Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wish that Trump could actually debate. There's no better platform for debunking the "can't sue gun manufacturers" bull**** than a national presidential debate.

They're trying to conflate (yes, I mean that in the proper sense of the word) liability for product defects with liability for how people use a product, to say that there's no liability at all. And that's just nonsense. There's a case now where the Sandy Hook families are suing Remington for wrongful death, claiming that Remington markets their scary rifles to people who want to kill people. Yes, that wording is intentionally hyperbolic. But it illustrates that the law that protects gun manufacturers from lawsuits is very narrow in what it protects. It doesn't protect gun manufactures from liability for product defects, or "marketing".

As noted, a Toyota is not liable for the terrorist who drove his Toyota on a busy boardwalk, unless it could legitimately be construed that Toyota marketed the car for that purpose. I think that should be a very high bar to reach. But, if it could be proven that Remington marketed their firearms irresponsibility (which should be narrowly defined in itself).

It would be awesome if there were a president on the national debate stage that could powerfully debunk that bull****. I don't think Trump can do that. First, no one would take him seriously. Second, he doesn't have it in him. He can troll the **** out of them though. So there's that. But he can't use the platform to eviscerate the straw men superficially constructed by Biden and his ilk. Yes Biden fans. Biden is a founding member of the ilk; an ilk, through and through.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Nah. I just don't know who you guys are attempting to convince with this stuff.

You aren't going to vote for him. I'm not going to vote for Trump.

Seems to be a less productive exercise than pocket pool.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Just wanting to make sure you make an informed decision.

You clearly can't be against Trump based on his "lies"...
    Must be another reason... skin color perhaps?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

If we can just save one lunatic, if will be worth the effort.
    gs4sPiY.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Tough choice. If you go with 'let 'em fail', the most likely will. Indianapolis to LA is 2067 road miles, but you're retired. You've got three full days at 12 hours per day actual wheel time plus time for gas and meals available anytime you want to go there, eh

Why, you could actually spend a whole day in Cali before you had to turn around and come back if on a weeks vacation

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Tough choice. If you go with 'let 'em fail', the most likely will. Indianapolis to LA is 2067 road miles, but you're retired. You've got three full days at 12 hours per day actual wheel time plus time for gas and meals available anytime you want to go there, eh

Why, you could actually spend a whole day in Cali before you had to turn around and come back if on a weeks vacation

Ewww... Why would anyone voluntarily spend an entire day in California? *shudder*

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I guess everybody has to decide what American Freedom is and what it is worth to them.
    In the past history of this country it was who and what we were and it was worth dying for.
    Now it is worth what you make of it...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

And I should subsidize your travel....why? I thought you guys didn't like theft.

My last 6 or 7 trips to California were by car/truck. I enjoy the ride. Even Kansas. I've got relatives in Denver and we did a recording session there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom