• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’ve wondered that too. The only thing that makes business sense to me is similar to the notion of being on the right side of history. They may think the future is headed woke so they need to get on board the woke train so they’re not left behind. But also I can’t dismiss the possibility that the reason doesn’t have to make sense. This IS indoctrination. Corporate boards and executives could just be playing the game to stay in the game, or maybe they actually believe this nonsense.

I’d really like to know though. If they’re merely just playing the game to stay in the game, they can be convinced the game is a farce. If they’re playing because they really believe it, we’re ****ed.

I suspect the cost of placating the young and stupid is minimal. Sure, I can never buy Nikes again (and won't) but I hadn't bought that many pairs in the last 10 years anyway. I prefer Brooks and NB now. But how many pairs do the little hipsters buy? [Edit: when they aren't just stealing them]

It wouldn't surprise me if it is the result of a cynical cost/benefit analysis. I would expect a company like Patagonia to still have a conscience but not Phil Knight's cash machine

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I suspect the cost of placating the young and stupid is minimal. Sure, I can never buy Nikes again (and won't) but I hadn't bought that many pairs in the last 10 years anyway. I prefer Brooks and NB now. But how many pairs do the little hipsters buy? [Edit: when they aren't just stealing them]

It wouldn't surprise me if it is the result of a cynical cost/benefit analysis. I would expect a company like Patagonia to still have a conscience but not Phil Knight's cash machine

I would imagine very little. With the amount of them that are still living in mommy and daddy's basement, I think what discretionary spending money they have available is being saved up for the next greatest version of the I-Phone. That is after spending 6 hours in line waiting for it because they have no job to worry about showing up to.

Oh wait a sec, Apple is closing stores again because of COVID panic, OH THE HORROR!!:crying:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Joe Rogan does a very good interview of James Lindsay. James explains critical theory and the current progressive/marxist protests, language and takeover of institutions. It is long at 3 hours, but very enlightening.

[video=youtube;FtNW3I1FZ5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtNW3I1FZ5o[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Some of you may have heard about the book White Fragility, by a woman named Robin Diangelo. It's actually referenced in the Joe Rogan episode Phase2 posted above.

A lot of corporations are bringing this kook into speak and run diversity training workshops. She's getting lots of run on MSM news outlets too.

Ben Shapiro breaks down why the book is complete, unadulterated nonsense. Some of the excerpts are mind-numbingly crazy, contradictory and chock full of actual racism (from the author of course).

[video=youtube_share;iWgnX84KD7A]http://youtu.be/iWgnX84KD7A[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Woke Leftist CRIES after she's fired from "dream job".

I agree with Tim. She didn't say she'd stab someone for real. She was making an analogy.
    And I agree. She should be able to say it BUT..
    Since she calls for this herself, she should reap what she sews.

[video=youtube;7yZ-9J-mPfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yZ-9J-mPfM[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With every day it seams the indoctrinated cult trots out yet another neologism. Today I learned “caucacity”, meaning white audacity. ****ing racist ass *****.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh good lord. I can't even make a grocery list without getting virtue signaled??

blm_skinny-desktop-1591387320513.png

https://www.kroger.com/

:rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    With every day it seams the indoctrinated cult trots out yet another neologism. Today I learned “caucacity”, meaning white audacity. ****ing racist ass *****.

Does with mean I can start writing The Caucacity of Hope: Updated Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream? Don't know if I can have it ready by October, though

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Twitter jumping on the "change the language" bandwagon

Step back and look at how many wins the SJW-types are raking in right now. A man died to police. Now we have entire companies taking advantage of this to erase history, change language, behavior... ****'s getting out of control.

https://twitter.com/TwitterEng/status/1278733305190342656

Twitter said:
    Inclusive language plays a critical role in fostering an environment where everyone belongs. At Twitter, the language we have been using in our code does not reflect our values as a company or represent the people we serve. We want to change that. #WordsMatterWe’re starting with a set of words we want to move away from using in favor of more inclusive language, such as:

Eb74mBPU0AAct0s

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Twitter jumping on the "change the language" bandwagon

Step back and look at how many wins the SJW-types are raking in right now. A man died to police. Now we have entire companies taking advantage of this to erase history, change language, behavior... ****'s getting out of control.

https://twitter.com/TwitterEng/status/1278733305190342656

From the company who's name literally means " to talk lightly about trivial matters. To giggle"

Fitting.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [h=2]Definition of twit[/h][FONT=&quot] (Entry 1 of 2)

[FONT=&quot]1: a silly annoying person : FOOL
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2: an act of twitting : TAUNT
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]twit
    [FONT=&quot]verb[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]twitted; twitting
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Definition of twit (Entry 2 of 2)

[FONT=&quot]transitive verb[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1: to subject to light ridicule or reproach : RALLY
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2: to make fun of as a fault
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][h=2]Examples of twit in a Sentence[/h]Noun Only a complete twit would insult his hosts.
    [/FONT]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Joe Rogan does a very good interview of James Lindsay. James explains critical theory and the current progressive/marxist protests, language and takeover of institutions. It is long at 3 hours, but very enlightening.

[video=youtube;FtNW3I1FZ5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtNW3I1FZ5o[/video]

Wow. This was an excellent interview. Lindsay gets into some things that are even crazier than I could have ever imagined. This needs to be shared far and wide if we are to get people to see just how pervasive this insanity has become.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom