• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Factories were hot today, and will be so tomorrow. Found myself rinsing down with isopropyl alcohol at lunch to get rid of the smell.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

For the price, I went ahead and ordered one of these out of curiosity and it arrived today. Too hot to give a good test but I did try it out briefly set up as I'd use it and a couple of dry fires.

The legs and braces are about what I expected but I think they should hold up if you treat them with care while folding and unfolding. The top is solid down the center and a little too flexible on the edges pressing down in a way that you won't do while using. You won't want to lean heavily on it and its not meant to be a seat.

The pleasant surprise for me is that it's easy to get a reasonably steady hold. Not ideal for the tightest of groups but I'm guessing we will be able to bust lollipops all day long.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Signed up on the Johnson safe build list today. Need to make some decisions on exactly what I want... but I'll have 11 months or so until I get it.

Went out and saw some in various states of build and checked out one he had on trade in that I could have bought. But that one was so huge while it would have gotten to the basement, it would have never come back up.

Super nice guy and took his time at the end of his day to show me what he builds and discuss with me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For the price, I went ahead and ordered one of these out of curiosity and it arrived today. Too hot to give a good test but I did try it out briefly set up as I'd use it and a couple of dry fires.

The legs and braces are about what I expected but I think they should hold up if you treat them with care while folding and unfolding. The top is solid down the center and a little too flexible on the edges pressing down in a way that you won't do while using. You won't want to lean heavily on it and its not meant to be a seat.

The pleasant surprise for me is that it's easy to get a reasonably steady hold. Not ideal for the tightest of groups but I'm guessing we will be able to bust lollipops all day long.

Glad to hear it. I got mine today as well, but haven't had a chance to even open the box yet. I'm sure it'll do what I need it to do.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Working in a hot factory in a mask is not fun.

More enjoyable when running a 1/8th 7018 bead on scd 80 for 5-6 hours with a respirator along with Cat 2 pants and shirt and a welding jacket. You tilt your head back and the sweat just runs out of your helmet.. ... And when the respirator comes off a mask has to go on.... LOL....
    Plant I was at yesterday and today in Anderson has no AC running about 15 injection machines in it. It was in the upper 90's in there today..
    I look at the folks working everyday in there and no way would I do that....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom