Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm a subscriber too. He makes me consider things from a very different perspective and it's interesting when we reach the same conclusions coming from opposite directions.

He's also usually meticulous about fact-checking and makes it clear when he offering his opinion vs. when he is reporting factual news content. It's . . . refreshing.

I like when he explains he is NOT news. Merely opinion.
    Though, he has 2 channels. One is more "news" and researched.
    Timcast and Tim Pool.

He also catches grief for being "white".
    He's half asian. But his haters don't care.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Timcast and Tim Pool.

What kind of Asian? Heh heh heh

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Timcast and Tim Pool.

So we have White Asian to go with White Hispanic now?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    get

woke

go

broke

DxrKDifWwAAdr5-.jpg:small

DxrKHAvWwAAAL23.jpg:small
    I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I settled in for an evening of binge watching and got to the 3rd episode. I learned that corporations are taking over American politics, aided by, of course, the "alt right". Now what am I supposed to binge watch? Damn you, Netflix.

BTW, can someone define just what the heck "alt right " means? I hear I a lot lately, but have no idea of its origin nor meaning. Tanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I settled in for an evening of binge watching and got to the 3rd episode. I learned that corporations are taking over American politics, aided by, of course, the "alt right". Now what am I supposed to binge watch? Damn you, Netflix.

BTW, can someone define just what the heck "alt right " means? I hear I a lot lately, but have no idea of its origin nor meaning. Tanks.

Give it a chance. It ain’t that bad.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Have you seen Man in the High Castle on Amazon?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Oh sounds so interesting! Have they worked in how this same group is causing global warming yet? Any “red” hats appear in the background shots?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not 100% sure this fits here, but let's see if I can explain it.

Back in the day, journalists and news outlets were talking about coal miners and whatnot losing their jobs. They wrote articles suggesting people "learn to code." Obviously, that's a stupid thing to do.

Fast forward to today. Journalists are being laid off at a rapid rate. 4chan put together a campaign to tweet at the laid off journalists... "learn to code", or a variant of that line.

Journalists are flipping their ****, ranting and angry at these people. It's pretty funny.

However, now.... Twitter is banning people that say "learn to code" at laid-off journalists, classifying it as "abusive or harassing behavior".

Such thin skin.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Alas, they are never themselves shamed. They exist to shame others. The 4chan campaign is spot on and oh so deliciously deserved. S*** it BuzzFeed and HuffPo, live by the sword, die by the sword

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's a good show... but for the life of me, I can't figure out the endgame.
    I am halfway through season 2, and I have no idea what is really going on.

I started it and gave it my 2 episode test to grab my interest, which it failed. Does it get better?

I think so, but it depends. It is not an action show. It is more of a cerebral show. There are a number of intersecting stories with one underlying story, and they keep the audience in the dark about a lot of what is going on. I find it refreshing to watch a show where I cannot predict what is going to happen all the time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not 100% sure this fits here, but let's see if I can explain it.

Back in the day, journalists and news outlets were talking about coal miners and whatnot losing their jobs. They wrote articles suggesting people "learn to code." Obviously, that's a stupid thing to do.

Fast forward to today. Journalists are being laid off at a rapid rate. 4chan put together a campaign to tweet at the laid off journalists... "learn to code", or a variant of that line.

Journalists are flipping their ****, ranting and angry at these people. It's pretty funny.

However, now.... Twitter is banning people that say "learn to code" at laid-off journalists, classifying it as "abusive or harassing behavior".

Such thin skin.

And yet people threatening to kill hat wearing teenagers aren't banned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom