• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, first you have to prove to me that they are counting early.

Then you have to explain why there exist a way for someone to manipulate them.
    I'm not saying they're officially counting them early. I'm saying that the data is available and someone has access to it.

I'd like to know why there exists a way for someone to manipulate them too. That's my point. Early voting gives them the opportunity. It should not.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not saying they're officially counting them early. I'm saying that the data is available and someone has access to it.

I'd like to know why there exists a way for someone to manipulate them too. That's my point. Early voting gives them the opportunity. It should not.
    You've made to bold assertions:
    1. Someone has access to count votes early.
    2. Someone can manipulate that count.

Is that conjecture or is it based on facts about the Allen County election systems? If you are aware of such flaws in our system, I would be interested to hear about them. If not, then we can go round and round this tree all day, but I'm not inclined to alter our happy system here in Allen County because of hypotheses.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    How the mighty have fallen.
    Fallen? Or politically hunted? I'm not a fan of Giuliani(sp?). But questioning an election isn't illegal and awarding a sum greater than a person's ability to earn is egregious, disproportionate to any adjudicated crime. Tell the truth, is $140+ million dollars anywhere near appropriate, proprotional, reasonable or just for "defaming" poll workers?
    If I ***** about poor service at the McCompany's drive-thru, have I defamed every schmuck working the window at every store? If my lifetime earnings at age 70 are $15MM, would a judgment against me for $700MM be reasonable or just? Screw Giuliani. Screw this judgement (that will never be paid in full). Screw lawfare.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, first you have to prove to me that they are counting early.

Then you have to explain why there exist a way for someone to manipulate them.
    From the AI summarizer searching for early vote counting. With sources linked after.

As of October 30, 2022, the University of Florida's U.S. Elections Project had counted 20,437,284 early votes, including 12,455,429 mail-in ballots and 7,981,855 in-person ballots, cast. There have been 56,175,142 total mail ballots requested.2 The level of planned early voting measured in the Oct. 3-20 poll still does not reach what Gallup measured in the 2020 presidential election year, during the coronavirus pandemic and before COVID-19 vaccines were available.1 The large states of Texas, Florida, and California lead among the most early votes cast so far, with more than 2 million in each state.2 Montana, Georgia, and Oregon are seeing the highest early voter turnout, relative to their total number of voting-age citizens as estimated by the U.S. Census. In past elections, California and Texas had turnout below the national level.

So yes, early voting is counted before the general elections and the results are certainly know by some.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    From the AI summarizer searching for early vote counting. With sources linked after.

As of October 30, 2022, the University of Florida's U.S. Elections Project had counted 20,437,284 early votes, including 12,455,429 mail-in ballots and 7,981,855 in-person ballots, cast. There have been 56,175,142 total mail ballots requested.2 The level of planned early voting measured in the Oct. 3-20 poll still does not reach what Gallup measured in the 2020 presidential election year, during the coronavirus pandemic and before COVID-19 vaccines were available.1 The large states of Texas, Florida, and California lead among the most early votes cast so far, with more than 2 million in each state.2 Montana, Georgia, and Oregon are seeing the highest early voter turnout, relative to their total number of voting-age citizens as estimated by the U.S. Census. In past elections, California and Texas had turnout below the national level.

So yes, early voting is counted before the general elections and the results are certainly know by some.
    giphy.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

"They counted early votes" meaning, they counted people voting, not who they voted for.
    Gallop polled people if they voted early, i.e. they asked them, they didn't get that data from the election officials.
    The data on https://rpubs.com/ElectProject/early_vote_2022 allows you to see registered party - which leans Democrat, because Republicans are less likely to vote early... because "reasons".

None of that backs up DoggyDaddy's assertion.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "They counted early votes" meaning, they counted people voting, not who they voted for.
    Gallop polled people if they voted early, i.e. they asked them, they didn't get that data from the election officials.
    The data on https://rpubs.com/ElectProject/early_vote_2022 allows you to see registered party - which leans Democrat, because Republicans are less likely to vote early... because "reasons".

None of that backs up DoggyDaddy's assertion.
    Thirty-eight states and the Virgin Islands permit election officials to begin processing absentee/mail ballots prior to the election.

• Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.

Ten states allow both processing and counting to begin before Election Day:

• Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada and Utah.
    California
    West's Ann. Cal. Elec. Code § 15101
    Twenty-nine days before Election Day.A vote count can be accessed or released at 8 p.m. on Election Day.

Good enough source for you?

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    NO, NO IT'S NOT.

We are not talking about mail in or absentee ballots. We are talking about walking into a polling location, and physically voting in person.

NOT THE SAME THING.

Like these? Or are you talking about something other than screwing up the way the machines tally votes? Are you talking about county totals transferred over the internet to a central location?

In your post I see...

"You've made to bold assertions:
    2. Someone can manipulate that count."

I did not see about in person voting mentioned. If I triggered you sorry.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

An election worker in a western Michigan town has been charged with two felonies after allegedly inserting a flash drive into a computer containing confidential voter registration data during an election in August, local officials said on Wednesday.
    The election worker was seen by a witness at a precinct in Gaines Township inserting a USB drive into the Electronic Poll Book, the computer used to administer the election. The poll book contains voter registration data, including confidential information barred from release under Michigan laws.

Not even close to what we're talking about.

Like these? Or are you talking about something other than screwing up the way the machines tally votes? Are you talking about county totals transferred over the internet to a central location?
    “Our office was made aware this morning that one TSX machine was malfunctioning in the Republican Primary at the Burgess precinct in Lafayette County. We contacted the county. The county dispatched a technician to the precinct and the tablet is being replaced. To our knowledge, only one machine was malfunctioning. Apparently 19 votes were cast prior to the error being detected,” said Anna C. Moak, with the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office.

Sounds like ****ty software, not tampering at all.

EDIT: I do appreciate the effort you're putting in, but...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    An election worker in a western Michigan town has been charged with two felonies after allegedly inserting a flash drive into a computer containing confidential voter registration data during an election in August, local officials said on Wednesday.
    The election worker was seen by a witness at a precinct in Gaines Township inserting a USB drive into the Electronic Poll Book, the computer used to administer the election. The poll book contains voter registration data, including confidential information barred from release under Michigan laws.

Not even close to what we're talking about.

“Our office was made aware this morning that one TSX machine was malfunctioning in the Republican Primary at the Burgess precinct in Lafayette County. We contacted the county. The county dispatched a technician to the precinct and the tablet is being replaced. To our knowledge, only one machine was malfunctioning. Apparently 19 votes were cast prior to the error being detected,” said Anna C. Moak, with the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office.

Sounds like ****ty software, not tampering at all.
    Oh.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You've made to bold assertions:
    2. Someone can manipulate that count.

Is that conjecture or is it based on facts about the Allen County election systems? If you are aware of such flaws in our system, I would be interested to hear about them. If not, then we can go round and round this tree all day, but I'm not inclined to alter our happy system here in Allen County because of hypotheses.
    I don’t care if you find constitutional Election Day convenient or not. If you want to have your vote counted get your *** to the polls on constitutional Election Day. That simple…

Edit: The vote of those that are out of town on election day are far less critical than the integrity of the election and doing it constitutionally…

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Many states are giving lists of who has not voted to @jamil blue hairs that give handy’s to get the votes…
    confused-wait-what.gif

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I don’t care if you find constitutional Election Day convenient or not. If you want to have your vote counted get your *** to the polls on constitutional Election Day. That simple…

Edit: The vote of those that are out of town on election day are far less critical than the integrity of the election and doing it constitutionally…
    There is no specific election day listed in the constitution.

"Americans first began the custom of weekday voting in 1845, when Congress passed a federal law designating the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November as Election Day.

Before then, states were allowed to hold elections any time they pleased within a 34-day period before the first Wednesday in December, but this system had a few crucial flaws. Knowing the early voting results could affect turnout and sway opinion in states that held late elections, and those same last-minute voters could potentially decide the outcome of the entire election. Faced with these issues, Congress created the current Election Day in the hope of streamlining the voting process".

Top Bottom