jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Leftist Wears a MAGA hat as an experiment--Results Surprised Him

This is a very interesting read. Encouraging in a way.

EDIT: safe to click the link, it's a right-safe site :): LA Writer Wore A MAGA Hat Into An Ultra-Liberal Vegan Restaurant. Here’s What Happened.

Some interesting excerpts:
    "I worry that my side isn’t as friendly," Stein admits. "We’ve harassed politicians out of restaurants, chanted threats outside a Fox News anchor’s home, and gone off on me for asking other parents if putting on a play about Native Americans despite the fact that there are no Native Americans in our school is really that evil."

Your side isn't friendly? Ya THINK? What with all this hate:
    "I didn’t want to give $25 to Trump’s re-election campaign, so I bought a knockoff hat made in China for $8 on Amazon," Stein writes. "The hate is so strong in me that I thought it was more ethical to support the Chinese government than Trump."

I think he expected everyone there to react the way he would. He was mostly wrong:
    "Before I left, I asked the black waiter, Darick Thomas, how he felt about my hat," Stein continues. "'I don’t care. At all. Really. At all! I look at a hat and that doesn’t tell me who the person is,' he said. "'I’m not against Trump. He says some smart things; he says some dumb things.'"

So. Encouraging, yes. Except the author still can't drive past his own hate, can't derive an accurate conclusion:
    "The far right has become so normalized that no one said anything to a guy in a MAGA hat at Café Gratitude," Stein concludes. "I Am Not Sure How Great That Is."

1) Trump isn't far right. The waiter had it right. Trump says some smart stuff. He says some dumb stuff.

2) The far right ISN'T normalized. Only a couple dozen people showed up to the 2nd annual Unite the Right rally. There are plenty of people on the right, but not so many are alt-right, or far right. Instead of living in the world he thinks we live in, the one where a couple of white guys attacks a gay black man in Downtown Chicago at 2AM in subzero temps, we actually live in a world where the gay black man fabricates the story for personal gain.

3) The conclusion to his experiment should have been, not everyone is as bat **** crazy as we might imagine.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About the Cubs fan getting a lifetime ban. Will Cain has a ESPNRadio show.

Will Cain
    @willcain

I spoke to the Cubs. There is very little, if any, other evidence that this guy was flashing a white power symbol. No background, no social media posts, nothing. They also haven’t spoken to him and told me that they have no interest in hearing his side.

Sounding to me like it's bull****. It's inconclusive what his motive was. Maybe he intended racism. I don't know. Hell, I can't even verify what symbol he made! Every video I've seen has it blurred out!

I'm kinda thinking the Cubs reacted to it this way a distraction from the wife-beater rejoining the team.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    About the Cubs fan getting a lifetime ban. Will Cain has a ESPNRadio show.

Will Cain

I spoke to the Cubs. There is very little, if any, other evidence that this guy was flashing a white power symbol. No background, no social media posts, nothing. They also haven’t spoken to him and told me that they have no interest in hearing his side.

Sounding to me like it's bull****. It's inconclusive what his motive was. Maybe he intended racism. I don't know. Hell, I can't even verify what symbol he made! Every video I've seen has it blurred out!

I'm kinda thinking the Cubs reacted to it this way a distraction from the wife-beater rejoining the team.

Probably B.S. anyway.
    Ban him?
    What are they going to do, put his picture at all the gates?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

EDIT: safe to click the link, it's a right-safe site :): LA Writer Wore A MAGA Hat Into An Ultra-Liberal Vegan Restaurant. Here’s What Happened.

"I worry that my side isn’t as friendly," Stein admits. "We’ve harassed politicians out of restaurants, chanted threats outside a Fox News anchor’s home, and gone off on me for asking other parents if putting on a play about Native Americans despite the fact that there are no Native Americans in our school is really that evil."

"I didn’t want to give $25 to Trump’s re-election campaign, so I bought a knockoff hat made in China for $8 on Amazon," Stein writes. "The hate is so strong in me that I thought it was more ethical to support the Chinese government than Trump."

I think he expected everyone there to react the way he would. He was mostly wrong:
    "Before I left, I asked the black waiter, Darick Thomas, how he felt about my hat," Stein continues. "'I don’t care. At all. Really. At all! I look at a hat and that doesn’t tell me who the person is,' he said. "'I’m not against Trump. He says some smart things; he says some dumb things.'"

So. Encouraging, yes. Except the author still can't drive past his own hate, can't derive an accurate conclusion:
    "The far right has become so normalized that no one said anything to a guy in a MAGA hat at Café Gratitude," Stein concludes. "I Am Not Sure How Great That Is."

1) Trump isn't far right. The waiter had it right. Trump says some smart stuff. He says some dumb stuff.

2) The far right ISN'T normalized. Only a couple dozen people showed up to the 2nd annual Unite the Right rally. There are plenty of people on the right, but not so many are alt-right, or far right. Instead of living in the world he thinks we live in, the one where a couple of white guys attacks a gay black man in Downtown Chicago at 2AM in subzero temps, we actually live in a world where the gay black man fabricates the story for personal gain.

3) The conclusion to his experiment should have been, not everyone is as bat **** crazy as we might imagine.

There are a few good videos of a few people doing this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Probably B.S. anyway.
    Ban him?
    What are they going to do, put his picture at all the gates?

I think they’re not actually going to follow through with it. This was mostly an act for media consumption. People are talking about this and not the wife beating **********.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think they’re not actually going to follow through with it. This was mostly an act for media consumption. People are talking about this and not the wife beating **********.

Even more proof they don't want to do anything. One is way worse than the other. Yet they do nothing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

[video=youtube;vCWOdQDgs-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWOdQDgs-A[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NSFW language warning.

Oh look.
    Another liberal white person trying to tell a minority what to say, how to act, and how to think.

[video=youtube;NlopX-pOrAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlopX-pOrAg[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Someone should be telling this white dude he's the racist, for trying to tell him what to wear.

[video=youtube;7qiXUxpnV28]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qiXUxpnV28[/video]

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Even more proof they don't want to do anything. One is way worse than the other. Yet they do nothing.
    I'm curious. What exactly is the proper way for them to handle Russel? Should he lose his career for what he did? He was never convicted of a crime, and he has complied with everything they demanded of him.

He was suspended for about 1/4 of a season without pay. I'd say that losing somewhere in the neighborhood of $600k-$800k is a lot, plus having your life dragged through the media is a lot more than being banned from watching baseball games at a certain ballpark. A ban that probably can't even be upheld for reason's mentioned.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am going to say that all the way around the race to judge and condemn first and most severely needs to stop. This high school groupthink needs to get under control. We don't need the mob mentality in our society.. This holds equally true with accusations that go nowhere for lack of evidence, making a gesture that apparently 5 different people can interpret 6 different ways, selling chicken sandwiches while being pro-life, or simply wearing a red hat with a slogan referring to the wellbeing of the country.

MAKE AMERICA REASONABLE AGAIN!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Trump checking out his new white power binoculars.

View attachment 77014

Holy ****! Is that what that is? They're right, this behavior does start at an early age; when we used to have our dirt clod fights back in the days of yore ( you know,m when kids actually played outside. In the dirt. All day long) all of our sentries would make these signs while scanning the horizon for the enemy.

WHY DIDN'T THEY WARN US???????:(:(:(:(:(

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And what is the proper way to deal with a fan that made an "okay" sign?
    I, obviously, would ignore it. I highly doubt he was making an OK sign though. Whatever his real intention, it was stupid to make that sign behind a black reporter. Read some of the reports on the incident. Looks like the Cubs tried to talk to him, but were unsuccessful.

To say that Russell was dealt with easier though is silly. Did the person making the sign suffer any real penalty? Did he lose a 1/4 of his yearly salary? Did they publish his name so that the nation could talk about what he did and how horrible he is? No. They sent him a letter saying don't come back. If he does AND they happen to figure out he did, they can have him arrested for trespassing.

He could also always call the Cubs back and defend himself if he so chooses.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am going to say that all the way around the race to judge and condemn first and most severely needs to stop. This high school groupthink needs to get under control. We don't need the mob mentality in our society.. This holds equally true with accusations that go nowhere for lack of evidence, making a gesture that apparently 5 different people can interpret 6 different ways, selling chicken sandwiches while being pro-life, or simply wearing a red hat with a slogan referring to the wellbeing of the country.

MAKE AMERICA REASONABLE AGAIN!

MARA. I can dig it. :yesway:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IndyDave1776 again.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom