T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Got the calipers out....

The CZ 457 did better overall today than it's maiden voyage. The average group size with CCI SV shrank and averaged 0.663" (0.819"). 4 out of 10 groups spanned 0.516" to 0.589" in size. For non match grade ammo, I really can't complain about that. But, I have a feeling this rifle wants to eat match grade ammo and someday that will probably/possibly/might/maybe happen.

d5UQq16.jpg

The Tippmann did really well today, but the technical results were tainted by two horrible flyers. I can 100% guarantee those were not shooter error either. Despite the flyers, it produced it's best group so far with an outstanding 0.285" using CCI SV, backed up by a 0.309" group as well. 4 out of 10 groups were sub-moa. If I filter out those two flyers, it's average would be 0.579" (0.836" with flyers) and that would beat it's previous average of 0.741". But that technically doesn't count, so it's only for my own entertainment purposes.

dmf2yh7.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Got the calipers out....

The CZ 457 did better overall today than it's maiden voyage. The average group size with CCI SV shrank and averaged 0.663" (0.819"). 4 out of 10 groups spanned 0.516" to 0.589" in size. For non match grade ammo, I really can't complain about that. But, I have a feeling this rifle wants to eat match grade ammo and someday that will probably/possibly/might/maybe happen.

d5UQq16.jpg

The Tippmann did really well today, but the technical results were tainted by two horrible flyers. I can 100% guarantee those were not shooter error either. Despite the flyers, it produced it's best group so far with an outstanding 0.285" using CCI SV, backed up by a 0.309" group as well. 4 out of 10 groups were sub-moa. If I filter out those two flyers, it's average would be 0.579" (0.836" with flyers) and that would beat it's previous average of 0.741". But that technically doesn't count, so it's only for my own entertainment purposes.

dmf2yh7.jpg
    Ever used an app called Range Buddy?
    Super fun to tinker with.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reloaderscloud.rangebuddy

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Waiting on this here errl to drain on vehicle#2. Shaggin' Wagon is g2g.
    The house reeks of fresh sugar cookie and snicker doodles. Can't wait for my jelly of the month club renewal. Tis the season peeps.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Back from an enjoyable range trip. Well, my nose and fingers didn't enjoy the trip all that much (yes Mom, I had gloves on :)).

Sighted in (3) 5.56 AR's with a total of 18 rounds. My 16" BCM has the PST 2.5-10 scope on it now, took it off my Tippmann 22, put 3 rounds right in the bullseye at 50 yards today with only boresighting it. That is not the first time that's happened either. I says to myself "yeah, I'm good with that". And myself agreed.

Dialed in the 22 rifles with the new Athlon scopes, did some more 50 yard accuracy shooting and will move onto to 100 yards next time with them. Very impressed with the Athlon scopes so far.

I have 3 Athlon's --- 2 of them are the same = Helos 6x24x50 which ride on the DD 5.56 V7 & the other is on the new Tikka Tac A1 308.

The other is a new model on my BCM Precision 18"

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have 3 Athlon's --- 2 of them are the same = Helos 6x24x50 which ride on the DD 5.56 V7 & the other is on the new Tikka Tac A1 308.

The other is a new model on my BCM Precision 18"
    I just realized I wrote down the wrong scope. I have the Helos on those rifles, not the Argos.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Got the calipers out....

d5UQq16.jpg

dmf2yh7.jpg

Jealous. I didn't do nearly as much bench shooting as I wanted to this year, but will make up for it next year... :yesway:

Someone is having a sweeeeeet Christmas!

Churchmouse pushed me to edge and Allen drug me over the cliff. Pretty excited to get my hands on this.

Allen’s work is just top notch. Amazing.

I’m pretty darned excited to be able to serve as caretaker for one of Allen’s masterpieces.

1911 Build for mcapo (pic heavy)
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=490057&share_type=t&link_source=app

Amazing is the correct word! :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom