• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm less forgiving, I'm always thinking giving up part of one or more fingers in a microsecond might slow their roll

It would have to take out about half of the county up here for anyone to even notice the difference. That's an awful lot of "Lefty"s down at the bar. :laugh:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And Christmas light displays are biased now...

https://thegreggjarrett.com/your-christmas-lights-are-triggering-me/

Anonymous letter to the homeowner:

“I couldn’t help but notice your Christmas lights display. During these unprecedented times, we have all experienced challenges which casual words just don’t describe what we’re feeling,” the letter reads.

Supposedly a photo of the actual display. Seriously? WTAF?
    https://twitter.com/CrimeWatchMpls/status/1336303612398608387/photo/1

Funny, I live in a pretty integrated neighborhood.
    And I keep asking neighbors if my lights are "too much" and bother them.
    I don't want to be that guy that has so many lights his neighbors hate him.
    All the neighbors say that their kids love the lights, and that if I add some more, it would be okay. As long as I don't go crazy.
    Of course, I realize they could just be saying that to my face.
    But it's not as if I'm some huge muscle bound guy that seems threatening to people.

I didn't know you had to celebrate Christmas to like the lights. Or even just tolerate them.
    Put up Hanukkah lights or Ramadan lights, and I won't be offended.

sigh.
    More of coveting what others have.
    I like my Christmas light show. But I see a LOT of others that have bigger, brighter displays.
    I don't envy them.
    I watch and appreciate, or I feel sorry for their neighbors if it's "too much".
    People have bigger cars, bigger houses, bigger yards.
    Stop looking at that.
    A comedian said, you should only look at someone else's bowl, to make sure they have enough to eat.

EVERYTHING seems to be a reminder of divisions.
    And many of those divisions seem to be brought up by some very racist people.

Well said, and I hope to be able to take a drive by and see your lights this year.

The only time I directly see this is early July.

People take to NextDoor to complain about fireworks, and tell others not to do it, because of soldiers with PTSD. They don't know anyone that even comes close to matching that description, they just hate fireworks themselves.

Usually a vet comes around saying how much he loves celebrating Independence, that usually shuts them up for a while.

Dog owners pretty much tend not to be big fans of the 'blowing off fireworks continuously from June 1 to August 1' demographic

The ones I see usually talk about their dogs and then bring up the PTSD.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Dog owners pretty much tend not to be big fans of the 'blowing off fireworks continuously from June 1 to August 1' demographic

I am all for the celebration of our Country's Independence....on July 4th. The idiots who shoot off fireworks weeks prior and months afterward deserve a special place in HELL for what it does to a lot of dogs. My two dogs don't have a problem unless the neighbor a street over decides to have a aerial assault towards my backyard with with some of the commercial fireworks he buys.

Now my Australian Cattle dog I had 10 years ago was a mess with them, he would hunker down and shake so hard you could feel it on the floor if he was nearby.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Geez, all this gnashing over fireworks? Where do these people live?

In the summer we get frequent heavy thunderstorms that are MUCH louder and last longer than fireworks and can happen any time of day or night.

They should complain to the weatherman.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

In the summer we get frequent heavy thunderstorms that are MUCH louder and last longer than fireworks and can happen any time of day or night.

The only complaint for the weatherman would be that they cannot even closely predict the weather.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hey, I don’t mind people shooting off fireworks. But jeez, I shouldn’t have to pick up all the **** out of my yard and in my gutters. All that **** you guys shoot up in the air comes back down. Check the wind or something.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A thunderstorm is soothing while sleeping.

I haven't worked a job in a couple of years because of my knees.

My wife gets up for work at 4 on weekdays and 3:30 on weekends and holidays. A neighbor was shooting off star reports from 8 until midnight for weeks before and months after Independence day.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Not around me I don't... Some dingus shooting straight up mortars 10 feet from my backyard starting at barely dusk to 1am is WAY louder than all but the most severe thunderstorms I've ever seen, and usually those blow over in an hour or two.

The first year I lived in this house the 4th was on a Wednesday and I barely slept, and thus was barely functional at work, that entire week. The following year I took the days around the holiday off because of these a-holes and they got rained out anyhow, which just pushed them back a couple of days. I can't win.

Trash all over the yard is another problem. I thought all of this is the whole reason those are all illegal anyhow? Ya know, that thing you sign when you buy them that says you're going to use them "out of state".

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My grandson always wants to play checkers or even chess with me. He is five. I do not ever "let" him win....Am I an a-hole for doing this? No. If he beats me in a game, it will be because he actually won it, like he does in parcheesi... admittedly, we have a gentleman's agreement that we will try NOT to bump each other back to start. I hold to it, and so does he. Is he disappointed when we play checkers? Of course he is. That doesn't mean I don't tell him, truthfully, that he is getting better. And when he wins at parcheesi, I congratulate him on it... because he's actually DONE what it looks like he did. "self-esteem" < "Self-respect".... The latter is something you have to earn.

A few of them made the effort to get their hands up to block it.

Looked more to me like they put hands up and made sure those hands were down before the ball got near them. Kinda like TSA is "security theater",this was "football theater".

It's shameful and it's insulting to female athletes, as the man said, because they're effectively saying that she can't succeed without the men helping her.

She may be a capable kicker and a hell of an athlete, but they're not giving her a chance to prove that by letting her actually play the game.

Jimmy Buffett, in "Tales from Margaritaville", wrote the "rules of life", according to Freddie and the Fishsticks, one of which was:

"If you decide to run the ball, just count on fumbling and getting the :poop: knocked out of you a lot, but never forget how much fun it is just to be able to run the ball!”

Blessings,
    Bill

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can we just move to the new forum software tomorrow? Seeing quoted osts with videos or images bleed over texts is really getting annoying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom