Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fitting that stuff like this is showing up today.

Dgi0C-0XcAAqgqV.jpg:small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't believe that at all. I think there has been a sizable uptick in actual stormfront-type people willing to show their true colors. Enough, to make one go "whoa, there's that many?" I also believe that the president has purposefully cultivated those persons. It's one of the reasons I'm one the fence as if he's an actual racist, or if he simply acts and says the things he does because he finds their support essential.

Before you respond, answer me this question. Do you know who David Duke is, and how long have you know about him, and what he represents. And this isn't about you personally, it's just drawing a baseline example.

Before I respond, I know who David Duke is. I've known about him since he rose to prominence in the late 80s. I know he's a self-avowed White Nationalist, Klansman extraordinaire. He is a unapologetic racist.

That answered as requested, now I get to respond. I think you're overestimating the people who have these true colors they are now willing to show, versus the people who are disparaged by society for their immutable characteristics, and are thus more prone to be swayed by the identitarian arguments of the right. I think you'd be able to see this clearly if you'd drop the tendency to deconstruct everything, to turn it around on people. Listen to what they're actually saying rather than your usual assumption that they're motivation is racist.

And I'm not saying we don't have people who lean that way here. I'm saying you're overestimating the actual numbers, and you're attributing to racism that which is more apparently motivated by ideology instead. You often mistake for dog whistles that which is just an ideological position, which may be tribal, but is not racist.

Back to the growing "stormfront" ranks. You're not looking at this with sufficient depth. You think the growth is organic, that the natural white supremacist in white people is just starting to ooz out, and Trump makes the more emboldened to "be themselves". To the extent that could be true, it's tiny.

When the left deplatforms white males on identitarian grounds, it's a lot more natural for some people to say **** it, if it's all going to be about identities, I'll just stick with the identity that's not trying to beat me down, that seems to be sticking up for me. The same is kinda true on the other side. It creates a sort of positive feedback loop between the identities opposing each other, and we're now seeing what that leads to. People can't go to a ****ing restaurant without being shouted down.

What people on both sides can do to stop the identitarians on both sides from ****ing up the great enlightenment experiment we had: Left: Stop calling EVERYONE who disagrees with you "literal hitler", stop thinking that your brand of identitarian oppression is any more moral than white supremacy. It's not. It's THE SAME ****ING THING!

To the right: Acknoledge the extent to which the sins of the past have impacted minorities and do what's in your corner of human existence to tamp out the remnants of racial prejudiced. Utterly reject identitarianism from the right. Welcome opposing opinions. Learn from them. It's the dialectic synthases that brings forth workable systems comprised of diverse beliefs and cultures.

This problem of identity is a problem of symmetry, that simple properties of math can help with. IF A = B, THEN B = A. Wrong is wrong. **** wrongness. Stop giving a **** about DNA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fair enough. "Sizable" is subjective. Would you be alright if I said a number far more than we should be comfortable with? And I'll pair it down a bit further, and rather than say "Republicans," I'll say people that identify as conservatives.

What about the number of identitarian left. WAY LOUDER than the right at the moment. I rarely hear right-wing identitiarian nonsense. You can't tune into NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC news for more than 5 minutes without hearing some left wing identitarian nonsense. I can tune into Fox News and for all their criticisms, it's not there. What's there is simply traditional conservationism, which is mistaken by the left as synonymous with racism/sexism.

This also hits part of the deep thots thread I started, where I agreed with Peterson that the left doesn't know how far is too far. They see imagined monsters on the right, and don't see the real ones among their own. Since you never seem to acknowledge the sins of the left, it makes me assume you don't see them either.

Take the nonsense about the handling of the border situation. Literally, the only thing Trump did differently from Obama, and Bush before him; he's arresting everyone who crosses the border illegally. That's it. Because of progressive court rulings, that's resulting in parents and kids being separated. The left is making this out to be literally Naziism, and it's just absurd. But you're right there with them, poking on the inhumanity of enforcing the law, rather than acknowledging the whole truth about it. Maybe that's because you want open borders. I don't know. But the real solution is for congress to pass a law which allows illegal border crossers to be detained with their children, in "humane" conditions.

But the left doesn't want that. They want open borders without having to win that argument in the normal democratic process. So you kinda show your hand by the side you're choosing, and the way you express that choice.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    But the left doesn't want that. They want open borders without having to win that argument in the normal democratic process. So you kinda show your hand by the side you're choosing, and the way you express that choice.

What the left wants on this particular issue, is an issue to lock down the Hispanic vote in November, and I fear they're achieving their goal, despite being total hypocrites about it. Ultimately, you are right; they want open borders, but they're very focused on November right now, and they are disciplined in their tactics. I wish conservatives could be this disciplined and effective, but alas, it's not to be.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interestingly, BLM and the likes who become violent and destroy personal property in the name of justice get a free pass.

At what point is CLM (conservative lives matter) ablate do the same without prosecution like BLM?

Never. Because only white people can be racist.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What the left wants on this particular issue, is an issue to lock down the Hispanic vote in November, and I fear they're achieving their goal, despite being total hypocrites about it. Ultimately, you are right; they want open borders, but they're very focused on November right now, and they are disciplined in their tactics. I wish conservatives could be this disciplined and effective, but alas, it's not to be.

Well, that's the interpretation that seems evident from one side of it, and that may be it. But if it is, it's an issue where a few people have formed that as a strategy, and they bring along useful idiots who buy into the sophistry of feigned moral superiority. The majority of people who support open borders actually believes in that as a moral standard. Unconstrained propensity towards "openness" makes open borders the logical moral conclusion.

So they're disciplined because they generally believe in it. But I'm not going to rule out that there are people within the Democratic leadership which are counting on a demographics change that puts them perpetually in charge, and subverts the democratic process.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump aides urged to get a gun

Not sure I've seen such divisive and violent rhetoric, politically, in my lifetime.

This is it. It's happening. We need a Civil War II thread pronto... because this man is coming for you... and he's armed... with...

Uh...

Well this is embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/andrewjgregor/status/1011368256999907329

Some "RESISTANCE" dude said:
    I practiced #civility and they rolled back wildlife protections.
    I was civil and they cut taxes for the rich
    I was civil and they auctioned off public lands to oil companies.
    I was civil and they put babies in cages.

I'm done being civil. I'm coming with pliers and a blowtorch.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Summer just started. The left is scared, they have no agenda except one - destroy the opposition at any cost.

Keep poking someone in the chest and you may awaken a giant.

To some on this board that is a call to arms, to initiate violent responses. For the record, I do not support violence protests or responses to differing opinions / ideologies. I do support standing up for ones self. Sort of like BLM but for a real reason this time; legitimate reasons.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Summer just started. The left is scared, they have no agenda except one - destroy the opposition at any cost.

Keep poking someone in the chest and you may awaken a giant.

To some on this board that call to arms, to initiate violent responses. For the record, I do not support violence protests or responses to differing opinions / ideologies. I do support standing up for ones self. Sort of like BLM but for a real reason this time.

It does seem to be, at least vocally (on the internet), to be notched up a bit.

No one has anything to fear from their neighbors, strangers on the street, etc. The sort of people screaming about standing up and resisting are just people behind keyboards, hoping to incite the lowlifes and scum to do something.

Ain't gonna happen. Their best bet is to pay a group like BLM/Antifa/Occupy/whatever to take to the streets for a unified protest... that's a much easier way of slipping in and getting real violence to happen.

Right now it's just about talking big. No one cares what they have to say. Even their own are telling people like Maxine to shut the **** up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fair enough. "Sizable" is subjective. Would you be alright if I said a number far more than we should be comfortable with? And I'll pair it down a bit further, and rather than say "Republicans," I'll say people that identify as conservatives.

I suppose one could say any is far more than we should be comfortable with, but nevertheless, whatever that number is, is far fewer than the number of radicals on the left who pose a far more realistic threat against liberty for all. The white nationalists don’t run education, they don’t own the mainstream media, nor nearly all social media outlets; they’ve not embedded themselves into the courts in significant numbers, nor congress.

In fact, the DNC actually did America and democracy a favor by putting up the most unelectable person to run against Trump. Not that I wanted an authoritarian right-winger to run the country, but he seems not to have the mandate for his authoritarian bull**** like Sanders would have, the shriveled up old racist, communist **********.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I suppose one could say any is far more than we should be comfortable with, but nevertheless, whatever that number is, is far fewer than the number of radicals on the left who pose a far more realistic threat against liberty for all. The white nationalists don’t run education, they don’t own the mainstream media, nor nearly all social media outlets; they’ve not embedded themselves into the courts in significant numbers, nor congress.

In fact, the DNC actually did America and democracy a favor by putting up the most unelectable person to run against Trump. Not that I wanted an authoritarian right-winger to run the country, but he seems not to have the mandate for his authoritarian bull**** like Sanders would have, the shriveled up old racist, communist **********.

I'm not saying that they do, but how could you possibly know this? It's not like that people who held such opinions would make them known publicly. And again, I'm NOT saying they this is the case.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm not saying that they do, but how could you possibly know this? It's not like that people who held such opinions would make them known publicly. And again, I'm NOT saying they this is the case.
    Well, those on the other side of the coin do, publicly and proudly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom