• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wolfenstein 2 doesn't have multiplayer because it would 'dilute' the storytelling

Good for them. The era of quality single-player games is on its way out... everything being infected with micro-transactions.

Valve isn't doing Half-Life 3. EA killed another company and the single-player Star Wars game that went along with it. Bethesda pushing more and more for paid mods. Even Shadow of Mordor, a single-player game, has micro-transactions.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wolfenstein 2 doesn't have multiplayer because it would 'dilute' the storytelling

Good for them. The era of quality single-player games is on its way out... everything being infected with micro-transactions.

Valve isn't doing Half-Life 3. EA killed another company and the single-player Star Wars game that went along with it. Bethesda pushing more and more for paid mods. Even Shadow of Mordor, a single-player game, has micro-transactions.
    I hope GTA stays roughly the same - a strong single player game with a separate multi-player component that has some pay-to-play element.

There's nothing you can't get by grinding, but you really have to grind to get everything. Kinda like real life. And there's a huge amount of millennials complaining about it and wanting everything for free; also like life.

The game is four years old and they're still adding new content, about every quarter, and it doesn't cost me anything.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I've never posted in this thread before (but I haven't spent much time on the forum in a long time either).

I am a game collector and play anything whenever I get time. I have in recent months finally started playing games a lot more again but we bought a house and had a baby almost two years ago so gaming ended up on the back burner for a while.

Systems I own include NES, SNES, N64, GameCube w/GB Player, Wii, Wii U, Switch, GameBoy, GB Color, GB Advance, DS, 3DS, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One S, Sega Game Gear, Genesis, PS1, PS2, PSP, NES Classic, Atari Flashback 4, SupaBoy, a gaming PC I built in early 2014, a bartop arcade I built, and a Space Invaders cocktail table arcade.

I kind of rotate games I play. For a while I was on an N64 kick and played through several games I beat as a child. I got BF1 and played the campaign and then I tried playing WoW again for a few months and Legion was fun at first but got super repetitive and my friends who started when I did all quit before me so I quit too. Then earlier this year I was playing Breath of the Wild on Wii U a bunch but then I got a Switch and started the game over on that and I have spent roughly 210 hours between the two playing the game and would occasionally play BF1 on PC with my friend here and there. I have taken a break from Zelda the past week and decided I wanted to get back into Halo so I've been playing Halo 5 for a week. I haven't played Halo 5 any since it came out and after beating the Halo 4 campaign and barely touching the multiplayer I quit playing Halo altogether.

The only bad thing about collecting is you tend to neglect either old or new games; neglecting new games isn't always bad since people are so quick to pre-order games that turn out to be trash but as you neglect purchasing old games their prices may go up for whatever reason. I have too many hobbies and so buying games all the time can suck up money quick so I usually make sure what I'm buying is actually good. I have even been considering selling a gun or two I don't use but I haven't decided if I want to funnel that money into my game collection or not.

Most of my friends play on Xbox so I'm looking at picking up a few games for it I haven't played such as Gears 4, Halo Wars 2, Overwatch, and possibly the upcoming CoD title if it doesn't suck.

Last edited:

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Been playing Assassin's Creed Origins. It's has a lite rpg feel to it with skill leveling and weapon upgrading. The developers did a great job with Egypt the game looks beautiful.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Assassin's Creed Origins is being panned for having DRM stacked upon DRM, causing poor performance. The cause is a poorly implemented DRM of "VMProtect", which is eating up CPU far more than any game should.

Typical Ubisoft.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I hope GTA stays roughly the same - a strong single player game with a separate multi-player component that has some pay-to-play element.

There's nothing you can't get by grinding, but you really have to grind to get everything. Kinda like real life. And there's a huge amount of millennials complaining about it and wanting everything for free; also like life.

The game is four years old and they're still adding new content, about every quarter, and it doesn't cost me anything.

My son will disappear into GTA with his friends and come out talking about the $5 million they racked up and used to buy the latest added upgrade/item/bunker. Other than some Christmas xbox money he got, he hasn't dropped a dime on the game.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had $5 mil once... then I bought a hangar, and a plane, and upgrades... :(

Someone must be spending real money because my stock account is happy with Take 2 (GTA publisher) - it's double where it was in January. :)

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    Anyone pick up CoD WWII yet? I'd hate to spend the money to find out it sucks like the last few CoD games but if it's as fun as Battlefield 1 I may be sold.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I will eventually get it through Gamefly. I refuse to ever buy another one of their games since they did away with custom maps and ability to mod.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/27/overwatch-esports-viewing-improvements/

Overwatch is making changes to the structure of the game to accommodate TV viewing. That's actually kinda cool. Further blurring the lines between "advanced metrics" type stuff on live sports broadcasts and the virtual world.

Also adding national team skins for World Cup play.

Amazing world we live in.

Now the whole world can enjoy the Hare Hare Yukai dance.

387.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Big stuff at Blizzcon so far. New World of Warcraft expansion "Battle for Azeroth"... and they announced World of Warcraft Classic to re-play the vanilla experience.

Overwatch has a new animation out for Reinhardt, a new map, and a new healer hero "Moira"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you enjoy deep technical explanations, Retro Game Mechanics Explained details the Pac-Man Kill Screen

[video=youtube;NKKfW8X9uYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKKfW8X9uYk[/video]

Top Bottom