Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    More enjoyable when running a 1/8th 7018 bead on scd 80 for 5-6 hours with a respirator along with Cat 2 pants and shirt and a welding jacket. You tilt your head back and the sweat just runs out of your helmet.. ... And when the respirator comes off a mask has to go on.... LOL....
    Plant I was at yesterday and today in Anderson has no AC running about 15 injection machines in it. It was in the upper 90's in there today..
    I look at the folks working everyday in there and no way would I do that....

Foundry work. Electric induction grey iron hand pours. Moving sand mold lines. It is Tee shirts in the dead of winter in there. I was 2nd shift maint. laying low between 1st and 2nd marriages. I was the welder on that shift. The memory's of that place.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Foundry work. Electric induction grey iron hand pours. Moving sand mold lines. It is Tee shirts in the dead of winter in there. I was 2nd shift maint. laying low between 1st and 2nd marriages. I was the welder on that shift. The memory's of that place.

I had to mow my yard one day when it was 95. With a push mower. And barely cold beer.

You can’t imagine the hardship.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

I miss my neighbor Tom'ass that died last year, He worked at the foundry in Anderson that cast some railroad parts until it closed. I dont know how his little 125 lb a$$ used to do it...

Ohhhh, President Trumps on TV... later

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had to mow my yard one day when it was 95. With a push mower. And barely cold beer.

You can’t imagine the hardship.

When I signed on I was in limbo after the 1st divorce. Sold my HVAC company and lost the rest of my butt in court. More to this story of course but I needed a job and the foundry in Hamilton Ohio was hiring and my skills landed me in maint. They liked my welding skills and my pay went north a bit so yeah, I was a happy guy until I really dug in and found out what it was all about. :wow: does not fully cover it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    When I signed on I was in limbo after the 1st divorce. Sold my HVAC company and lost the rest of my butt in court. More to this story of course but I needed a job and the foundry in Hamilton Ohio was hiring and my skills landed me in maint. They liked my welding skills and my pay went north a bit so yeah, I was a happy guy until I really dug in and found out what it was all about. :wow: does not fully cover it.

Foundries are the real deal. I have very limited experience in a casting factory.

Those people that spend 30 years in those places have my total respect. Earned every penny.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Foundries are the real deal. I have very limited experience in a casting factory.

Those people that spend 30 years in those places have my total respect. Earned every penny.

I made it just short of a year and came home to Indy. Got my certs and my B-1 contractors license and back in the game.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I stayed in with the exception of a quick run to the grocery yesterday. Plan to do the same today. Nothing worth going outside today for me.

Hoping our new outdoor A/C unit comes in today. If so The Mouse will be sweating profusely installing it. The existing unit runs but I no longer trust in its being faithful to the cause.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Call me strange but I’m enjoying this heat. Yesterday evening was the perfect late August summer evening as the sun set. I’ll be mowing this afternoon once I’m finished working for the day. Then, I’ll kick back with a gin and tonic and let the day’s stress dissolve to the chorus of cicadas just before sunset.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Call me strange but I’m enjoying this heat. Yesterday evening was the perfect late August summer evening as the sun set. I’ll be mowing this afternoon once I’m finished working for the day. Then, I’ll kick back with a gin and tonic and let the day’s stress dissolve to the chorus of cicadas just before sunset.

I love everything you mention about the evenings except the high humidity heat. After being out in it the last 2 days my old butt is done.....:):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ugh. The heat yesterday drained of my vital essence.

Yep, I was only out in it briefly last evening in the garage (hour and a half or so) putting in some hanging tool storage, etc and came in soaked from sweat. It was extremely humid and this was about 8:30 PM or so. Hybrid holster was completely soaked through the leather backer.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom