• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To all of you, conservatives tried to send a nice guy who will get along, be polite to all, work with the media, heck, they were so moderate many conservatives didn't like them much, (me) but we sent them anyway, supported them all we could, and what were they and we given in return? Vicious vitriol!!! I really cannot think of much of anything that they call Trump, a guy the despise off the charts, that wasn't said about both Romney and McCain. Once the left calls you Hitler, they pretty much have fired all their powder.

So f**k the pompous nostalgic wishes for the days of old. Conservatives sent a street fighter to beat em back at the street fight they started and bloodied the gentlemen we sent before. And while I believe some Trump supporters are genuinely embarrassed by his street fighting, I think many are like the proper girl feigning indignant over a rube staring at her breasts while being self satisfied he noticed...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    A couple of observations.

First, I do not want to criticize a sitting president in the middle of a crisis. That seems counterproductive.
    Wait a minute, in your scramble for the moral high ground did you forget that only last week you:
    - Referring to Trump as "Mr. GrabembytheP" and talking about "the payoffs he made to women he's banged while married"
    - posted that "Trump was ****ing whores during his marriage. He was ****ing a future wife during his marriage to another woman"
    - Implied that Trump had sexually abused Ivanka

This post "is another example of the schadenfreude and prurient hypocrisy" some members like to exhibit.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. Busted.

I couldn't let that one go. And I still won't if you *******s bring it up again.

Otherwise, find a recent thread where I didn't at least attempt to say nice things about Donald.

You can't, Irish. But leave it to you to act as the archangel of righteousness.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The problem is that I think you're being overly optimistic about democrats not being as aggressive as they've promised on gun control. A lot of Democratic party leaders with a lot of power have an ideological problem with guns. That's the worst kind because ideologically derived positions aren't arrived at by rational thinking. It doesn't make rational sense for Democrats to enact gun control when a **** ton of their base just went out and purchased guns. It makes ideological sense though because they believe citizens should not possess firearms, even if it's their constituents. It is a core belief. I think the likelihood of a gun czar is higher than you estimate. It might not be an official position but any Democrat who might possibly become president will make gun control a priority. It's not all that likely, IMHO, that the democrats who just bought guns will hold one of their own accountable. Just like all the supposed liberty loving Republicans are incapable of holding Trump accountable for some of his actions. People just don't act rationally when driven by ideology. Just bought guns. Votes for these democrats.
    Biden has outright said that he wants Beto to work on gun control in his administration. It's no secret.

While I'm glad to see more Americans go out an exercise their constitutional rights, I'm confident that there will be a small number with buyers remorse and guilt about buying a firearm, so I have no doubt that we'll have more gun control advocates "speaking as a gun owner" to support the erosion of 2A.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Yeah. Busted.

I couldn't let that one go. And I still won't if you *******s bring it up again.

Otherwise, find a recent thread where I didn't at least attempt to say nice things about Donald.

You can't, Irish. But leave it to you to act as the archangel of righteousness.

I would consider a week to be fairly recent, but your mileage may vary.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    To all of you, conservatives tried to send a nice guy who will get along, be polite to all, work with the media, heck, they were so moderate many conservatives didn't like them much, (me) but we sent them anyway, supported them all we could, and what were they and we given in return? Vicious vitriol!!! I really cannot think of much of anything that they call Trump, a guy the despise off the charts, that wasn't said about both Romney and McCain. Once the left calls you Hitler, they pretty much have fired all their powder.

So f**k the pompous nostalgic wishes for the days of old. Conservatives sent a street fighter to beat em back at the street fight they started and bloodied the gentlemen we sent before. And while I believe some Trump supporters are genuinely embarrassed by his street fighting, I think many are like the proper girl feigning indignant over a rube staring at her breasts while being self satisfied he noticed...
    I think that is where a lot of people currently are. The Democrats, enabled by the media, over played their hand, confident that they could get away with the same playbook over and over again. When Romney, one of the most milquetoast members of the GOP, was called a Nazi and Biden made comments that he wanted to put People of Color back in chains they had de-valued their avenues of attack so much, and had dealt with submissive opponents so much, that they were not prepared for real resistence.

If Jeb had been elected we could be looking at an indefinite period of Democrats in the White House.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    source.gif

Yeah.

I'm glad I'm being apolitical this week; too much work to do.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not terribly concerned whether Beto is gun czar or dog catcher or whatever....
    He is a small minded person with an oversized mouth and judging by the use of his mouth, a small penis. Beto simply is an irrelevancy.

What DOES concern me is Virginia, and some of Biden's comments in the aftermath of that. Also the general tone of the Democratic Party on the subject. They have flat out said that they are going to do it. Constitution be damned. Empowering Democrats with a Biden Presidency would also be empowering the Gavin Newsomes of the Party who HAVE DONE IT in California. I'm not prepared to bet my freedom, nor my life, on "PROBABLY" as you mention above.

Respect the civil conversation, I do. But I don't buy it.

Might want to re-read my post.

These people aren't complicated to understand, the mental gymnastics they use to attempt to defend their position is what causes the confusion.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Biden has outright said that he wants Beto to work on gun control in his administration. It's no secret.

While I'm glad to see more Americans go out an exercise their constitutional rights, I'm confident that there will be a small number with buyers remorse and guilt about buying a firearm, so I have no doubt that we'll have more gun control advocates "speaking as a gun owner" to support the erosion of 2A.
    A candidate saying something in a campaign, especially a primary, does not mean they will make it happen once elected.

I imagine Biden would do whatever the national party steered him towards doing. If the party decided to go after guns hard after the election, he would appoint a gun czar. If they decided to let it drop for now, he wouldn't.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh. Yeah. It just HAS to be that. Can't be any other reason for a Democrat to vote democrat than "I got mine."

It's been my experience that the 2A supporters who will vote Democrat aren't one-issue voters. I think there is more underlying it than simplely that. But it's mostly that. They have a different worldview than you do. It's not really a lot more than that. That worldview has different priorities than yours. I'm not saying delusion doesn't play a part either. I think we're all deluded by an obstructed view of the world to some extent.

Prioritizing issues works like this. I can't stand authoritarian leaders. Trump is authoritarian. One of the things I hate about him. I'm going to vote for him anyway, because of priorities. There are other things more important than that to me, compared to the risk of Trump instituting some kind of authoritarian regime. I fear that from Democrats even more. So I'm going to vote for Trump because the alternative, to me, is worse.

I may question the judgement of Democrats who are pro 2A, just like they may question my judgement for deciding to vote for someone like Trump. Maybe like I justify it saying he won't/can't go full on authoritarian, they think Democrats won't be able to get anti-2a legislation passed, and can still have the other priorities they want. Maybe instead of declaring what other democrats must believe based on your own worldview, it would be more productive to try to understand that worldview and come to some kind of synthesis of reality. What is it that they actually believe? Where are they consistent? Where are they inconsistent? Or. You could just go :lala: ho-de-hum, herp-de-derp, they all really believe what I say they believe because they can't possibly believe anything else.

"They just have a different world view dude, you shouldn't hate them for wanting you disarmed and dead."

I can't tell whether you're just naive or if you actually believe the things you say.

If we were debating civil rights, you're one of the types who would say it's all horseshoe theory and having civil rights and not having civil rights is the same thing, just with different opinions on either side.

P.S. I already understand their world view, it's shallow, read between the lines of what they say, because they always obfuscate their actual desires by hiding behind some other issue.

A candidate saying something in a campaign, especially a primary, does not mean they will make it happen once elected.
    I imagine Biden would do whatever the national party steered him towards doing. If the party decided to go after guns hard after the election, he would appoint a gun czar. If they decided to let it drop for now, he wouldn't.

So he's a liar? What makes you believe he's telling the truth on any policy ideals you want?

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    "They just have a different world view dude, you shouldn't hate them for wanting you disarmed and dead."

I can't tell whether you're just naive or if you actually believe the things you say.

If we were debating civil rights, you're one of the types who would say it's all horseshoe theory and having civil rights and not having civil rights is the same thing, just with different opinions on either side.

So he's a liar? What makes you believe he's telling the truth on any policy ideals you want?
    Of course he is a liar, he is a politician.

And what policy do I want? I never said I wanted any of his policies. I am merely pointing out the fact that politicians say things during campaigns that they do not follow through on.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

From a pragmatic point of view - you are likely correct. Biden will follow the whim of the Party (whoever and whatever the heck that is)

I'm pretty sure, given historical precedent, that turning over your personal ability to defend yourself to the whim of the "Party" - is a pretty bad idea....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

How many of those will signal their virtue on facebook after the next tragedy, posting a video of themselves sawing their panic bought firearm in half. Odds are, more than one will do it.

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    Biden has been consistently trying to ban guns for 50 years! He wrote the first semi-auto-magazine ban. He will make Beto his gun ban czar. People will be voting for the vice president who will be very anti-second amendment also!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom