• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not sure of the relevance to the original thread..but I like what Starbucks was, plain and simple, what the local law allows..

I guess my point was just that if we give some gun shops a pass due to their sketchy location, where does that lead? Do all other stores get a free pass (free pass just meaning you wouldn't object) to not allow guns in their establishment because they are in a bad neighborhood? Wouldn't you still object to their policy? Wouldn't you want to be armed even more when going to a shop that is in a questionable area?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If I feel like OC into a gun shop I just do it. I've never been turned away either. I just leave the gun holstered. If you're there to try out holsters or other accessories bring that gun into the shop in a case and carry your BUG.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It is kind of a reflection on the neighborhood I think. Good neighborhood, no worries! Shady neighborhood,remove your shades and leave your weapon outside. I have to say, based on where some are located, I understand why some would not want a person walking in carrying.
    Interesting! I wonder if there's a way to break down the "crime" to "sign" ratio of each area!

Anyone have any others to add to the list?
    Tomlinson's Shooting Supplies in Churubusco. No sign. And free candy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

JetGirl's work van:

free-candy-van.jpg

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Lock because it is a touchy issue that might result in a some debate? Don't see any reason for that so long as the discussion stays within the bounds of INGO rules. I think we are sometimes a little quick to halt discussiosn/debates on INGO. Also, last line of OP applies here.

Often members with under 50 or over 10,000 are just here for the post count.

I've heard shops say people were unholstering with loaded handguns and for "insurance purposes." However, someone was kicked out of Bradis (not sure which) recently for carrying.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Interesting! I wonder if there's a way to break down the "crime" to "sign" ratio of each area!

FREE CANDY!!! Guess my next visit Im coming for candy alone!.

Also sniper co. and ZX are fine with carry. Freedom I don't know...not my kind of place. Not to sure about wrigleys either.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Don't ask, don't tell. Though this doesn't apply to OC I guess. Though I am not a particular fan of GM or Dicks, they do plainly state at their entrances that legally carrying citizens are welcome. Can't say that for all the LGS's I've visited. But, I will say that I have never been asked to leave a store with a "no loaded weapons" sign either.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I will carry into a store that has a no loaded guns sign.

So long as they do not try to enforce it upon my holstered gun, I just assume it is for other circumstances such as bringing in a gun for service or sale.

If they do want to enforce it upon holstered guns, I'd either get the issue resolved to my satisfaction or cross that store off my list.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Won't shop at a gun store that won't let me carry a gun. Stupidest thing I ever heard ofand completely agree that it its hypocritical. Luckily none of the shops around me have this policy as far as I have seen. Top guns in terre haute have a really great sign by the way. Too long to post here but it makes me want to shop there.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I believe what most of them are concerned about are the uneducated gun owner who brings in a firearm to trade or sell and then forget the rules of gun safety. And the firearm in question is presented to them muzzle first and then when checked it is loaded, very unsafe. Seem like I remember a few stories like that from shop owners in threads like this. Hence the warning signs but I always have my EDC on me when I go in anyway just like I do when I go to the theater or any other place except courthouses which I rarely have to visit.

Top Bottom