• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've never even heard of "Zoom" before. I install as few apps on my phones and devices as possible and for "critical" apps, I have a separate phone with no sim and it never leaves the house.

If you keep tossing perfect passes to these guys, don't be surprised when they keep dunking on you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't Zoom or Facetime or anything else. I keep my phone as clutter-free as possible. I did download a Samsung app allegedly so I could use it to set up my new tv. Well, the app didn't work. It couldn't tell me why, and directed me to just use the remote to set it up. Reckon I can delete that app now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Yesss. Developed using Facebook developer tools, the app notifies Facebook when the user opens the app, details on the user's device such as the model, the time zone and city they are connecting from, which phone carrier they are using, and a unique advertiser identifier created by the user's device which companies can use to target a user with advertisements

And it does this even if you do not have a Facebook account at all or any Facebook app on the phone

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would be shocked to hear that their practices are much different than their competitors (Meet, Teams, Bluejeans, etc...)
    The big ones will be different than that. Cisco and Microsoft won't be feeding data to anyone.

GFGT had it right though when it comes to "free" apps.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Elon Musk went on Joe Rogan again. Lot of tech talk, things he's working on, more details on his neuro implants

[video=youtube;RcYjXbSJBN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcYjXbSJBN8[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm still rocking my 4+ year old MSI 990FXA MB with 32 meg of ram with a 8 core AMD FX 8350 chip, 1TB SSD and a Nvidia 9600 OC/5meg DDR5 ram.
    I plan updating by adding a PCI Express NVI M.2 adapter card and dropping a 2TB SSD chipset on it to make it my new boot drive

Well the best laid plans of mice and men are always screwed up by someone.

My plan on adding a NVI M2 PCI-e adapter card is now a mute point

After several back and forth messages to MSI as to whether my 990FXA gaming mother board will support it as a boot device, I got a "NO, but it can be used as a extra storage device." So I'm now looking at just getting a new Samsung 2TB SSD, or just updating to the latest and greatest hardware. Or I just might ride this puppy till it dies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good, but also a misleading headline. Can't look at it well after the arrest. They can if they arrest you and do it either then or shortly thereafter.

they have always had that "power" as it's similar to parting you down while you get arrested. Just password lock your phone and problem solved. Or better yet avoid the JBT at all cost. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    EbxgT-DXQAYBS2B

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Looking forward to my UPS delivery today.

Bought a new Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD from Newegg for 119.00.

Going to clone it and make it my new boot drive and move my 5 year old Patriot Burst 1TB boot drive over as a backup/storage drive. Backups will be so much faster now. Zoom Zoom

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Bought a new Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD from Newegg for 119.00.

Going to clone it and make it my new boot drive and move my 5 year old Patriot Burst 1TB boot drive over as a backup/storage drive. Backups will be so much faster now. Zoom Zoom
    Nice find, 1tb SSDs seem to be the sweet spot for $/capactity right now. I grabbed a 512 GB no name for a non-critical project for less than $50 over the weekend.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Well my install of the new SSD went sideways until today. 5 days ago when I got my new SSD I went to open up my old box that my tower came in to retrieve my modular power cables because I have a Cosair CX850M 850 watt
    modular power supply. ( I had Fye's assemble it for me, did'nt have the time to) Pulled out the extra 2.5 to 3.5 adapter and all the original part boxes and lo and behold, it seems that they forgot to put extra power cables back in the box.

So I contact Cosair through the customer support numer, informed them of my dilemma and inquired about purchasing new ones because their web site was not listing what generation my PS was. He tells me problem, but no problem.

"We don't have them in stock for your power supply on the website. But I can fix that for you. Asks for my email, & tells me he'll send me a email. I get a email 5 minutes later explaing that he's going to get replacement cables sent to me from Hong Kong, fill out the RMA info, ignore the request to ship back. I fill out the info, email back. 10 minutes later I get a email back from him stating all is good and will get them as soon as it can be shipped to me.

So I'm saying in my head Cool Beans, Sunday I get a FedEX priority International tracking number that stating Tuesday AM delivery. So in a span of 5 days, they process a free cable shipment from their California location to
    be shipped from Hon Kong to my house. Cosair has a customer for LIFE, on any future computer builds of mine or recommendations of a power supply. Customer care like that is a lost thing, and if they are willing to do that for a computer built 4 years ago where the retailer forgot to put the cables back in after building it, imagine how fast they'll act to replace a faulty power supply that fails.

:+1:

Time to get busy, I got a drive to clone and make it my new boot/win10 drive. I got so many options to consider with my old SSD.

Top Bottom