• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The Penn State School of Liberal Arts tweeted out the following. It didn't go over well and was later deleted. You can probably guess why.

RUVXZxs.png

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Only if it's equality for conservative students I'm guessing.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Conservative students must be oppressed, rooted out, and ejected at every opportunity according to those who hold power. Saying that they are welcome at the university is not allowed.

Edit- Related:
    African American Studies department calls on Penn State to require 'structural racism' courses
    In an open letter to President Eric J. Barron, the department alleged Penn State is an unwelcoming environment to non-whites.
    Seems more like they are bending over backwards to be welcoming.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Conservative students must be oppressed, rooted out, and ejected at every opportunity according to those who hold power. Saying that they are welcome at the university is not allowed.

Edit- Related:
    African American Studies department calls on Penn State to require 'structural racism' courses

Seems more like they are bending over backwards to be welcoming.

Need to grow your department?
    Want to make sure your indoctrination is spreading?
    Want a raise?

Make the classes mandatory.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    [FONT=&amp]An observation on “intellectuals”, from “Atlas Shrugged”, through the voice of Fred Kinnan, the national labor leader who doesn’t seek to evade what is the meaning of total government control of the economy through “Directive 10-289”:

“Your kind of intellectuals are the first to scream when it's safe--and the first to shut their traps at the first sign of danger. They spend years spitting at the man who feeds them--and they lick the hand of the man who slaps their drooling faces.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Didn't they deliver every country of Europe, one after another, to committees of goons, just like this one here?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    Didn't they scream their heads off to shut out every burglar alarm and to break every padlock open for the goons?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    Have you heard a peep out of them since? Didn't they scream that they were the friends of labor? Do you hear them raising their voices about the chain-gangs, the slave camps, the fourteen-hour workdays and the mortality from scurvy in the People's States of Europe?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    No, but you do hear them telling the whip-beaten wretches that starvation is prosperity, that slavery is freedom, that torture chambers are brother-love, and that if the wretches don't understand it, then it's their own fault that they suffer, and it's the mangled corpses in the jail cellars who are to blame for all their troubles, not the benevolent leaders: intellectuals.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    You might have to worry about any other breed of men, but not the about the modern intellectuals: they'll swallow anything. I don't feel so safe about the lousiest wharf rat in the longshoremen's union: he's liable to remember suddenly that he is a man--and then I won't be able to keep him in line.

But the intellectuals? That's the one thing they've forgotten long ago. I guess it's the one thing that all their education was aimed to make them forget."[/FONT]

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Scholar forced to resign over study that found police shootings not biased against blacks

Not the first time this has been researched or reached this conclusion.

Yeah, but this has been happening for decades now.

Ok, I'm just going to say this may not be the martyr you're looking for. I've never heard of him, but he seems a bit off...

wikipedia said:
    ... described the appointment as controversial, due to Hsu's comments endorsing research into using genetic modification to increase human intelligence, and his blog posts describing human race categorization as biologically valid.

He wasn't involved in the study, merely promoting it. He's actually a physics prof.
    And note that he resigned as vice president, he's still teaching (or researching) there.

I'm not saying this isn't the U trying to silence anyone, but possibly a, "stay in your lane (physics), and maybe we over-promoted you."

Note, the author of the paper is still a professor at MSU.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Ok, I'm just going to say this may not be the martyr you're looking for. I've never heard of him, but he seems a bit off...

He wasn't involved in the study, merely promoting it. He's actually a physics prof.
    And note that he resigned as vice president, he's still teaching (or researching) there.

I'm not saying this isn't the U trying to silence anyone, but possibly a, "stay in your lane (physics), and maybe we over-promoted you."

Note, the author of the paper is still a professor at MSU.

When you can't argue the subject. Argue the person.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom