    Usually it would be the last one (and rightfully so in some, if not most cases, but not all). Probably depends on local laws and agencies and their caseloads.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Two thoughts:

If your ideology doesn't noticeably bleed over into your posting style, is it likely to be deeply held or just something you wrap yourself in when it's convenient

If you are misunderstood, maybe you're doing it wrong. Who can most easily fix that problem?

This is pretty much ********. First you make it a choice of a favorable to you but unlikely binary and then you put the onus on the party who is misunderstood as if those doing the misunderstanding have no part in that at all.

JK seems to me to be an occasionally right of center centrist. And sometimes he tries to force things into a space that doesn’t fit all that well. Maybe he listens to NPR too much. Or we could complain about you forcing things into spaces that don’t fit all that well. And perhaps that’s your part in the misunderstanding.

He’s consistently said that he voted for Trump since way back when. You think he’s lying? Or maybe you think everyone who voted for Trump should behave like you do?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is pretty much ********. First you make it a choice of a favorable to you but unlikely binary and then you put the onus on the party who is misunderstood as if those doing the misunderstanding have no part in that at all.

JK seems to me to be an occasionally right of center centrist. And sometimes he tries to force things into a space that doesn’t fit all that well. Maybe he listens to NPR too much. Or we could complain about you forcing things into spaces that don’t fit all that well. And perhaps that’s your part in the misunderstanding.

He’s consistently said that he voted for Trump since way back when. You think he’s lying? Or maybe you think everyone who voted for Trump should behave like you do?
    Are you going to start doing a show at the fair? :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

TWSS.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Today I watched thee movie, The Last Vermeer. Not a bad story, but that is not why I am posting.

I don't know if anyone has run into the problem with a new Blue Ray player that I have. It has happened a couple of times, when I skip through the previews that half way through the movie the sound will go out and a popup will say that the disc is not allowed to be played on this player, but that is not why I am posting.

So I let the previews play...
    1. A movie about a dreamer, coming to America and finding that the American Dream is hard...
    2. A movie where a young black man teaches an old white guy to be less white...
    3. A movie about a young girl terrorized by ICE incarcerated, but taken into a family at great hardship to themselves and lives happily ever after...
    Hollywood is all in

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

'B'. Definitely 'B'

Question: Do you see anyone 'misunderstanding' my position on the issues? :cool:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I will go absolutely unambiguous, and then drop the subject

IMO anyone who feels compelled to jump into any discussion of anything and say something like 'Not all fundamentalist islamists want to kill infidels' are virtue signaling

Technically, they are correct - when describing any group of people, you can always find at least one that doesn't fit the generalizations. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. To point the fact out is to invoke nuance without nuance, whether the distinction matters - does the exception invalidate the rule - is never discussed

'Not all INGO Xiden voters value some woke bull**** more than RKBA' - yep, likely there is one in there somewhere; but does it invalidate the statement 'INGO Xiden voters value some woke bull**** more than RKBA'? Notice nowhere do I say 'all', but the generalization must sting else some wouldn't get their panties bunched about it. It annoys me because playing woke Captain Obvious doesn't add anything to the conversation except for slacktivism and self-stroking

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will go absolutely unambiguous, and then drop the subject

IMO anyone who feels compelled to jump into any discussion of anything and say something like 'Not all fundamentalist islamists want to kill infidels' are virtue signaling

Technically, they are correct - when describing any group of people, you can always find at least one that doesn't fit the generalizations. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. To point the fact out is to invoke nuance without nuance, whether the distinction matters - does the exception invalidate the rule - is never discussed

'Not all INGO Xiden voters value some woke bull**** more than RKBA' - yep, likely there is one in there somewhere; but does it invalidate the statement 'INGO Xiden voters value some woke bull**** more than RKBA'? Notice nowhere do I say 'all', but the generalization must sting else some wouldn't get their panties bunched about it. It annoys me because playing woke Captain Obvious doesn't add anything to the conversation except for slacktivism and self-stroking
    My part of the discussion was about the people who people keep saying are Biden voters when we know that is untrue. What is true is that some people have a middle of the road worldview and that drives their opinions, not the binary you insisted.

But, about those who did vote for Biden, they’ve given their reasons. But you guys keep imposing views on them they don’t hold. And let’s be clear, I’m not defending their choice. It think it was retarded. My complaint here is that you guys keep saying people have motives they’ve never claimed. For example, that they value woke ******** more than RKBA. I don’t think you’ve established that this is true. You merely say it.

Woke ********: Diversity/Equity/Inclusion worship and the social consequences woke society imposes to enforce it. I think that’s a pretty broad description of what woke is. I don’t see much overlap with the real ass Biden voters. Actually the only ones that come to mind are Kut and CampingJosh. They don’t seem all that woke to me.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, I'm pretty sure they're not ghey, so I don't see the usual pigheaded Trump had to go because he wants to kill ghey people trope playing out there

So I really have a tough time figuring out what could be valued more than booming markets, record low unemployment (esp. among minorities), China knocked onto their back foot, the US a net exporter of fossil fuels and the attendant low energy costs and the return of manufacturing jobs (which now I am again reading MSM articles insisting they're not coming back, when we know they could be)

I can't see Kut being driven by green concerns, so have to postulate it is related to race/equity v equality - which is about as woke as it gets

CampingJosh I can see being driven by green issues, so rejoining the Paris accords and crippling our economy and jacking our domestic energy costs to stop 0.2° of warming while the CCP doesn't even have reducing coal generation in it's latest five year plan and isn't even required to slow the rate of increase of its emissions until 2035 (because it is a 'developing' country, you know). Climate change is also pretty woke

I just see people who don't like Trump and developed a rationale to support it after the fact. I mean, come on - Kut belabored the idea that Trump was a dangerous authoritarian, but so far with what Xiden is pulling - not a word. Consistent? I think not

But even those two are crystal clear in where they're coming from, relative to the 'Not all [subgroup under discussion] are [trait under discussion]' dance. Some of those folks seem all over all sides of an issue depending on what day you read their posting

I merely speculated that nuance and understanding have an inverse relationship

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom