• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I'm sorry. That is not an agenda. That is a statement made by Biden that I disagree with. It is a statement that I assume you disagree with otherwise you wouldn't keep insisting on printing it on the net.

I don't support Biden. He has problems, the least of which is sex. But I will vote for him over Trump in November if those are my two choices.

If you need further clarification, then perhaps the political section of INGO is not for you.

Just out of curiousity - and this is NOT an attempt to trap anyone or even change their mind - I don't believe that's possible....

What things do you view as Trumps big problems ? I.E. the reasons why you wouldn't vote for him.
    And the same for Biden - what do you see as his top problems?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just out of curiousity - and this is NOT an attempt to trap anyone or even change their mind - I don't believe that's possible....

What things do you view as Trumps big problems ? I.E. the reasons why you wouldn't vote for him.

There is only one thing that prevents people from seeing bidens obvious problems - TDS.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Im a trump supporter, obviously, so I’ll do my best to answer on my personal feelings about this. I’ve been avoiding politics cause I’m sick of politics, but this one baited me in so here we go.

Trumps problems are he’s willing to change his opinion based on popular belief at the time. I never owned a bump stock, and don’t really care about them either way. But after the Vegas shooting he should have told everyone to **** off, crazy people do crazy **** and any device isn’t going to change that. I do understand why he did it, because it did stop the outcries from the left to “do something”. So I see it as him throwing them a bone to shut them up, I just don’t want him to throw them a bone at all. My second issue, which I actually like about him, but it does cause more trouble than it’s worth sometimes, is him on Twitter. It gives the left ammo to use against him. I enjoy watching their heads explode over what he says so it isn’t a huge issue for me, however, if he wouldn’t post to Twitter and would be more secretive like the Obama administration, he’d make reporters actually dig for something to report, and we all know how horrible they are at actually doing real work.

As for Biden, I don’t have enough time to post what I dislike so I’ll just mention a couple.

Pervert in disguise. He acts like he’s “for women”, like him announcing he’ll have a female vp, then it comes out about sexual assaults. He’s using the typical left identity politics to gain points.

Anti 2-A which is my biggest concern.

Repeat of Obama, 2nd biggest concern.

Hes a member of the left, which I just can’t support no matter what. Not that there aren’t leftist that I agree with, just that the main idealogy of the left is far from my beliefs. I believe in small government, low taxes, the constitution as meant when it was written, strong military, love our LEO, and Christianity. The mainstream left are against those ideals, so I just can’t support the left due to that.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There wasn't much support for the bump stock - not even on here. It was an obvious thing to do.
    I had one and would have liked to keep it, it was a lot of fun. But I sold mine [strike]on gunbroker[/strike] before the ban took effect.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    There wasn't much support for the bump stock - not even on here. It was an obvious thing to do.
    I had one and would have liked to keep it, it was a lot of fun. But I sold mine [strike]on gunbroker[/strike] before the ban took effect.
    Ya I didn’t have any feelings either way towards it. I just hate that he gave an inch to the left. I liked him cause he didn’t care what the left thought, and I don’t care about the bump stock at all, I just wish he would’ve told em to shove it and not gave them anything

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Ya I didn’t have any feelings either way towards it. I just hate that he gave an inch to the left. I liked him cause he didn’t care what the left thought, and I don’t care about the bump stock at all, I just wish he would’ve told em to shove it and not gave them anything

I agree completely on not giving the left anything. My son bought the bump stock for me so I wanted to keep it and use it whenever I had too much ammo.:)
    I don't know but I don't think Trump actively shoots much himself. I think his sons shoot and hopefully influence him a little on the second amendment.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

My own answers to this - just to be fair.
    Trump: 1) He's an a-hole, even when he doesn't need to be. Sometimes - i.e. when negotiating, it's smart to use Twitter. But not all of the time. Reagan, for example , had a press corps that hated him, too. But he dealt with them much more in a civil manner. 2) As others have mentioned - he's a populist. He will act on what the populus wants at that minute, as opposed to on principle.
    Biden: 1) He is a tool of the Left, and their stated (and acted upon) intention is to take down the 2A. I will not be disarmed. After Beto and then Virginia - don't give me any "they don't really mean it" crap. Without a blocking force of Trump - there is little question what a Pelosi/Biden combo would do. Pelosi/Obama said they would do it on health care. They did. They have now said that they will do it with 2A. I take them at their word. 2) Biden has a hole where his ethics should be.

For me - both are less than what they should be. That said - if one truly believes that the 2A protects all of the rest of the Bill of Rights, as I do, then the choice seems pretty clear between the two. This is why I was asking this question of Alpo (and if Kut or T Lex et al were around, as well). I am curious what Trump has done (A-hole notwithstanding) that warrants disarming oneself?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is why I was asking this question of Alpo (and if Kut or T Lex et al were around, as well). I am curious what Trump has done (A-hole notwithstanding) that warrants disarming oneself?

Whether they'll say it or not, that shallow of thought process is as transparent to anyone looking as a glass of water.

It's simply "I got mine and I don't care if you don't." They'll publically cover for themselves by saying "That'll never happen!" even though they realize it can and will happen.

As for why they're happy sacrificing their neighbor's birth right, and very likely, actual lives...? Trump doesn't behave the way they like and they see that as a bigger problem than an INGSOC style dystopia. It's a mindset of entitlement and selfishness.

That last statement sums up pretty much every single democrat policy that ever has, or ever will exist. They try to mask their selfishness of effectively paying themselves with the policies they want for themselves, at your cost, by pretending it helps the poor. Meanwhile, in all the areas they control, and have controlled, wealth inequality is the highest in the nation. It isn't for the poor and never has been, it's purely selfishness and entitlement. This is why when someone like Bernie comes around and actually threatens their 401k by creating policy that is hostile to the wealthy, for the purpose of serving the poor, they lose their collective minds and would rather support a senile dysfunctional potato.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    source.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Whether they'll say it or not, that shallow of thought process is as transparent to anyone looking as a glass of water.

It's simply "I got mine and I don't care if you don't." They'll publically cover for themselves by saying "That'll never happen!" even though they realize it can and will happen.

As for why they're happy sacrificing their neighbor's birth right, and very likely, actual lives...? Trump doesn't behave the way they like and they see that as a bigger problem than an INGSOC style dystopia. It's a mindset of entitlement and selfishness.

That last statement sums up pretty much every single democrat policy that ever has, or ever will exist. They try to mask their selfishness of effectively paying themselves with the policies they want for themselves, at your cost, by pretending it helps the poor. Meanwhile, in all the areas they control, and have controlled, wealth inequality is the highest in the nation. It isn't for the poor and never has been, it's purely selfishness and entitlement. This is why when someone like Bernie comes around and actually threatens their 401k by creating policy that is hostile to the wealthy, for the purpose of serving the poor, they lose their collective minds and would rather support a senile dysfunctional potato.

All true!
    This is worth quoting.
    - especially "potato".

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

In fairness - I ASKED a question of them (and heck, of all of us) and I meant what I said. No intent to trap folks or tell them what they think. I gave my approach to the same question. My questions were honest. I'm curious as to what everything thinks. What are the top negative things that could influence your vote for BOTH candidates. And how do you weigh them against each other?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A couple of observations.

First, I do not want to criticize a sitting president in the middle of a crisis. That seems counterproductive. The issues that I have with Trump will be there when this is over. However, I think he does need to be watched carefully as many nations are reducing liberties and increasing state power during the crisis. I don't know if they feel it will be the new way of doing things going forward, but Trump clearly needs to be careful in his executive mandates. If he oversteps, I'm sure he'll lose republican support quickly if he doesn't immediately rescind the action.

Next. Let me show you a chart.

NICS-by-Category-202003-1000.jpg

Much of the rise in March are attributed to first time gun purchasers: independents and democrats. The crisis has changed the calculus on gun ownership among previously neutral or perhaps slightly anti gun people. Congress will be aware of those purchases and they are the ones who change laws.

If we have another major tragedy involving firearms, especially with children as victims, then there might be another push on firearms over the next 4 years. I would cautiously say that, absent that, gun control is not going to be a burning issue with most people as they dig out from the economic consequences of the current crisis.

Will Joe hire Beto as his gun czar? NO. Joe said something stupid. Beto doesn't want that job. He wants a job that will leave him as electable to a high office. There are many more plums on the tree that have juicier fruit.

There probably will not be a gun czar.

All this assumes Biden is the nominee. I'm still not certain that will be the case. We have to wait another month or two to be sure.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

First, I do not want to criticize a sitting president in the middle of a crisis. That seems counterproductive. The issues that I have with Trump will be there when this is over. However, I think he does need to be watched carefully as many nations are reducing liberties and increasing state power during the crisis. I don't know if they feel it will be the new way of doing things going forward, but Trump clearly needs to be careful in his executive mandates. If he oversteps, I'm sure he'll lose republican support quickly if he doesn't immediately rescind the action.

Much of the rise in March are attributed to first time gun purchasers: independents and democrats. The crisis has changed the calculus on gun ownership among previously neutral or perhaps slightly anti gun people. Congress will be aware of those purchases and they are the ones who change laws.

If we have another major tragedy involving firearms, especially with children as victims, then there might be another push on firearms over the next 4 years. I would cautiously say that, absent that, gun control is not going to be a burning issue with most people as they dig out from the economic consequences of the current crisis.

Will Joe hire Beto as his gun czar? NO. Joe said something stupid. Beto doesn't want that job. He wants a job that will leave him as electable to a high office. There are many more plums on the tree that have juicier fruit.

All this assumes Biden is the nominee. I'm still not certain that will be the case. We have to wait another month or two to be sure.

I'm not terribly concerned whether Beto is gun czar or dog catcher or whatever....
    He is a small minded person with an oversized mouth and judging by the use of his mouth, a small penis. Beto simply is an irrelevancy.

What DOES concern me is Virginia, and some of Biden's comments in the aftermath of that. Also the general tone of the Democratic Party on the subject. They have flat out said that they are going to do it. Constitution be damned. Empowering Democrats with a Biden Presidency would also be empowering the Gavin Newsomes of the Party who HAVE DONE IT in California. I'm not prepared to bet my freedom, nor my life, on "PROBABLY" as you mention above.

Respect the civil conversation, I do. But I don't buy it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh. Yeah. It just HAS to be that. Can't be any other reason for a Democrat to vote democrat than "I got mine."

It's been my experience that the 2A supporters who will vote Democrat aren't one-issue voters. I think there is more underlying it than simplely that. But it's mostly that. They have a different worldview than you do. It's not really a lot more than that. That worldview has different priorities than yours. I'm not saying delusion doesn't play a part either. I think we're all deluded by an obstructed view of the world to some extent.

Prioritizing issues works like this. I can't stand authoritarian leaders. Trump is authoritarian. One of the things I hate about him. I'm going to vote for him anyway, because of priorities. There are other things more important than that to me, compared to the risk of Trump instituting some kind of authoritarian regime. I fear that from Democrats even more. So I'm going to vote for Trump because the alternative, to me, is worse.

I may question the judgement of Democrats who are pro 2A, just like they may question my judgement for deciding to vote for someone like Trump. Maybe like I justify it saying he won't/can't go full on authoritarian, they think Democrats won't be able to get anti-2a legislation passed, and can still have the other priorities they want. Maybe instead of declaring what other democrats must believe based on your own worldview, it would be more productive to try to understand that worldview and come to some kind of synthesis of reality. What is it that they actually believe? Where are they consistent? Where are they inconsistent? Or. You could just go :lala: ho-de-hum, herp-de-derp, they all really believe what I say they believe because they can't possibly believe anything else.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In fairness - I ASKED a question of them (and heck, of all of us) and I meant what I said. No intent to trap folks or tell them what they think. I gave my approach to the same question. My questions were honest. I'm curious as to what everything thinks. What are the top negative things that could influence your vote for BOTH candidates. And how do you weigh them against each other?

I have to admit that I'm a bit biased here. I see Democrats representing too much of the insane social justice bull****. There's just no way I could vote for someone who might perpetuate that one second longer. It's a scourge on civil liberty and order. They're also the most likely to support socialism. The polls make that quite clear. As I've mentioned about authoritarianism, I also think they're closer to that. They boo sane Democrats off the stage, for **** sake.

That's my own bias. I think there are sane democrat voters who don't see things like I do. Maybe they aren't as hyper-focused on the problems with mob-wokeness as I am. Maybe they don't believe it is as pervasive in pop culture as I do. Some democrats I know act like they don't like the woke bull**** either, but when it's evidenced in various events they act like it's not that. It's something I can't unsee. Maybe it's something they're incapable of seeing. Whatever the case, they have their priorities which proceed from their worldview, just like mine proceed from mine. To me, if they seem sane to me (they are capable of seeing that there is another side to every issue, and are tolerant of people who disagree with them) I can accept that they have different priorities. I'm not going to call them names or assert they must believe some evil thing just because they have a different outlook than me.

So the negative things that influence what my vote will be: Trump acts like a petulant child sometimes. He can't accept legitimate criticism. Not interested in all the things that are true. He's interested in things he can say to make himself look better. He's not a great statesman. He's not a great communicator. He knows how to handle the media in front of his own cheering base. He doesn't know how to win over his critics. I'm not even sure he cares about doing that. But, he's not all the critics say he is either. I don't really see that he's any more corrupt than any other president. I don't see that he's particularly less competent than any other president has been, although I do think that his own ego inhibits his competence as much as it does his success. If there were another person who could be president, who has a grasp of the kinds of priorities America needs to be a great nation--it at least takes a realization that it's good if America IS great--along with other traits I want, pro-2a, pro-liberty, individualist, effective communicator, a uniter, a statesman, principled, etcetera, I would gladly vote for that person regardless of party. There are zero people on the Democrat side who could come close to any of those traits. So it has to be Trump, I guess. He falls quite short of that list, but he's closer to that list than Joe Biden is by a lot. It also helps to have all of his faculties. Trump says dumb things. Those are intentional. Biden says dumb things because he's senile. He doesn't have a clue what he's saying.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The problem is that I think you're being overly optimistic about democrats not being as aggressive as they've promised on gun control. A lot of Democratic party leaders with a lot of power have an ideological problem with guns. That's the worst kind because ideologically derived positions aren't arrived at by rational thinking. It doesn't make rational sense for Democrats to enact gun control when a **** ton of their base just went out and purchased guns. It makes ideological sense though because they believe citizens should not possess firearms, even if it's their constituents. It is a core belief. I think the likelihood of a gun czar is higher than you estimate. It might not be an official position but any Democrat who might possibly become president will make gun control a priority. It's not all that likely, IMHO, that the democrats who just bought guns will hold one of their own accountable. Just like all the supposed liberty loving Republicans are incapable of holding Trump accountable for some of his actions. People just don't act rationally when driven by ideology. Just bought guns. Votes for these democrats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom