• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    i dont really count this situation, cause i think the op is blowing it way out of purportion. ie, is lying. i have carried their hundreds of times and have never been asked if my weapon was loaded.
    just some one who wanted attention from the interwebz.

no im not. changing details of a story, even small deatails is lying. shooter confirmed a missunderstanding took place, and that two people said it did not happen quite the way wolfman said. that is lying to get attention in my opinion. just another hater.

I am not taking it personally, i am calling it like i see it. if i think someone is telling a lie, then i will call them out on it. he says i am name calling. i did not. I GUESS FLINGING THE "HATER" TAG AROUND DOESN'T COUNT THEN RIGHT? i said he was lying, i never called him a liar. SO HOW ARE THESE TWO THINGS DIFFERENT? so i guess he lied again. no he is not the only person that has issues with that store. im sure their are a lot of people who do not like that store just because of their success, OR MAYBE BECAUSE WE FEEL LIKE WE ARE BEING STALKED WHILE WE SHOP or strong customer support. KIND OF LIKE WHEN SOMEONE ASKS A QUESTION OF THEM IN AN OPEN FORUM AND THEY IGNORE IT JUST TO GO ON TO ANSWER OTHERS INSTEAD These type of people will look for anything to compain about, no matter what. SO PLEASE EXPLAIN JUST WHAT TYPE OF PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. COULD IT BE THOSE TYPE THAT DON'T AGREE WITH YOU 100%? if they did not have the sign, the haters would find something else to jump on the interwebz and cry about. and if you call them on their bs, they try to make it personal with "Im not going to stoop to your level". if my level is telling the truth SO YOU WERE THERE WHEN BOTH OF US HAD OUR ISSUES AND WITNESSED THE ENTIRE THING FROM ALL THREE PERSONS PERSPECTIVES CORRECT?, then you are incapable of stooping to my level.
    one person cries fowl on the internet, and the haters swarm like cockroaches. since not to many people were standing up for a great gun shop, i did, and will continue to do so.

BOLD TO CLARIFY WHAT IS MINE, NOT TO BE TAKEN AS YELLING.
    There is no difference.
    This doesn't count as name calling I guess.

This thread has taken a bad turn. I'm sure it won't be long before it gets renamed, moved and locked in a few days as well. This will probably be my final post in this thread unless it somehow gets back on track.

I truly hope they stop alienating their customers. I did enjoy myself on the "gun shop side", not so much on the other side. The gun shop side does have a great selection and good prices. That's not the hard part, anyone can do that. It's the personal touch, customer service that makes a place stand out. As one of my favorite laughable signs says "90 billion served". I don't doubt the 90 billion, it's just the served part I question.

Some people use their open carry piece as a conversation starter, or to make a political statement, many carry it that way due to easy accessibility and comfort. I have no problem with that, I personally carry concealed and I do it all the time. My gun is on my body from the time I get up in the morning to the time I go to sleep. It's not a fashion statement for me, it's a tool I use to protect myself and my family. To ask me to take it off, render it useless, or some other nonsense is to ask me to put those I love at risk for no reason. It's been proven time and again that you are on your own when it comes to personal protection. I don't expect someone else to defend me, that's why I've trained and carry my own gun.

It's totally unacceptable for me to leave my carry gun where I'm not in direct control of it. Those places that ask this of me will not get my business. Those businesses that actively try to take our rights away from us see no dollars from me either. (Yum Foods, Levis, Sara Lee, BW3, eBay, PayPal, etc.) If you run a business and your only means of taking payment is PayPal then I guess you won't be getting any money from me either. Those that say "just take it back to the car" or "cover it up when you go to BW3" just don't get it.

If you've got 2 gas stations on opposite sides of the road and one of them keeps short changing you every time you go there just because you drive a Ford and they are Chevy folks, why would you continue to do business with these people? It's the same thing with some of these companies. They openly tell you that they don't like guns in their store, some of them are proud of the fact they support the Brady Campaign and post their donations online, and yet so many gun owners STILL go there when there are better choices that don't infringe on our rights, hobbies or way of life.

To be a gun shop that disarms it's customers is a hypocrisy very few can match. You won't see "Gee, we make cars here at our factory but because people can get into a wreck you must walk to work, driving is not allowed for the safety of all. We don't want anyone hurt while in the parking lot." These same gun shops allow us to buy the gun and ammo at the same time and carry them out by ourselves. WalMarx won't even let you do that, but guess what, I can carry whatever way I see fit in WalMarx, open or concealed. I never thought I see the day that I had more gun rights in a WalMarx than in a gun shop.

For me it's pretty simple. You either want me and my dollars in your business or you don't. By posting a sign telling me that I'm not welcome you're made it clear that your business can do just fine with out my money. If I'm treated properly and welcomed to your business then I will be a return customer and I will bring family and friends to your business as well. From the few shops I frequent this year alone I've bought 2 Glock 19's, 1 Glock 26, 1 Glock 21SF, 3 S&W 642, 1 S&W 625JM, 2 S&W 15-22s, 1 Colt 6920, 2 SA XDs, 1 M&P 9mm, 2 M&P 22LR, 1 Ruger GP100WC, and one dealer took delivery of 2 complete Bravo AR-15s. With each purchase I bought ammo if if was avaliable and each time I went at least one other person came with me as well. On several occasions the other person bought a firearm of their own too. With the amount of time, travel and money I've spent this year if your (any) shop wants to alienate me as a customer then I won't hesitate to go somewhere else.

Take this posting and my rant as you will. If my dollars and I are not welcome in these shops then there are plenty of others that we are.

OBTL

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    In no particular order (or with commentary on pricing, endorsement, etc) the following are stores I know first hand allow carry. They are either sign-less or "must remain holstered" signed.

Greenwood:
    US Defense Solutions
    Elmore's
    The Outdoorsman

Indianapolis:
    Indy Trading Post
    Beech Grove Firearms

Austin:
    256 Sport & Garden

Jeffersonville:
    Orion Arms (formerly Kiesler's)

Perhaps if there's enough interest a list could be compiled and a sticky made.

Kokomo: Bullseye doesn't have a sign. Great people to work with also.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Now for the original topic. The signs that say no loaded firearms. It is for the hundreds of threads on here and else ware of people crying about being swept in a gun store. You were there five minutes and got swept. How many times do think the employees get swept in a day?

By holstered firearms? I'm going to guess none.

...A gun store asking for you not to carry a loaded firearm is not a horrible request.

Not horrible, no, but as with any other place that requested such, I would decline their request.

If you must keep it loaded then keep it in the holster

Gladly. That would be a perfectly reasonable request. :yesway:

...and keep it concealed and then no one will know and we wont need threads like this one.

Sorry, you went and made it ridiculous again. :rolleyes: Not gonna happen.

...through superior firepower! :ar15:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You got me. I callednhim a hater. For that insult I do apologize. Lying and being a liar is not the same thing but in this case it has nothing to do with the subject. I have spoken with shooter many times and if he says the story he has heard is different then I am taking his word for it. The person he talked to has also given me no reason to think that he is not honest either. So this just leaves the op. I do not know of him at all. And as such I do not believe he is giving us the whole truth.

Now for the original topic. The signs that say no loaded firearms. It is for the hundreds of threads on here and else ware of people crying about being swept in a gun store. You were there five minutes and got swept. How many times do think the employees get swept in a day?
    The op was about why don't we treat gun stores like starbucks and boycott or something like that. Its not the same. How many times where you in starbucks drinking your coffee when you relized the guy next to you was accidently pointing a gun at you? I hope not many. So if a coffee shop says no guns then yes we should boycott them. A gun store asking for you not to carry a loaded firearm is not a horrible request. If you must keep it loaded then keep it in the holster and keep it concealed and then no one will know and we wont need threads like this one.
    Peace.

I've been swept many times in gun shops. I don't really like it and if it's to the point of being dangerous then I will point it out to whoever is doing it. No I don't make a scene about all the muzzles of the guns laying on the shelves pointing out into the shop. If some jackwagon pulls his gun out of his holster/pocket/case/purse and starts fanning it around then I absolutely will say something. The guy in line in front of me with his gun in a holster buying coffee doesn't bother me either, now as soon as he starts coonfingering it while in line then he will get a talking to as well, assuming it's just "innocent coonfingering" and he isn't getting ready to rob the place. That requires a different response, one I can't give if I left my gun in the car because of a sign.

Open carry or concealed it doesn't matter if the gun is left in the holster and not screwed with. So when a penguin and an old Chinese guy walk into bar, both of us should have the same right to walk around and shop no matter if the leather is worn on the inside or outside. That's pretty much all we're asking. If a particular business, gun shop or otherwise, tells us that they don't want us in there because we carry then we shouldn't support them. The only difference between Starbucks (who isn't in the business of selling guns) and your local gun shop is the level of hypocrisy when they ask you not to carry there. I can buy a coffee and drink it there but I can't buy a gun and put it on my hip while I'm still in the store?

I hold my gun shops to a higher level when it comes to this issue than other places. I agree that if Starbucks wants to keep their current policy in place then they deserve a boycott, but their job is selling coffee not guns. I did enjoy some of their drinks, mainly the frozen vanilla bean thing in a LARGE vs whatever the want to call it. Sadly to say I'll never have one again, yes even if someone else buys it for me I won't drink it. It's the principle of the thing, not the money. I take it as a higher level of 'betrayal', for lack of a better word, when a gun shop does the same thing. In addition to running their business to make money it's nice when the owners & workers are actually firearm enthusiasts as well. If all the gun shops ran for pure profit over actually enjoying what they were doing then all we'd have are a bunch of Don's Guns all over the place.

Think about it like this. If you loan a guy at work $20 and he says he'll pay it back the next day. You go in to work and find out he quit and you run out of gas on the way home because of it. You'd be pi$$ed right? Now think if your close brother out of the blue did the same thing and showed no remorse whatever about it. Bet you'd feel worse. That's the difference between when a coffee house does this vs when a gun shop does the same thing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    By holstered firearms? I'm going to guess none.

Maybe with a horizontal shoulder holster?

Anyways...

If this thread keeps telling me how dangerous it is to allow loaded but holstered weapons (especially if they are visible, which makes them more dangerous I'm learning) I think the only logical solution is to make gun stores gun free zones legislatively. That way we wouldn't have to feel unsafe in those stupid gun stores that allow holstered guns, those stores that pick and choose when to enforce their rules, and the people who callously disregard everyone else's safety by believing it doesn't apply to them and carry anyway. If that works and no one is shot in a gun store for the first year, we can build on that success and expand it to other businesses. With the support of the INGO community, we can save all employees and customers of any public business from the horrors of holstered weapons.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Maybe with a horizontal shoulder holster?

Anyways...

If this thread keeps telling me how dangerous it is to allow loaded but holstered weapons (especially if they are visible, which makes them more dangerous I'm learning) I think the only logical solution is to make gun stores gun free zones legislatively. That way we wouldn't have to feel unsafe in those stupid gun stores that allow holstered guns, those stores that pick and choose when to enforce their rules, and the people who callously disregard everyone else's safety by believing it doesn't apply to them and carry anyway. If that works and no one is shot in a gun store for the first year, we can build on that success and expand it to other businesses. With the support of the INGO community, we can save all employees and customers of any public business from the horrors of holstered weapons.

The purple is strong with this one...

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I am not taking it personally, i am calling it like i see it. if i think someone is telling a lie, then i will call them out on it. he says i am name calling. i did not. i said he was lying, i never called him a liar. so i guess he lied again. no he is not the only person that has issues with that store. im sure their are a lot of people who do not like that store just because of their success, or strong customer support. These type of people will look for anything to compain about, no matter what. if they did not have the sign, the haters would find something else to jump on the interwebz and cry about. and if you call them on their bs, they try to make it personal with "Im not going to stoop to your level". if my level is telling the truth, then you are incapable of stooping to my level.
    one person cries fowl on the internet, and the haters swarm like cockroaches. since not to many people were standing up for a great gun shop, i did, and will continue to do so.

A distinction without a difference. By definition to be a liar one must lie and if one lies and especially maintains the lie then one is a liar. EXACLTY what do you see as the difference?

And just for posterity's sake, WTF is an interwebz? Even spell check doesn't know. :dunno:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    By BehindBlueI's "and the people who callously disregard everyone else's safety by believing it doesn't apply to them and carry anyway." My concealed carry disregards others safety? Nonsense. A store 'policy' carries no weight of law and my 'right' does carry more weight than said 'policy' as it does with any business I go to. I must CC very well as not once have I been asked to leave any business. Neither is my CC callous in any way, but carefully thought through with the responsibilities of that decision. It was exactly the same thing when I was working, the company allowed no guns on property (even locked in my car and the law has since fixed that) and I did anyway. Again, this was company policy not the law and the responsibility was mine being carefully thought out.My way is the safest, instead of taking a loaded gun out of a good holster and putting it in my car and then to pick it up again and reholster, whether it is once or several times in a given day.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Both Bare Arms and His an Hers Target Sports do not allow loaded firearms per the sign. From the other posts in here, Ron and Mary Ann Cooper and their store are well liked. I made two purchases from them. Great place. Thinking about a third. I think the only other gun shop in Hamilton County is the one in Fishers, Never been there.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have not been in Bradis for about a year now...My brother was looking very casually at holsters and was talking to another friend who was really looking to buy a holster.Looking at a particular holster he wondered out loud to his friend whether or not his Kahr would fit in it. The clerk suggested he bring the pistol in to see,whereupon Dave stated that he was not really ready to buy,and did not want to go to the truck and unload the firearm that was in his ankle holster...Clerk demanded that he leave immediately and return without a loaded weapon.This was in Bradis II. We have spent a lot of money in Bradis through the years...

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I have not been in Bradis for about a year now...My brother was looking very casually at holsters and was talking to another friend who was really looking to buy a holster.Looking at a particular holster he wondered out loud to his friend whether or not his Kahr would fit in it. The clerk suggested he bring the pistol in to see,whereupon Dave stated that he was not really ready to buy,and did not want to go to the truck and unload the firearm that was in his ankle holster...Clerk demanded that he leave immediately and return without a loaded weapon.This was in Bradis II. We have spent a lot of money in Bradis through the years...

Careful traderdan, :poop: may hit the fan when richardraw316 sees your post :flamethrower:

:popcorn:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Liar :)

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    :rockwoot: I WIN everybody. did you hear? He let me win.:rockwoot: wow, i dont know what to say. what is the reward? cash, maybe some cool swag? o i know what i win. The ability to continue to shop at one of the best and friendliest gun shops in indiana.
    good game, better luck next time.
    o and can you make up some cool stories about ITP next time. i hear that shop is becoming popular, and thus it must be next in your line of targets.
    Thanks again for the win.

First, I cannot take anybody who actually uses the term "swag" or "hater" seriously in what is suppose to be an intelligent conversation.

Second, by insinuating that the member will go to ITP to "make up cool stories" is inherently calling him a lier. You have contradicted yourself.

I am a regular at this shop, I have spent a few thousand there, but I will say, some of the employees do seem to have a stick up their @$$ every time I go in there. I have never been asked if my carry is loaded other than one time I pulled my UNLOADED weapon out of its holster and left the action open as it was handed between me and the employee. I do not agree with the sign on the door, and if I am ever asked to leave and unload my carry when it stays in its holster untouched the whole time, I will not be making any more stops to this establishment. Until that time, I will continue to frequent and buy.

I think I know who wolf ran into in the establishments offshoot and it does not surprise me he would have been treated that way. I kinda got the same until I bought some stuff (it seemed like)

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    no need to worry. i have went back and deleted my post.
    i think this whole thing has gotten out of hand.
    i will contiue to unload my firearm when i go into the shop. if you do not like my choice, i do not care. if you do not like the rules, dont shop there.
    I am done with this thread. have a nice day.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...i will contiue to unload my firearm when i go into the shop. if you do not like my choice, i do not care...

That just sounds like an awful lot of gun handling in the parking lot. I'm assuming you unholster again to reload it when you exit the shop, right?

Top Bottom