• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    There is no specific election day listed in the constitution.

"Americans first began the custom of weekday voting in 1845, when Congress passed a federal law designating the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November as Election Day.

Before then, states were allowed to hold elections any time they pleased within a 34-day period before the first Wednesday in December, but this system had a few crucial flaws. Knowing the early voting results could affect turnout and sway opinion in states that held late elections, and those same last-minute voters could potentially decide the outcome of the entire election. Faced with these issues, Congress created the current Election Day in the hope of streamlining the voting process".
    It is still codified to be one specific day.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There is no specific election day listed in the constitution.

"Americans first began the custom of weekday voting in 1845, when Congress passed a federal law designating the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November as Election Day.

Before then, states were allowed to hold elections any time they pleased within a 34-day period before the first Wednesday in December, but this system had a few crucial flaws. Knowing the early voting results could affect turnout and sway opinion in states that held late elections, and those same last-minute voters could potentially decide the outcome of the entire election. Faced with these issues, Congress created the current Election Day in the hope of streamlining the voting process".
    It is “the day”. To me that is clear?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Yes, it is, in article II, “the day” and “which day”…

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.
    I was actually referring to 3 USC 21(1), but that works too:
    1) “election day” means the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A false dichotomy.

Please explain to me how there is an compromise in election integrity if I use the same machines, with the same poll works, but I do it on November 1st?
    It eliminates some ways that poll workers can cheat. It’s my understanding that early voting isn’t technically legal now. It’s in-person absentee voting where the state has decided not to enforce the “cause” requirement for absentee voting.

I have availed myself of early absentee in person voting myself. It is convenient. Now I’m of the mind that election integrity is more important than convenience.

One thing I would support is making election day a federal holiday. If Juneteenth rises to the importance of a federal holiday, which I have no problem with, election day certainly does.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You've made to bold assertions:
    1. Someone has access to count votes early.
    2. Someone can manipulate that count.

Is that conjecture or is it based on facts about the Allen County election systems? If you are aware of such flaws in our system, I would be interested to hear about them. If not, then we can go round and round this tree all day, but I'm not inclined to alter our happy system here in Allen County because of hypotheses.
    Voting should have zero-trust policies in the same vein as zero-trust architecture in the IT world, built into the process. Which means you build in checks and balances and eliminate some practices which cannot be made “zero trust”.

I think it’s possible to make in-person absentee voting zero-trust but I also think it would be very expensive and impractical to do so, since it is offered to any registered voter.

Last edited:

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Voting should have zero-trust policies in the same vein as zero-trust architecture in the IT world, built into the process. Which means you build in checks and balances and eliminate some practices which cannot be made “zero trust”.

I think it’s possible to make in-person absentee voting zero-trust but I also think it would be very expensive and impractical to do so, since it is offered to any registered voter.
    No matter what system is developed there will always be losers that will claim that they were cheated and people who will believe them. There is no legal way to verify how millions of specific individuals voted. That would destroy the secret ballot.

When I was a kid, the neighbor worked for the city. He was told that the city knew how he voted. He and my dad claimed it was true. There will always be a significant number of people who distrust the outcome of any competition.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No matter what system is developed there will always be losers that will claim that they were cheated and people who will believe them. There is no legal way to verify how millions of specific individuals voted. That would destroy the secret ballot.

When I was a kid, the neighbor worked for the city. He was told that the city knew how he voted. He and my dad claimed it was true. There will always be a significant number of people who distrust the outcome of any competition.
    When I say “verify” I’m not saying that we have to have a system that can trace how people voted.

Verify the authenticity of voters. So voter ID should accomplish that. Anyone who has access to ballots (electronic or physical) should be authenticated and authorized. So that kind of thing.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    When I say “verify” I’m not saying that we have to have a system that can trace how people voted.

Verify the authenticity of voters. So voter ID should accomplish that. Anyone who has access to ballots (electronic or physical) should be authenticated and authorized. So that kind of thing.
    I am not disagreeing with your ideas. I am pointing out the faults of people. There was no way in the 1958 in Hammond that the city would know what levers my neighbor pulled, unless the whole precinct voted 100% one way. The politicians just had to plant that thought in his head. Paranoia takes over.

I do support voter ID, but IDs can be faked.
    Even with your good ideas, there will be people who will that claim we do not really know who has access, or who wrote the programs. There will be videos claiming to show misdeeds. Unsubstantiated claims will be believed, because our hero could not possibly lose.

I was once in a group discussing the 1960 Presidential election. I mentioned the votes for Kennedy that seemed to appear overnight in Chicago to change the Illinois outcome. A hardcore Democrat came back with, "what about all those cows that voted Republican downstate".

I am not taking a Pollyanna viewpoint. There can be wrongdoing and it should be investigated.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The guy was a hero this time of year, 22 years ago.

How the mighty have fallen.

The cornerstone of his success in NYC has now been denounced as the worst kind of racism.Sadly, much about cities and civilization has fallen with Rudy. I just see him as a casualty of changing times.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

When a US general election exhibits the same irregularities, statistically, that if observed in a foreign election would cause election monitors to declare that election was not free from manipulation and thus not fair, that US general election was very likely also not free and fair. Without the zero trust modifications under discussion and due to the desire to maintain the secret ballot, preponderance of evidence is the best we will get. It is disingenuous for one party to fight tooth and nail against examining any and all irregularities to a disputed election and then claim that there is no proof

2020 was such an election

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    confused-wait-what.gif
    ERIC has the data and is a dem created organization. Just one part of the voter scam.

“As The Federalist previously reported and communication records have indicated, CEIR enjoys a transactional relationship with ERIC, which sends the voter-roll data it receives from states to CEIR. Upon receiving the data, CEIR “then develops targeted mailing lists and sends them back to the states to use for voter registration outreach.” In other words, CEIR — a highly partisan nonprofit with a history of left-wing activism — is creating lists of potential (and likely Democrat) voters for states to register in the lead-up to major elections.”

Top Bottom