Not open for further replies.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    It's been sort of lost among all the CoronaVirus fervor, but the first 1-on-1 debate between Biden and Bernie is tonight at 8:00 pm.

The bad news is that you have to tune into CNN if you want to watch. The good news is that they moved it to a closed studio with no audience, so you won't have to hear the seal clapping and moronic cheers of the crowd when the candidates talk about taking guns away or giving free healthcare to illegal aliens.

Made more bearable if you have an interest in winning some coin in DraftKings. So I've heard. :whistle:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It's been sort of lost among all the CoronaVirus fervor, but the first 1-on-1 debate between Biden and Bernie is tonight at 8:00 pm.

The bad news is that you have to tune into CNN if you want to watch. The good news is that they moved it to a closed studio with no audience, so you won't have to hear the seal clapping and moronic cheers of the crowd when the candidates talk about taking guns away or giving free healthcare to illegal aliens.

I just checked and I actually do get cnn. I didn't know that before.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This isn’t even really a debate. It appears Bernie has acquiesced to being the also ran, and is simply trying to lock down Joe on some of policies. Joe, I think might be rambling about how the Sharks were actually had better footwork than the Jets.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    This isn’t even really a debate. It appears Bernie has acquiesced to being the also ran, and is simply trying to lock down Joe on some of policies. Joe, I think might be rambling about how the Sharks were actually had better footwork than the Jets.

Did this have something to do with Joe coming up to Bernie backstage at the last debate with a bicycle chain wrapped around his hand?

Last edited:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Biden is an idiot (shocking, I know). So every time there is a shooting, the gun manufacturer gets sued? Does that mean if someone takes a car and rams it into people, the car manufacturer can be sued? Moronic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, perhaps you should think a bit harder and longer. Hillary won the popular vote despite efforts to make voting as difficult as possible by a number of repubican controlled state chambers.

America doesn't have popular vote elections. Neither candidate campaigned on the premise of winning the popular vote.

America has popular vote elections. You are attempting to put a fine point on an argument, but aren't specific enough to make your point credible.

No, we literally don't. If voters went into an election knowing the person that won the popular vote would be President, the candidates would campaign completely differently... and I imagine turnout would be vastly more.

Getting the most votes, as it stands, is 100% irrelevant... unless that's what mattered overall.

Governor: popular vote.
    Mayor: popular vote
    City Counsel: popular vote
    Referendums: popular vote.

You need to be more precise in your definitions and use of adjectives, as I stated.

In addition, it is a question of bragging rights. Why did Trump insist that millions of democrat votes were fraudulent?

GP is correct here. You said, "Hillary won the popular vote...". It was that post that GPIA replied to. The definition is implied in sufficient detail by your statement for the point which he made. The subject is obviously how Presidents are elected. Popular vote is completely meaningless when the strategy employed by candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were focused on winning the electoral college. That's a very different kind of race.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    GP is correct here. You said, "Hillary won the popular vote...". It was that post that GPIA replied to. The definition is implied in sufficient detail by your statement for the point which he made. The subject is obviously how Presidents are elected. Popular vote is completely meaningless when the strategy employed by candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were focused on winning the electoral college. That's a very different kind of race.

Thank you for the sleeves from your vest.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Posted this a couple of days ago.

I’m hearing that Burnie’s goal for the scheduled debate is to question Biden on his positions and get a commitment in support of the issues that are important to his supporters.

It’s looking more likely that Burnie will bow out if he accomplishes that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Biden is an idiot (shocking, I know). So every time there is a shooting, the gun manufacturer gets sued? Does that mean if someone takes a car and rams it into people, the car manufacturer can be sued? Moronic.

People are okay with it, as long as it doesn't affect them.
    Then they scream.

Just like the people are asking, what kind of gun should I get?
    What are the laws?
    Etc.
    Now. Late to the party of course.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

The objective is to enrich law firms at the expense of firearms manufacturers thereby eliminating them as a source of new guns or parts. Lots more cash to be made by law firms going after car manufacturers but that would be another law in itself and not serve the bankrupt ideology of gun control as a solution to criminal activities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom