Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Shadow box arrived today. Got the first section of Dad's memorial completed and all hung up on the wall. The second section will be completed once I purchase two 24x36 display cases for his military uniforms.

Sorry about the size of this picture, I had to shrink it down a bit in order to help blur out some things for privacy reasons, while still being able to show you guys.

hozjw8s.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Shadow box arrived today. Got the first section of Dad's memorial completed and all hung up on the wall. The second section will be completed once I purchase two 24x36 display cases for his military uniforms.

Sorry about the size of this picture, I had to shrink it down a bit in order to help blur out some things for privacy reasons, while still being able to show you guys.

hozjw8s.jpg

Really cool T. Nice work.

And don't worry, we won't tell anyone about the used sock collection off screen.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

hozjw8s.jpg

Well done my neighbor to the East.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last of the stainless 1911 parts were slated to land here today. Nope. Not today.
    Lets see how long the AR parts from Midway take to get here.
    Ingo member is sending me 10 Pmags (AR) and mailed today from Bloomington. They stated they might not get that 60 miles before Christmas. Hell I should have just drove down and spent a minute with a friend. 2020 sucks big nasty butt's.

Thanksgiving was stolen from us.
    Now we hear that the SIL that was in the rotation to host the family Christmas gathering is backing out. Mouse is soooooo pissed off.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Last of the stainless 1911 parts were slated to land here today. Nope. Not today.
    Lets see how long the AR parts from Midway take to get here.
    Ingo member is sending me 10 Pmags (AR) and mailed today from Bloomington. They stated they might not get that 60 miles before Christmas. Hell I should have just drove down and spent a minute with a friend. 2020 sucks big nasty butt's.

Thanksgiving was stolen from us.
    Now we hear that the SIL that was in the rotation to host the family Christmas gathering is backing out. Mouse is soooooo pissed off.
    Sorry to hear that CM. I bet in your younger years, you'd go for a late night ride on the bike after something like this?

For my wife's family, we pretty much always host for the holidays. We did not celebrate Thanksgiving with my family this year. Might have to postpone Christmas with her family, but waiting to hear for sure. Her brother's wife tested positive for Covid, but it was a rapid test and they're waiting for results from a follow up test.

Looking into 2021, my plan is changing towards focusing more on home improvements and less on guns. I'm just burnt out and losing interest. I've been thinking today I might just sight in my rifles that need it and wait until spring to do anything else. I was gonna do some 22 accuracy testing and practice shooting longer distance, but sitting out in the cold this winter doesn't sound very appealing anymore. The way 2020 has went down, the cost/availability of ammo now, the crap with the ATF's shenanigans and the looming sleepy Joe presidency has really put a huge damper on my interest in spending time in a hobby that really just stresses me out anymore.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to hear that CM. I bet in your younger years, you'd go for a late night ride on the bike after something like this?

For my wife's family, we pretty much always host for the holidays. We did not celebrate Thanksgiving with my family this year. Might have to postpone Christmas with her family, but waiting to hear for sure. Her brother's wife tested positive for Covid, but it was a rapid test and they're waiting for results from a follow up test.

Looking into 2021, my plan is changing towards focusing more on home improvements and less on guns. I'm just burnt out and losing interest. I've been thinking today I might just sight in my rifles that need it and wait until spring to do anything else. I was gonna do some 22 accuracy testing and practice shooting longer distance, but sitting out in the cold this winter doesn't sound very appealing anymore. The way 2020 has went down, the cost/availability of ammo now, the crap with the ATF's shenanigans and the looming sleepy Joe presidency has really put a huge damper on my interest in spending time in a hobby that really just stresses me out anymore.

I see all of this. And I understand but remember the friendships this has brought us all and please do not let them go.
    I use the gun bench to loose myself and yes years past I would be out on one of the bikes rain snow sleet and cold. It did not matter.

I totally understand how people feel. I respect it to a point but at my age I can probably count the number of Holiday seasons I will see on less than 2 hands. And this theft of this one seriously pisses me off. This is all about me spending time with the kids. The adults are OK and I love CKW's family but the kids will not be kids much longer. And this gives me a deep sadness.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Looking into 2021, my plan is changing towards focusing more on home improvements and less on guns. I'm just burnt out and losing interest...

Nice display!

No problem slowing down. Just don't stop for too long or at least get to a range every once in a while. I screwed up when my shooting buddy passed away in the mid 80's and didn't go shooting again for 10 years. I still miss him but shooting has good since I go going again.

Not doing something is an easy habit to slip into.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nice display!

No problem slowing down. Just don't stop for too long or at least get to a range every once in a while. I screwed up when my shooting buddy passed away in the mid 80's and didn't go shooting again for 10 years. I still miss him but shooting has good since I go going again.

Not doing something is an easy habit to slip into.

I am one that does not do "Nothing" well. It kills me. Literally. I have to keep rolling but life has enveloped us into a space that has not allowed much if any range time. And that upsets CKW and I both.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom