actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Unknown author
    "At first they ask for tolerance and we gave it. Then they wanted acceptance and to be left to their own and we accepted it. Now they demand that you openly support, cheer, and celebrate their mental illness over any other class. What is next? Required participation. "

Well, according to '1984'.. yes

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yuengling has been my go to since coming to Indana. Was always big at family reunions In PA.
    And it had (has?) a cult following in OH and IN.

Before it was even available in OH, I went to a wedding in Cincy. I got to the party the night before the wedding and asked where one of my buddies was. I was told "He's on a beer run. They ran to the PA line to grab some Yuengling. They should be back in about an hour. " I asked "Whats a Yuengling?" :):
    They literally drove 8 hours round trip to bring back a trunkload of beer.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    we used to have to drive to Ohio for Yuengling, gas station in Edgerton was just over the line and used to keep a huge cooler full of it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And it had (has?) a cult following in OH and IN.

Before it was even available in OH, I went to a wedding in Cincy. I got to the party the night before the wedding and asked where one of my buddies was. I was told "He's on a beer run. They ran to the PA line to grab some Yuengling. They should be back in about an hour. " I asked "Whats a Yuengling?" :):
    They literally drove 8 hours round trip to bring back a trunkload of beer.
    I had friends that used to drive to Missouri or Kansas (I forget) to buy Coors back in the day! Funny thing is, people from out west would drive here to buy Stroh's of all things. :ugh:

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I believe that porters finish fermenting in the bottle.
    I believe that can be problematic. I think if you do that it can never get warm and needs to be constantly refrigerated. If you home brew you can do some of that but I knew a guy who tried it and was woken in the middle of the night by bottles exploding, I saw the glass stuck in his cellar door.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Have you tried it?
    Yes and makes me wanna hurl.

True story. Drove to Michigan because Kid Rock came out with a beer called "badass beer" Fruit flavor to it. Drank 2 sips and dumped the rest. Couldn't give that **** away. Can't call a beer badass and it tastes like a wine cooler.

Fruity beer is not for me. Barley and hops. Orange, strawberry, lemon, lime....do not belong in beer

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom