• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    And those that don't drive? Are home bound? Travelling? Overseas? At college?

I will say that Indiana makes it darn convenient to vote in person early, but there are still situations that necessitate absentee ballots.

The irony is that at one point the GOP was a way ahead of the democrats when it came to mail in voting. Then Trump came up with some bogus claims and suddenly we all hate mail in voting.

I keep hearing that we need to embrace the same dirty tricks, so if the dems are exploiting mail in voting, then maybe we should too.
    Make arrangements. We know when the election happens well in advance. I doubt it was convenient saddling up the horse or hitching the buggy. Maybe we need to get back to good ol pencil and paper because we knew election results that night before technology got mixed into it.

Makes no sense sending a hand written letter across the us can take a week sending an email takes under 1 minute yet technological advances have actually slowed the process….

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I will say that Indiana makes it darn convenient to vote in person early, but there are still situations that necessitate absentee ballots.

The irony is that at one point the GOP was a way ahead of the democrats when it came to mail in voting. Then Trump came up with some bogus claims and suddenly we all hate mail in voting.

I keep hearing that we need to embrace the same dirty tricks, so if the dems are exploiting mail in voting, then maybe we should too.

There is a huge difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I will say it clear. We live in a constitutional republic, the constitution spells out election day. If one wants to vote, then they should be available to vote on that day. If it is not important enough to make oneself available to vote that day it is not that important to that individual.

The republic will survive if one does not vote every election.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Let me repeat what I said, mail in ballots are absolute garbage and should be stopped. There is no longer an emergency so there is no reason aside from fraud to continue using them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Then make plans and figure it out, or don't vote. I can tell you what day the election will be on 35 years from now. Be an adult and make plans to show up, or don't.

The integrity of our elections is vastly more important than your fear of leaving the house, or your burning need to go on vacation.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Make arrangements. We know when the election happens well in advance. I doubt it was convenient saddling up the horse or hitching the buggy. Maybe we need to get back to good ol pencil and paper because we knew election results that night before technology got mixed into it.

Makes no sense sending a hand written letter across the us can take a week sending an email takes under 1 minute yet technological advances have actually slowed the process….
    Tell me again how you walked up hill both ways to get to school...

Personally, I don't think that a person should be granted a mail in ballot just because the p they want one, but a valid reason should be required (e.g. the reasons I listed).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Then make plans and figure it out, or don't vote. I can tell you what day the election will be on 35 years from now. Be an adult and make plans to show up, or don't.

The integrity of our elections is vastly more important than your fear of leaving the house, or your burning need to go on vacation.
    Or work, or school, or surgery, or ...

I honestly can't remember when I actually voted on election day. (And yes, I've voted in every election and primary).

Given how easy it is to vote early, I think mail in voting should be restricted in Indiana, but not eliminated.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Tell me again how you walked up hill both ways to get to school...

Personally, I don't think that a person should be granted a mail in ballot just because the p they want one, but a valid reason should be required (e.g. the reasons I listed).
    Could you give me an example of how technology has improved our voting system??? And as it was stated absentee ballots are different than mail in absentee are requested under special circumstances.

And another thing I am not claiming THAT I had it hard at all what I was pointing out is the sacrifice and dedication to the election process and the importance seen by our forefathers that they would endure and manage to vote even with the obvious “inconveniences” and hardships. Meanwhile for some it isn’t important enough to get off the couch.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will say it clear. We live in a constitutional republic, the constitution spells out election day. If one wants to vote, then they should be available to vote on that day. If it is not important enough to make oneself available to vote that day it is not that important to that individual.

The republic will survive if one does not vote every election.
    And the republic will survive if I vote in late October.

If it's so important that I vote on that specific day, then make it a national holiday, or make the polls be open for 24 hours.

Or let me vote on the internet; it works for Estonia.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And the republic will survive if I vote in late October.

If it's so important that I vote on that specific day, then make it a national holiday, or make the polls be open for 24 hours.

Or let me vote on the internet; it works for Estonia.
    Bottom line is it just is not that important to make it in a 12 hour day…

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Your government unconstitutionally spies on your communications.
    Your government secretly colluded with big tech to censor people and opinions they didn't approve of.
    Your government developed a fake vaccine, hid the damaging trial data, and tried to force you to be injected with it against your will.
    Your government meets out "justice" based on who committed the crimes. If there were no crimes they manufacture them if they need to take someone down a notch or ten.
    Your government manipulates foreign elections and installs puppet governments that will do their bidding.
    Your government colludes with\uses the press to ply the public with half truths and outright lies to manipulate public opinion.
    Your government selectively enforces laws based on how those in power will benefit.
    Your government uses central banks to tax\confiscate your wealth via inflation, all without levying said taxes through Congress as stipulated in the constitution.

These are just a handful of the indisputable, verifiable, gross abuses of power that your goverment has engaged in, in direct contravention of the constitution and duly enacted laws of the land.

Why do some find it so hard to fathom that a government so inclined to such abuses would not stoop to domestic election manipulation or outright interference if failing to do so would risk their deeds being dragged under the harsh light of transparency by a set a "misaligned" candidates?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Or work, or school, or surgery, or ...

I honestly can't remember when I actually voted on election day. (And yes, I've voted in every election and primary).

Given how easy it is to vote early, I think mail in voting should be restricted in Indiana, but not eliminated.
    Early voting in person is secure. Mail is not.

We provide more than enough time and notice to make arrangements. The republic is not served by pulling votes out of people like teeth.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Early voting in person is secure. Mail is not.

We provide more than enough time and notice to make arrangements. The republic is not served by pulling votes out of people like teeth.
    This leaves out the issue of changes on the ground after an early vote. In AZ, the libertarian collected votes that could affect the senate race, then quit the race. Those votes should be for an actual candidate. All manor of things can happen after an early vote. An early vote shortens the campaign season for the voter and important relevant information may not be included in the decision process…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This leaves out the issue of changes on the ground after an early vote. In AZ, the libertarian collected votes that could affect the senate race, then quit the race. Those votes should be for an actual candidate. All manor of things can happen after an early vote. An early vote shortens the campaign season for the voter and important relevant information may not be included in the decision process…
    One reason I am somewhat coming around on the concept of ranked choice.

Top Bottom