Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lol, in gta the other players would hardly be the most offensive language :):

Ya teamspeak has text, you can get teamspeak overlay and have it on your screen while in game. I never use text tho, usually only use it for voice.

Excellent point about GTA... the game has that exact same language in it. Its somehow worse coming from a kid in chat than an NPC via audio and text?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Excellent point about GTA... the game has that exact same language in it. Its somehow worse coming from a kid in chat than an NPC via audio and text?

Not to mention, when you buy most games it says on the case something to the effect of “online play is not rated and experiences may vary”. I took that as “you will occasionally come across, in gpia terms, dickwads that use obscene language”. :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lol, in gta the other players would hardly be the most offensive language :):

Ya teamspeak has text, you can get teamspeak overlay and have it on your screen while in game. I never use text tho, usually only use it for voice.
    It's soooooo ironic that the NPC's can say any curse word under the sun, but type that in the chat... :nono:

But saying **** really isn't that toxic any more - it's just an expletive that disconnected from it's meaning as a verb. The racist slurs, misogynistic language (sometimes directed toward my female character), and the new trend of throwing out "cuck" without any regard to the original meaning... those things are not easily caught by a simple filter.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It's soooooo ironic that the NPC's can say any curse word under the sun, but type that in the chat... :nono:

But saying **** really isn't that toxic any more - it's just an expletive that disconnected from it's meaning as a verb. The racist slurs, misogynistic language (sometimes directed toward my female character), and the new trend of throwing out "cuck" without any regard to the original meaning... those things are not easily caught by a simple filter.

Lol the npc’s In gta are one of my favorite parts of the game. And the racist slurs, i don’t think I’ve experienced that in gta that I remember, but I usually mute in game chat my first time joining a online game. Now call of duty, that’s a different story. I quit playing that game altogether so I could care less, but almost every lobby was full of racist remarks and kids that somehow knew and slept with my mom.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lol the npc’s In gta are one of my favorite parts of the game. And the racist slurs, i don’t think I’ve experienced that in gta that I remember, but I usually mute in game chat my first time joining a online game. Now call of duty, that’s a different story. I quit playing that game altogether so I could care less, but almost every lobby was full of racist remarks and kids that somehow knew and slept with my mom.
    That (incorrect) phrase brings out my inner Candyman...
    [video=youtube_share;om7O0MFkmpw]http://youtu.be/om7O0MFkmpw[/video]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    LvB3veM.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The racism-as-the-ultimate-sin-and-by-the-way-you-are-a-racist crowd have turned their volume to 11. I thought they had pegged the meter on the absurdity meter, but now . . . wow. How far can they push it from stupid into the realm of "what the hell have you been smoking?" can they take it before they start eating each other en masse?

On the bright side, their ridiculousness and pervasive stupidity are helping the hashtag walkaway movement gain momentum, which is a good thing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm watching the Espy Awards (wife's choice) and see a commercial for Bonobos...

I wasn't... I mean... They... I... knew soybois existed, but thought they were at the fringe.

Now it's part of mainstream media criticizing "toxic masculinity".

...shudder...

[video=youtube_share;j6jz2Jma5-s]http://youtu.be/j6jz2Jma5-s[/video]

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Re: Not seeing race is racism.

I thought we were supposed to say, "Awww. That's how it is supposed to be" when we see pictures of kids of different races/ethnicities hugging or otherwise showing a lack of "hatred".

My kids had a neighbor friend who is black. They never "saw" him as different than them. It was almost a shock when they realized he was black. I guess I failed as a parent by not pointing out every chance I had to highlight the differences between them and him, but, to avoid being a racist, I then needed to teach them to see past his color. But not too far, right?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When I saw the trailer I knew this would be coming.

No doubt. When does Lt Dan need to disband the band and give back his awards because he wasnt a double amputee? Oh brother... They are called actors for a reason. They ACT like they are something they are not. How stupid do you have to be to believe otherwise?

And on the masculinity thing... I think we have failed as a society because in the grand scheme of thing we have failed to stay within our lanes. "everybody is special and everybody is a winner" has led to an ignorance based arrogance that is destroying us.

I dont think Mad Dog Mattis, Patton, MacArthur, Gunny Hartman* and their cohorts should be dictating how we raise babies, rear children, or teach sexuality, any more than Dr Ruth, or Dr Spock should dictate military or police/SWAT strategy. Sorry snowflakes, not everyone is suited for every task, and just because you have an opinion doesnt mean it matters.

And its the same in business. The janitor shouldnt tell the CFO how to do his job any more than the CFO telling the IT manager how or when to patch his servers or which storage array to deploy. Any time you have somebody working outside their lane, inevitably bad advice is given and no matter how good it appears through their professional optic it is still bad.

But alas today's touchy feely "everybody matters and everyone is a winner" mentality has spawned this stupid "everybody's opinions and ideas are absolutely equal and if you dont believe that you are a bigot" syndrome.

Stay in your lane, be the best you can be at what you are an expert in, and let the other experts do what they do. Get out of your lane and expect to F*** up the other guy's game because you really dont know S*** about that specialty. To not understand that is height of arrogance.

Oh, and I understand the whole sock thing. I recall back in the late 90s a premium sock company that had absolutely AWESOME socks. Cant for the life of me remember the name, but they were sold at Dunham's. Extra thick and cushion-ey. compared to standard FotL socks, they were amazeballs.

*Honorable mention

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I'm watching the Espy Awards (wife's choice) and see a commercial for Bonobos...

I wasn't... I mean... They... I... knew soybois existed, but thought they were at the fringe.

Now it's part of mainstream media criticizing "toxic masculinity".

...shudder...

[video=youtube_share;j6jz2Jma5-s]http://youtu.be/j6jz2Jma5-s[/video]

Idiots. Masculine is an ADJECTIVE, not a noun. Also... :chuck:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    No doubt. When does Lt Dan need to disband the band and give back his awards because he wasnt a double amputee? Oh brother... They are called actors for a reason. They ACT like they are something they are not. How stupid do you have to be to believe otherwise?

And on the masculinity thing... I think we have failed as a society because in the grand scheme of thing we have failed to stay within our lanes. "everybody is special and everybody is a winner" has led to an ignorance based arrogance that is destroying us.

I dont think Mad Dog Mattis, Patton, MacArthur, Gunny Hartman* and their cohorts should be dictating how we raise babies, rear children, or teach sexuality, any more than Dr Ruth, or Dr Spock should dictate military or police/SWAT strategy. Sorry snowflakes, not everyone is suited for every task, and just because you have an opinion doesnt mean it matters.

And its the same in business. The janitor shouldnt tell the CFO how to do his job any more than the CFO telling the IT manager how or when to patch his servers or which storage array to deploy. Any time you have somebody working outside their lane, inevitably bad advice is given and no matter how good it appears through their professional optic it is still bad.

But alas today's touchy feely "everybody matters and everyone is a winner" mentality has spawned this stupid "everybody's opinions and ideas are absolutely equal and if you dont believe that you are a bigot" syndrome.

Stay in your lane, be the best you can be at what you are an expert in, and let the other experts do what they do. Get out of your lane and expect to F*** up the other guy's game because you really dont know S*** about that specialty. To not understand that is height of arrogance.

Oh, and I understand the whole sock thing. I recall back in the late 90s a premium sock company that had absolutely AWESOME socks. Cant for the life of me remember the name, but they were sold at Dunham's. Extra thick and cushion-ey. compared to standard FotL socks, they were amazeballs.

*Honorable mention

Well said, couldn't rep you again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Re: Not seeing race is racism.

I thought we were supposed to say, "Awww. That's how it is supposed to be" when we see pictures of kids of different races/ethnicities hugging or otherwise showing a lack of "hatred".

My kids had a neighbor friend who is black. They never "saw" him as different than them. It was almost a shock when they realized he was black. I guess I failed as a parent by not pointing out every chance I had to highlight the differences between them and him, but, to avoid being a racist, I then needed to teach them to see past his color. But not too far, right?

You should see my back yard when "All" the kids are over. SIL is Black. The terrorists (avatar) and their sister are mixed. Cousins are black/mixed/white. Neighbor kids are Hispanic. When there is a major gathering the culture's mix very well. The kids all have a ball. We do not and never will stress any differences in this mix. They are smart enough. They will figure everything out. When I slice up some fruit and hand out treats they all sound/act pretty much the same. Just like kids.

Screw the race baiters. Screw the race card players. Screw them all. I hate it. I hate the whole commercialized race industry. Step off. We need none of that crap in our happy little place.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You should see my back yard when "All" the kids are over. SIL is Black. The terrorists (avatar) and their sister are mixed. Cousins are black/mixed/white. Neighbor kids are Hispanic. When there is a major gathering the culture's mix very well. The kids all have a ball. We do not and never will stress any differences in this mix. They are smart enough. They will figure everything out. When I slice up some fruit and hand out treats they all sound/act pretty much the same. Just like kids.

Screw the race baiters. Screw the race card players. Screw them all. I hate it. I hate the whole commercialized race industry. Step off. We need none of that crap in our happy little place.

WELL! Obviously you don't understand!:drama:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The worst part of this? GOG apologized. The absolutely wrong thing to do.

Some VG247 "journalists" went nuts on twitter screaming about "GamerGate", doing the usual racist/misogynist/etc crap.

DieEz8BVMAAQcxL.jpg:small

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom