• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No thanks. You want to guess how much it would cost and how long it would take?

Why should tax payers have to for the bill for all this stolen election hogwash?
    When the election rules say that mailed ballots have to be received by the end of poll hours on Election Day, why are they still counting? In Colorado, why is it the “cured” ballots are from democrats? A lot of Republicans mailed theirs too. Is it just that Democrats flub their ballots? Why do the anomalies favor democrats?

This isn’t proof of stolen elections just like Jussie Smollett’s story about “maga country” in downtown Chicago wasn’t proof that he made it up. But it sure makes the story smell bad.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Get rid of the computer voting machines and tabulators. All of them can be hacked and some are set up to weight votes for whichever side is desired .
    Go back to paper ballots and hand counting.
    Not shenanigan proof but takes a lot more work than a weighted vote/algorithm in the machine.
    JK’s reasoning is flawed but he arrived at the correct place. Paper is not the way to go. My opposition to paper ballots isn’t based on magaphobia like his. Paper can be gamed too. It matters way more who counts the ballots than whether they’re electronic or paper. Easy to do either way for corrupt people.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    When the election rules say that mailed ballots have to be received by the end of poll hours on Election Day, why are they still counting? In Colorado, why is it all the “cured” ballots going to democrats? A lot of Republicans mailed theirs too. Is it just that Democrats flub their ballots? Why do all the anomalies favor democrats?

This isn’t proof of stolen elections just like Jussie Smollett’s story about “maga country” in downtown Chicago wasn’t proof that he made it up. But it sure makes the story smell bad.
    Until the cheaters are stopped, it'll only get worse. But who will stop the cheaters?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Until the cheaters are stopped, it'll only get worse. But who will stop the cheaters?
    I think the establishment are fighting furiously to keep control. Media doesn't want to give up their monopoly on information. Democrats want to keep their gravy train going. Chamber-o-commerce Republicans like Mitch McConnell want to keep their gravy train going. The corporate industrial complex wants to keep its gravy train going. Newly minted players like AOC and Greta and Crenshaw are just discovering new ways to participate in the gravy train for themselves.

MAGA blows that the **** up. So they invent what I call magaphobia to con people into opposing push-back.

#resistance

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I think the establishment are fighting furiously to keep control. Media doesn't want to give up their monopoly on information. Democrats want to keep their gravy train going. Chamber-o-commerce Republicans like Mitch McConnell want to keep their gravy train going. The corporate industrial complex wants to keep its gravy train going. Newly minted players like AOC and Greta and Crenshaw are just discovering new ways to participate in the gravy train for themselves.

MAGA blows that the **** up. So they invent what I call magaphobia to con people into opposing push-back.

#resistance
    "Magaphobia".... I like it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    JK’s reasoning is flawed but he arrived at the correct place. Paper is not the way to go. My opposition to paper ballots isn’t based on magaphobia like his. Paper can be gamed too. It matters way more who counts the ballots than whether they’re electronic or paper. Easy to do either way for corrupt people.
    It's not "magaphobia"; it's just pragmatic.

You simply can't undo technology because you're afraid if it (e.g. banking). Nor can taxpayers aford to pay qualified people to count ballots*. You aren't going to eliminate fears of vote rigging, you'll just change the form from digital hacking to personal manipulation.

I've been using these Microvote machines since I was 18, and haven't heard of any real problems with them.

I'm not sure you could pay me enough to sit in that room and count an endless like of ballots. And if your paying someone $10 an hour, just how open are they to bribery?

Anyone want to do the math on this paper counting cost?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You simply can't undo technology because you're afraid if it (e.g. banking). Nor can taxpayers aford to pay qualified people to count ballots*. You aren't going to eliminate fears of vote rigging, you'll just change the form from digital hacking to personal manipulation.

I've been using these Microvote machines since I was 18, and haven't heard of any real problems with them.

I'm not sure you could pay me enough to sit in that room and count an endless like of ballots. And if your paying someone $10 an hour, just how open are they to bribery?

I don't think that it's more apparent than problems with paper ballots. I'm not denying that there are problems with the voting tech. You seem to deny it. And that's mostly the cause of my post.

But there are problems with the tech. Maybe the tech you've used all along is just fine. Whatever AZ was using wasn't. Circumstances leave a lot of room for skeptical people to be skeptical.

But, the solution suggesting paper ballots comes with problems as well, which is why I come to the same conclusion. I don't think it's clear that it would solve the problem. I don't think counting paper ballots is particularly challenging. Well, if we don't mind hanging chads. Why would it be that expensive? I mean messicans can count. Right? Seriously, the point is, I don't think the dollar cost makes that nonviable. I just don't think it's gonna solve it. If anything it would tend to shove the cheating more under the table. At least we can take a whiff of something that smells an awful lot like cheating.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think that it's more apparent than problems with paper ballots. I'm not denying that there are problems with the voting tech. You seem to deny it. And that's mostly the cause of my post.

But there are problems with the tech. Maybe the tech you've used all along is just fine. Whatever AZ was using wasn't. Circumstances leave a lot of room for skeptical people to be skeptical.

But, the solution suggesting paper ballots comes with problems as well, which is why I come to the same conclusion. I don't think it's clear that it would solve the problem. I don't think counting paper ballots is particularly challenging. Well, if we don't mind hanging chads. Why would it be that expensive? I mean messicans can count. Right? Seriously, the point is, I don't think the dollar cost makes that nonviable. I just don't think it's gonna solve it. If anything it would tend to shove the cheating more under the table. At least we can take a whiff of something that smells an awful lot like cheating.
    I haven't brainstormed how to prevent the feed from being corrupted, but wonder if counting could be done with something like SETI@home. Tranches of raw data would be given to multiple volunteer distributed processors and the results of a cohort would have to agree in order to be accepted

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I think voting has become too easy. We know the reality of what's going on. Absentee ballots are not the same as mail in ballots. Stop all early voting, but start voting 3 days before election day, period. Illegals are not allowed to vote in ANY election at ANY level; I'd even say you cannot vote as a citizen unless you have lived here for 10 years. Any retired people who live outside the country for more than 3 months out of the year are not allowed to vote.

Make it a federal law that all federal elections have all votes counted by midnight on election day, all others are thrown out. State and local elections can do what they want.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are no 'federal elections', only the vector sum of 50 state elections, and the state legislatures have power over them when they decide to assert it and do it early enough to settle challenges before Election Day

I, for one, do not want any federal election control sticking its nose under the tent

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are no 'federal elections', only the vector sum of 50 state elections, and the state legislatures have power over them when they decide to assert it and do it early enough to settle challenges before Election Day

I, for one, do not want any federal election control sticking its nose under the tent
    Oh. Unlike Colorado and 23 other states who have vote curing, where they give voters time (5 days in CO) to fix mistakes which caused their ballots to be invalid.

Problem is, we can’t just let electioneers take as much time as they need to get the result they want. That’s why we have deadlines. If you trust your ability to mail in an unflawed ballot, sure. Go ahead and get it there at the deadline. But if there are mistakes, tough ****.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

You're deflecting.

They aren't complaining about the electronic voting machines, for the most part. They're complaining about mail in ballots with obscenely loose standards to qualifying and counting them, even when the voter has broke the rules.

If you don't have equal faith of both parties in this country, in our elections, bad things will be coming over the horizon. Confidence and faith in our elections need to be a bipartisan issue, and any amount of money is better spent than the alternative that will become inevitable.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh. Unlike Colorado and 23 other states who have vote curing, where they give voters time (5 days in CO) to fix mistakes which caused their ballots to be invalid.

Problem is, we can’t just let electioneers take as much time as they need to get the result they want. That’s why we have deadlines. If you trust your ability to mail in an unflawed ballot, sure. Go ahead and get it there at the deadline. But if there are mistakes, tough ****.
    When it comes to the damage that can be done by using dark money to put fellow travelers in what had been hohum state level offices like AG and SoS, we were unaware and badly outplayed

It gets fixed via the same method it got broke, long march through the institutions, and it doesn't get fixed overnight. Or just skip directly to the fourth box, but I don't think you'll be able to work from home and have pizza delivered

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think voting has become too easy. We know the reality of what's going on. Absentee ballots are not the same as mail in ballots. Stop all early voting, but start voting 3 days before election day, period. Illegals are not allowed to vote in ANY election at ANY level; I'd even say you cannot vote as a citizen unless you have lived here for 10 years. Any retired people who live outside the country for more than 3 months out of the year are not allowed to vote.
    Wanna bring back the poll tax or literacy requirements?

As someone who loves voting early - f*** that.

Make it a federal law that all federal elections have all votes counted by midnight on election day, all others are thrown out. State and local elections can do what they want.
    How could that ever be abused?

Yeah, I can just see the Gateway Pundit headline, "Millions of votes thrown in the trash because election officials claim they didn't count them in time."

Top Bottom