DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes and makes me wanna hurl.

True story. Drove to Michigan because Kid Rock came out with a beer called "badass beer" Fruit flavor to it. Drank 2 sips and dumped the rest. Couldn't give that **** away. Can't call a beer badass and it tastes like a wine cooler.

Fruity beer is not for me. Barley and hops. Orange, strawberry, lemon, lime....do not belong in beer
    So a Summer Shandy is right out of the question then? :): Actually that's what got me started on Blue Moon. Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy was seasonal and I had grown to like it. Blue Moon was the closest I could find, even though it has hints of orange instead of lemon. I'd agree with you on strawberry or lime though.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So a Summer Shandy is right out of the question then? :): Actually that's what got me started on Blue Moon. Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy was seasonal and I had grown to like it. Blue Moon was the closest I could find, even though it has hints of orange instead of lemon. I'd agree with you on strawberry or lime though.
    Was so pissed one time. Went up to Wisconsin for that big concert they do. All they had was leinenkugels berry wise and summer Shandy. I listed to the concert from my car In the parking lot where I had a cooler of real beer

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Was so pissed one time. Went up to Wisconsin for that big concert they do. All they had was leinenkugels berry wise and summer Shandy. I listed to the concert from my car In the parking lot where I had a cooler of real beer
    I don't know if I've seen their Berry Wise, but I would have no desire to try it. But you know, flavors aren't just limited to beer. Seems like every make and manner of hard liquors have flavored versions. I mean, there's a peanut butter bourbon FFS.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I don't know if I've seen their Berry Wise, but I would have no desire to try it. But you know, flavors aren't just limited to beer. Seems like every make and manner of hard liquors have flavored versions. I mean, there's a peanut butter bourbon FFS.
    Hey now. I do like some peanut butter whiskey (Skrewball)

Enjoying life right now with my non fruity beer

And yes im wearing socks with shorts :lmfao:
    20230412_173213.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I drank way too much Yuengling in my college days. Worked at a bar in Pittsburgh that would sell drafts of it to employees for $1 a pint. So as a broke college kid I spent a lot of time there, even on my days off.

Even met Dick Yuengling there once. He was pretty chill. But I got pretty tired of his beer. Took a long break from it after college graduation.

I have one every now and then but don't go out of my way to drink it. It also is notorious for giving you mudd butt the day afterwards. At least it did for me.

Last edited:

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    You guys have 3 Floyds as a home state brewer, why are you drinking beer from pinko states
    been there 2 times, their attitude leaves a lot to be desired, I assume they are too used to catering to all the people from Illinois that go there, that and they like grapefruit too much in their recipes. Soo. they can continue to suck up to the pinkos that are in their back yard and I will spend my money where there aren't a bunch of a**hats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom