Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This fall, Baylor is rolling out a new "cultural humility" training for student leaders, during which "peer leaders" will give a 45-minute presentation about concepts like social identity and microaggressions.

They want to train student leaders how to "intercede" in the event of a "microaggression" and "talk to the attacker."

Teaching students that a minor social faux pas is a form of assault sets them up for a mental breakdown in the real world.

Student leaders to get 'cultural humility' training at Baylor

Also, I can't stress enough... Campus Reform is an excellent resource for this sort of content. They do a great job covering academia and social justice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think I’m going to host a seminar on cultural insignificance, the pitfals with overestimating the importance of social identity, and how “micro-aggression” isn’t actually aggression. In the seminar you’ll learn how to react to people who “intercede” in the event of a perceived “micro-aggression” and being treated as an “attacker”.

In the mean time, if confronted by a delusional progressive, respond by saying, “No one’s ‘aggressing’ anyone untill you virtue-aggressed me. So **** you, you insane racist **********.”

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Yes, this is sad... but there's a bigger problem here: Why does a 9-year old think they're gay? Why is a 9-year old having any sexual thoughts in the first place? Who's telling them to feel that way?

A 9-year-old who came out to classmates as gay killed himself four days later, police said.

I knew I liked girls when I was younger than him, so it doesn't mean he was being pushed in that direction. If it was, "He came out as trans," I'd be questioning it, but simple attraction happens when it happens.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes, this is sad... but there's a bigger problem here: Why does a 9-year old think they're gay? Why is a 9-year old having any sexual thoughts in the first place? Who's telling them to feel that way?

A 9-year-old who came out to classmates as gay killed himself four days later, police said.

The only way 4 days of bullying had any causal connection to this suicide is if he had deep-seated mental or emotional problems to begin with.

This "bullies cause suicide" thing is way, way overdone.

...and I agree with you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is the part that bugs me:
    “He went to school and said he was gonna tell people he’s gay because he’s proud of himself,” Pierce said.

Why would equate pride with coming out as gay? Where does a nine year old get that?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is the part that bugs me:

Why would equate pride with coming out as gay? Where does a nine year old get that?

From the KDVR story: https://kdvr.com/2018/08/26/mom-says-denver-boy-killed-himself-after-being-bullied-at-school/

"And he goes, 'Can I be honest with you?'" Pierce said. "And I was like sure, and he’s like, 'I know you buy me boy stuff because I’m a boy, but I’d rather dress like a girl.'"

There has to be more to this.

I'm guessing he found some weird places of the internet, and thought "Yeah, that sounds like fun."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yet another Twitter feminist using the Jacksonville shooting to push her agenda for social change.

@emraz said:
    When a young man responds to his loss in a video game tournament by calmly gunning down his competitors, there is a problem with violent male entitlement and the coping mechanisms normalized by its toxicity.

Someone had to say it. Don’t @ me.

When a young woman responds to a break up by calmly drowning her children, there is a problem with violent female entitlement.

We can do this both ways.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A Real Doll brothel is opening in Toronto. This journalist at a local culture mag is none too pleased, even decries the lack of "consent" involved.

Why Toronto's Sex Doll Brothel is Bad for Women

Excerpts:

the service's targeting of straight men with violent fantasies sends the wrong message by giving them the green light to act on their violent urges, instead of providing them tools and support to understand the root of their brutal desires.

we must hold johns accountable. We must teach men that violence is never ok.That message will never be clear at a sex doll brothel, where there are no holds barred. That's the opposite of sex positivity.

She even finds time to complain about the lack of diversity... among the dolls:

They’re considered “exotic,” but let it be known, you won’t find any doll darker than a pumpkin spice latte.

Comment sampling from her Twitter page:

Yeah. Consent is exactly what is being left out here. This is not a solution, it enables the problem.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder how much time she's spent in Toronto, the north American equivalent to Bangkok. The dolls would just be lower maintenance versions of what's been there for a long time.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Anyone who makes blanket statements like "violence is never okay" is not someone who should be taken seriously.

I can think of several scenarios in which violence is not only acceptable, but required.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A Real Doll brothel is opening in Toronto. This journalist at a local culture mag is none too pleased, even decries the lack of "consent" involved.

Why Toronto's Sex Doll Brothel is Bad for Women

Sorry, this is all I can think of:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter