Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Michigan state rep threatens Trump supporters:

https://rumble.com/vbpi7t-michigan-dem-state-rep-records-threat-directed-at-trump-supporters.html

She has apparently been stripped of her committee positions...

Remember when the Sarah Palin campaign just superimposing crosshairs on states on a map of the United States was considered threatening? Pepperidge farm does

Now apparently it is perfectly OK to call 'the soldiers' to action, specifically against your political opponents, and there is nothing to see there

Democrats seem to view moral relativism as a way of life

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Remember when the Sarah Palin campaign just superimposing crosshairs on states on a map of the United States was considered threatening? Pepperidge farm does

Now apparently it is perfectly OK to call 'the soldiers' to action, specifically against your political opponents, and there is nothing to see there

It's not OK, that's why she's disciplined. The system is working.

I too remember the Sarah Palin crosshair kerfuffle - much ado about nothing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And Christmas light displays are biased now...

https://thegreggjarrett.com/your-christmas-lights-are-triggering-me/

Anonymous letter to the homeowner:

“I couldn’t help but notice your Christmas lights display. During these unprecedented times, we have all experienced challenges which casual words just don’t describe what we’re feeling,” the letter reads.

“The idea of twinkling, colorful lights are a reminder of divisions that continue to run through our society, a reminder of systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas or who can’t afford to put up lights of their own,” it continued.

“We must do the work of educating ourselves about the harmful impact an outward-facing display like yours can have. I challenge you to respect the dignity of all people, while striving to learn from the differences, ideas and opinions of our neighbors. We must come together collectively and challenge these institutional inequities; St. Anthony is a community welcoming of all people and we must demand better for ourselves.”

Funny, I live in a pretty integrated neighborhood.
    And I keep asking neighbors if my lights are "too much" and bother them.
    I don't want to be that guy that has so many lights his neighbors hate him.
    All the neighbors say that their kids love the lights, and that if I add some more, it would be okay. As long as I don't go crazy.
    Of course, I realize they could just be saying that to my face.
    But it's not as if I'm some huge muscle bound guy that seems threatening to people.

systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas
    I didn't know you had to celebrate Christmas to like the lights. Or even just tolerate them.
    Put up Hanukkah lights or Ramadan lights, and I won't be offended.

or who can’t afford to put up lights of their own
    sigh.
    More of coveting what others have.
    I like my Christmas light show. But I see a LOT of others that have bigger, brighter displays.
    I don't envy them.
    I watch and appreciate, or I feel sorry for their neighbors if it's "too much".
    People have bigger cars, bigger houses, bigger yards.
    Stop looking at that.
    A comedian said, you should only look at someone else's bowl, to make sure they have enough to eat.

The idea of twinkling, colorful lights are a reminder of divisions that continue to run through our society
    EVERYTHING seems to be a reminder of divisions.
    And many of those divisions seem to be brought up by some very racist people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Doncha know, it's okay when your side does it, but not when the other side does it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Why do people need to feel offend for others? Most of the time those people aren't offended at all.

Victimhood has become a currency on the left. If you aren't able to frame yourself as a victim (because privilege) then the next best thing is to show how committed you are to standing up for others who are perceived (by other leftists) as victims.

Virtue signalling is the conspicuous and disingenuous expression of moral values with the intent to enhance one's own image.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Why do people need to feel offend for others? Most of the time those people aren't offended at all.

We sort of do this too. I've never done more than 20 hours of any real public service in my life, but I support police and military for doing those jobs for me. I think the other side looks at it the same way, though wrongly. They believe they're only at where they're at because they've somehow trampled on the backs of someone else to get there. I think the difference is we support but they attempt to elevate. The difference being that I support civil rights and freedom for all. I do not support some criminal looting because of things that happened 50/100/150 years ago. They're elevating them into something they're not. Like many things on the left, they're creating a deity they can worship since they don't seem to worship anything else. Wokeness is their new god.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

She wrote me about a 1200 word email on why she was offended on behalf of MLK's daughter because they dared to include MLK in the history of gun control. I can't say I understand it. I think it has to do with a wildly inflated sense of moral fairness for the underdog. I kinda think she thinks it makes her a good person, because she tends to start off with, "well, *I* don't do it that way because <some morally superior bull****>."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We sort of do this too. I've never done more than 20 hours of any real public service in my life, but I support police and military for doing those jobs for me. I think the other side looks at it the same way, though wrongly. They believe they're only at where they're at because they've somehow trampled on the backs of someone else to get there. I think the difference is we support but they attempt to elevate. The difference being that I support civil rights and freedom for all. I do not support some criminal looting because of things that happened 50/100/150 years ago. They're elevating them into something they're not. Like many things on the left, they're creating a deity they can worship since they don't seem to worship anything else. Wokeness is their new god.

I think it's preparation for the moral superiority Olympics. Giving doesn't have to hurt when it's something meaningless. Have a cause that you want to support, but you don't want it to take up your resources? Well, maybe you're an avid runner. Enter a meaningless race to raise awareness. You know, because we're all not aware enough about how needy the really needy are. Yeah, that'll do it. Where. Awareness raised. I've done my part. Morality points accomplished. Or, another common one. If only we could elect people who would spend other people's money to solve homelessness/poverty/healthcare/school loans.

☑️ Democrat.

There. Problem solved. Virtue earned.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Victimhood has become a currency on the left. If you aren't able to frame yourself as a victim (because privilege) then the next best thing is to show how committed you are to standing up for others who are perceived (by other leftists) as victims.

IMO it is worse than that, it is slacktivism. They can convince themselves they are making a difference at little or no real cost to themselves. Then can advocate for a problem and then seek to 'fix' it with other people's money

Edit: Same idea, I'm just a slower typer jamil

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well I am not allowed to give either one of you meaningless rep that costs me nothing.

Someone needs to organize a 2.5 foot run for rep reform.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

The only time I directly see this is early July.

People take to NextDoor to complain about fireworks, and tell others not to do it, because of soldiers with PTSD. They don't know anyone that even comes close to matching that description, they just hate fireworks themselves.

Usually a vet comes around saying how much he loves celebrating Independence, that usually shuts them up for a while.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

People take to NextDoor to complain about fireworks, and tell others not to do it, because of soldiers with PTSD. They don't know anyone that even comes close to matching that description, they just hate fireworks themselves.

Usually a vet comes around saying how much he loves celebrating Independence, that usually shuts them up for a while.

Dog owners pretty much tend not to be big fans of the 'blowing off fireworks continuously from June 1 to August 1' demographic

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hijacking this for a small rant. So if I were to go on NextDoor, and rant about fireworks, it would be to feign virtue about the troops. It would be to ask that people doing fireworks consider their neighbors downwind. I have to clean up my yard after people do their celebrations every 4th of July. I’d rather not have to. One year a firework landed on the hood of one of our cars. That one pissed me off but enough neighbors were shooting off the big stuff it could have been any of 5 people doing it. I’m a big supporter of you getting to do what you want on your own property, but I’m even a bigger *opponent* of you getting to do what you want on MY property.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I don't see a ton of it, but that's because I don't live in Portland.

Dog owners pretty much tend not to be big fans of the 'blowing off fireworks continuously from June 1 to August 1' demographic

The season around here seems to go from late April until about a month ago... then will pick back up for a month or so at New Year. I'm not a fan of it at all. ON Holidays, yeah, sure, knock yourself out.

On the plus side, hillbillies setting their money on fire leaves less money for Busch Light and meth, so... Good unintended consequences.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't see a ton of it, but that's because I don't live in Portland.

The season around here seems to go from late April until about a month ago... then will pick back up for a month or so at New Year. I'm not a fan of it at all. ON Holidays, yeah, sure, knock yourself out.

On the plus side, hillbillies setting their money on fire leaves less money for Busch Light and meth, so... Good unintended consequences.

I'm less forgiving, I'm always thinking giving up part of one or more fingers in a microsecond might slow their roll

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom